COVID - what were your experiences

1,824 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Oldbear83
Oldbear83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was in Pennsylvania last week on a court case, coming back Friday. I was OK Monday, but by midday Tuesday I had a headache which would not go away, and by 5 PM had a fever and chills. I went to sleep early and woke up this morning still feeling like crap.

I worked from home today, because 2 of my employees were out, one for illness and one on vacation, and that left us short-staffed. I took a COVID test at 230 today, and now I am waiting on the results.

So for those of you who went through COVID, what was it like for you? I may be just going through a sinus infection or a bad head cold, but the fever that keeps coming and going worries me just a bit. The chills and fatigue are a bit annoying too.

I am curious as to everyone's experience along these lines.

Thanks.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
BellCountyBear
Sniffles. Moved on. Not sure why it affects everyone so differently. I think that's the scariest aspect of it.
Harrison Bergeron
My wife has had it three times. The first time knocked her on her ass for a good couple of weeks. Had to get a nebulizer. Next couple times were like mild colds.

Not sure if I ever got it or not. If I did, never noticed.
quash
I was at the counter of Guess BBQ in February of this year and couldn't smell the meat. Big clue so I took a test and was positive. Perhaps due to being jabbed that was it; the worst part was quarantining.

No long haul effects that I am aware of. I suspect by now I have some protection against the early variants and limited to no protection against recent variants. Until a variant turns bad/lethal I won't be getting any more jabs. Except that one for Shingles and for Pneumonia as my doctor thinks those have way more value.

Hope your symptoms remain mild.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Wangchung
First week was body aches, fever and headaches. Second week was clouded mind, nasal infection and weak to no taste or smell. Following 2 weeks was mild nasal infection only.
4 months later I had two heart attacks within a day of one another despite never having had heart problems previously. Heart stuff could be related or it could be coincidence but I'm 42 and not in terrible shape at all, so take it for what it's worth.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Beverly Hills Bear
Caught it in January this year a week after my booster. Was like having a cold but had zero energy. My parents, who are in their late 70s just caught it and have been sick for over a week. Try and get some antiviral medicine like Paxlovin to get rid of the symptoms. Best of luck to you
Oldbear83
A little annoyed at CVS, still no results on my test.
william
quash said:

I couldn't smell the meat.
sounds like a title to courtney love biopic.

- kkm

had some wang in jan thus year. 3 days. atypical.

might have been the omicron. just had one jab in may 2021.

dont know - and waaaaaaaint skeeered.

BID.
Dale?
Oldbear83
Well, the test came back positive.

Gonna scare the crap out of my germaphobe CFO. He was sitting right next to me last Tuesday at our cash flow meeting.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
No Covid. No vaccine. No regrets.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
4th and Inches
Stupid amount of sinus congestion and extreme tiredness for 2-3 days

My other half had fever, fatigue congestion like the flu. Neither one of us ever lost taste or smell.

One of my kids who identifies as he/him has been around a dozen people over the last 2 years with it and has never expressed symptoms or tested positive.. quite remarkable
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Oldbear83
Boy I hear you about the sinus. My Sinus got swollen and I have not been able to keep my nose dry since Wednesday. That of course led to coughing as my sinuses drained down the back of my throat when I try to sleep.

All kinds of fun.
william
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

No Covid. No vaccine. No regrets.
no regrets.

no remorse.

sounds like a Haitian Divorce.

- KKM

{ eating organic eggs }

Dale?
Oldbear83
"eating organic eggs "

Yeah, those plastic eggs they use for Easter and the Faberge eggs, they are just not easy at all to digest
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Had it two summers ago in Veracruz. Thought I was dying. Slept 20 hours a day. Lost 30 lbs (I needed to lose 10). Gradually recovered. Walked in malls and rested often. Got my strength back. Got vaccine in Alaska that spring. No trouble since. I might have had it again or a variation but it was nothing but a lost weekend. Nothing like the fiirst time. Never recovered sense of smell.
Oldbear83
Morning all.

Still crazy congested, coughed all night.

New symptom though. Maybe from all the coughing, but I had some chest pain last night.

Do. Not. Like.

Seeing my doctor Tuesday.
william
Oldbear83 said:

Morning all.

New symptom though. Maybe from all the coughing, but I had some chest pain last night.

Do. Not. Like.

green tea and lots of it.

and oranges. 4 a day.

and maybe a 'pirin tablet or two. BID/DVEC.

also get some sun.

- KKM

BID.
Dale?
Beverly Hills Bear
This stuff is no bueno and nothing to be triffled with. What is scary is the dang thing keeps mutating and coming back in different variants. Hope you start to feel better soon
TenBears
Caught a typical Omicron case. No fever but bodyaches, headache, sweats, respiratory. Its gone except for a never ending heinous dry cough. I think it screwed up my lungs or aggravated some preexisting asthma. Paxlovid helped. They also put me on steroids but it was overkill and jacked with my sleep so much I stopped it. Pretty damn glad I was vaxxed and didnt get a "bad" case.
william
Oldbear83 said:

Morning all.

Do. Not. Like.

for those older and / or w/ underlying conditions they say having an oximenter might be a good idea......

consult your medico.

- KKM

{ sipping coffee }

{ eating large sweet roll }
Dale?
Pecos 45
Well, my brother died of COVID at the start of the pandemic, more than two years ago.
April 11, 2020.
At that time there was no vaccine and they weren't really sure what to do.

So when people say "It's no worse than the flu," I say, "You were lucky."

He had no underlying conditions.
Not obese, not a smoker.

A proud and loyal Baylor grad, he was the only person I know who was in the stadium for both the Baylor-UT Miracle on the Brazos game of 1974, AND the TCU 24-point comeback in 2014.

He was my only sibling, and I still miss the guy.

“If you have a job without aggravations, you don’t have a job.”
Malcolm Forbes
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I was there selling popcorn in the first and with took my dad to the second. Dads gone too. Games with my dad seemed like everyday common events then but now they are some of my best memories.
Bexar Pitts
Pecos, what a moving and beautiful compilation. I think you were both blessed to have each other, and I thank you very much for sharing it with us. I won't forget watching it, and feeling all the love that was included in making it. All the Best to you amigo.
Oldbear83
Second COVID test came back: Still positive. Wife mad.
Pecos 45
Bexar Pitts said:

Pecos, what a moving and beautiful compilation. I think you were both blessed to have each other, and I thank you very much for sharing it with us. I won't forget watching it, and feeling all the love that was included in making it. All the Best to you amigo.
I liked to say that we were like Frank and Jesse James, without the criminal element.
“If you have a job without aggravations, you don’t have a job.”
Malcolm Forbes
william
Dale?
bularry
If I've had it, I didn't have symptoms. Wife was sicker than crap for about a week with Omicron. We were both vaccinated with Moderna.
4th and Inches
Oldbear83 said:

the person who i live with that identifies as my spouse took the full 10 days or whatever CDC said originally to come back negative.

Get some sun while social distancing, clean everything, and get back to it as your strength allows.

Praying for ya!
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Oldbear83
4th and Inches said:

Oldbear83 said:

the person who i live with that identifies as my spouse took the full 10 days or whatever CDC said originally to come back negative.

Get some sun while social distancing, clean everything, and get back to it as your strength allows.

Praying for ya!
Thanks, 4th!

My team may fairly be described as banshees at times. My controller told me if I have no fever or chills I can come back to the office if I want. HR concurs.

So tomorrow I am masking up and spraying down the workspace.

I may leave my last 'positive' test printout sitting on my desk to ward off my CFO, who is uncomfortably similar to the VP Lumbergh in 'Office Space', and who is also very much a germaphobe.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.