Has Outkick jumped the shark?

1,279 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by ScottS
Dia del DougO
How long do you want to ignore this user?

I've been following the Clay Travis site Outkick on facebook for a good while. It was once a refreshing change for an online national sports opinion venue. It seems it has sunken to the scum levels of everything else with 95 percent bottom feeder clickbait and T&A.

I have nothing against T&A, but that's not what I signed up for in a sports feed. I can get that crap anywhere. I will peruse T&A on my own time in my own way.

The recent dumb hot takes, especially buy some jerk contributor Hookstead, have dominated the feed lately. I'm about ready to dump the whole thing. There's already enough worthless crap on facebook.

Outkick used to be unique and somewhat useful. It's a shame it seems to be dying.

I don't see a lot of other alternatives out there, other than 365, of course.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
william
Travis is probably best suited for his Outkick role........

But - money talks. I am sure it was an offer too good to pass up.

I think LT he returns to Outkick.

- KKM

>>Carve away the stone (Sisyhpus)
Carve away the stone
Make a graven image
With some features of your own<<
Jack Bauer
Outkick was a breath of fresh air during the pandemic to counter some really left leaning "sports" writers.

Example: Christine Brennan (USA Today) called the football season in 2020 going on during Covid -"the darkest day in Big10 history" (worse than Jerry Sandusky or Larry Nassar) and Outkick took her to task deservedly.

But Clay sold Outkick to FOX to make $$$$. He used to complain about politics interfering with sports but now Outkick just seems WAY more political and less about sports.

Even if I agree with Ron Desantis, I don't want to see him on a sports site almost every day.
Dia del DougO
Jack Bauer said:

Outkick was a breath of fresh air during the pandemic to counter some really left leaning "sports" writers.

Example: Christine Brennan (USA Today) called the football season in 2020 going on during Covid -"the darkest day in Big10 history" (worse than Jerry Sandusky or Larry Nassar) and Outkick took her to task deservedly.

But Clay sold Outkick to FOX to make $$$$. He used to complain about politics interfering with sports but now Outkick just seems WAY more political and less about sports.

Even if I agree with Ron Desantis, I don't want to see him on a sports site almost every day.
Yep. But it's less about politics now, except when Clay posts himself. It has gotten to where 99 percent of the stuff they push on facebook is fake-boobed models, idiotic gossip, and stupid hot takes. Every day there are three or four pieces about one bad play some player made in practice that's going to end his career, just moronic clickbait.

I haven't dumped it yet, but I'm getting closer every day. I keep hoping when some real sports happens it will be a bit better. But so far it looks like a total sellout job.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
ScottS
Fonzie jumped the shark
OsoCoreyell
ScottS said:

Fonzie jumped the shark
First off, Fonzie LANDED that jump. No way Potsie or Malph lands it. Once he landed it, he should've just ridden off into a sunset a la Grease with a hot chick under his arm and waving. But would Gary Marshall let that happen? No, he would not. Right up there with letting the Germans take the Sudetenland.
Iron Claw
OsoCoreyell said:

ScottS said:

Fonzie jumped the shark
First off, Fonzie LANDED that jump. No way Potsie or Malph lands it. Once he landed it, he should've just ridden off into a sunset a la Grease with a hot chick under his arm and waving. But would Gary Marshall let that happen? No, he would not. Right up there with letting the Germans take the Sudetenland.

Was that when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
Jack Bauer
ScottS
Jack Bauer said:

Now that jumping the shark is labeled a bad thing, was there really an upside in this for Fonzie?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.