The Gray Man - Netflix movie

1,361 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by avensis
Berg09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone see this yet? It came out on Netflix yesterday. I had high hopes coming from the Russo brothers who directed the recent avenger movies as well as the last two captain America movies.

This movie just seemed to be an action movie cliche. Nothing really new or exciting. The bad guys were over the top and not really believable. With captain America winter soldier was a great political thriller and had hopes this would be too and just wasn't. Sigh.

Also, they use drone footage for some of the shots but it became really distracting when it did the quick turns and flipping upside down real quick. It looked more like a YouTube video then a 200 million dollar movie.

So disappointing.
HenryTheOctopus
Watched it with my wife and teenage son. We all liked it, but we came into it with no expectations--just looking for something to entertain us, and it did.
Keyser Soze
Above average Netflix movie - well worth it for zero marginal cost with your Netflix subscription

Said to be N's most costly movie at over $200 Mil - in that regards it is a little disappointing, very slick with that budget - with Ryan Gosling and Chris Evans it suffers from high expectations

That said - worth a watch

FYI- first of a series of books, there should be more

PS - Chris Evans looks goofy with a stash
Coke Bear
I enjoyed it a good deal. It was mindless fluff. Flawed, but entertaining.

Agree with the others that stated I went into it with no expectations.

I think I liked 6 Underground better.
cowboycwr
I liked it. A good mindless action movie. Sort of reminded me a Jason Bourne type movie but did seem a little disappointing in some areas. I still don't know why the bad guy wanted to get rid of all agents from the previous program or why Chris Evan's Character was so over the top. How could a guy that clearly crazy with no regard for any law and willing to just shoot up any one who gets in the way?

6 underground was really good and I wouldn't mind seeing a series or sequel with that. I thought the idea behind the story line was really well done there.
avensis
"The Gray Man" is an action movie that I really enjoyed. The story is mundane, the cast is interesting and the action scenes are cool.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.