The most effective medication for weight loss and blood glucose control

1,306 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Ghostrider
One-Eyed Wheeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://blogs.biomedcentral.com/on-medicine/2023/01/11/the-most-effective-medication-for-weight-loss-and-blood-glucose-stabilization-tirzepatide/
BrutalBear
I can tell you that I was 372 lbs at my heaviest back in September. I am now at 295. Out of the total loss, according to body scans I only lost 2 lbs of muscle mass.

Thanks Tirzepatide.

Insurance won't cover it anymore unless you're diabetic or grandfathered in with a previous prescription. Glad I got the prescription when I did. However, that doesn't seem to help as there now seems to be a shortage of the stuff. It took me 3 weeks to get my last refill.

For those curious, I did a round of the 2.5mg, 2 rounds of the 5mg, and I am on my second round of the 10mg. 12.5 and 15mg are also available. After I finish this 10mg round, the doc is going to place me on a maintenance dose.
BCL79
Thanks for this information and congrats on the weight loss. I know it is hard to lose weight. Not to mention the life saving possibilities.
BrutalBear
BCL79 said:

Thanks for this information and congrats on the weight loss. I know it is hard to lose weight. Not to mention the life saving possibilities.
Thanks.
$25/month is worth it barring any long term side effects.
WacoKelly83
Good info. From a diabetic this could be a game changer.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I was on merformin for years. Two years ago i got off and went to 90% vegetarian and brown beans . No rice. Very little bread or crackers. Lots of quinoa with veggies. Eggs. I also walk a few miles every day.

I lost around 50 lbs and 4 inches on my waist. I sleep better and feel better. My blood sugar is down ut i am still working to lower it.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
saabing bear
Eight years ago I dropped 70 pounds in 6 months taking AndroGel. It was prescribed after I had testicle pain (no women read this board, right?) and I had no idea it had an effect on weight. So far I've only gained back 40.
Ghostrider
Game changer. Wonder since insurance won't cover you if not diabetic if Mark Cuban's new prescription business would have it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.