15 years Caseman

1,799 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by william
SisCaseman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hey Bears,
We are coming up on 15 years since Cory Case, Caseman and brother, passed. 2/21 will be the man, myth and legends sad day. Can I hear some great and funny stories from all the bear fans?

I will start…and I have a million!

Our middle brother, Aaron, and I both went to Texas Tech. (Cory, Aaron, Ashley in birth order). Cory loved Aaron and I even though we were Red Raiders. Cory came to visit us as often as possible. One late October weekend, he came up while Aaron and I lived together. As siblings do and Cory and I did so often, we got in a silly sibling fight. I don't even remember what it was over. He threw his make-up bag (I'm a girl. I don't know what guys call it and my husband says random things) at me. I threw all our Halloween candy bucket at him. We were so mad at each other and Aaron didn't really care. We were both on the phone to our parents. I cried to my dad while he told my mom how stupid I was being. Within an hr or so, we were at the bar singing "Don't go breaking my heart" by Elton john and Kiki dee. We were making fun of Aaron and his girlfriend. I think we even did some hip bumps and ridiculous dance moves. That stupid night of karaoke with my brothers (mostly Cory and I making fun of Aaron) will always be one of my favorite nights.

Cory, Caseman, had an amazing way to "laugh" at you and then bring you around to be his best friend and lovingly "laugh" in good fun at others. I don't think I ever met a person that didn't at least enjoy his chit chat or company. No one could deny his happy, fun loving heart!

Cheers to Caseman! The Man, The Myth and The Legend!
saabing bear
Met him and a lot of other Bear Fans years ago at Georges the day the Floyd was open to meeting players and coaches. I never made it. Not used to having 2 Big O's in one sitting. Cory and his lady friend hung around while my head cleared up enough to drive home.
SisCaseman
We went to George's after a game once with a bunch of Bears. He had the whole table laughing about nonsense and of course got me at barely 21three sheets to the wind so he could drive home..
Thanks for the story!
PartyBear
He was a great poster. I enjoyed his posts in the BFans R&P board back when it was far more of a discussion board before it went what I would now call crazy lite compared to the one here. I recall he had a friend on BFAns who was also a really good poster I cannot recall his name there though something with "Russ" or something in the name, a lawyer in Austin perhaps if that rings a bell. He seemed to leave about the same time period.
fubar
Lovingly "laugh" is perfect for the caseman I only knew through the internet. What a fun, interesting man. He started a thread laughing at Spurs fans following a playoff loss to the Mavs that was ... priceless. kytxkidpreacher was probably the funniest parody account in bfans.com history. To this day I think of him any time a Pirates story/score comes up.

And we never actually met.

Thanks for the heads up on a sad anniversary. I'll be thinking of you guys who really knew Cory, trusting you know how loved he was.

Even by some who never met him.
Ghostrider
Wow, I cannot believe it has been 15 yrs. What a good guy and he definitely knew his music. What was his girlfriend's name? Krista? Does she still post?

SisCaseman
Best post ever the spurs fans on bufans! I remember him finding pics on the internet of bu fans and reading it to me to me and laughing at it with him!
Thank you!
SisCaseman
Ghostrider said:

Wow, I cannot believe it has been 15 yrs. What a good guy and he definitely knew his music. What was his girlfriend's name? Krista? Does she still post?

Krista is happy and married to an amazing man now. She was a bridesmaid in my wedding. She is an amazing woman that I consider a sister.
Krista
He thought you were pretty great yourself
Ghostrider
SisCaseman said:

Ghostrider said:

Krista is happy and married to an amazing man now. She was a bridesmaid in my wedding. She is an amazing woman that I consider a sister.
i recall her messaging me when he died and I called her. First time i ever spoke to her. I had chatted so much with them on Bfans he was just like other friend off this platform. Wish i met Cory.
Krista
He felt the same about you!
Krista
Ghostrider said:

I'm not much of a poster but I'm around every now and again! We moved out to the country almost 2 years ago, we have 3 rescue dogs and 6 rescue chickens, life is good! Hope you're well, too

Pecos 45
Dang!
Has it been 15 years?
I remember his posts on the old BaylorFans.com.
Funny guy, and a good person.

I feel old.
“If you have a job without aggravations, you don’t have a job.”
Malcolm Forbes
Ghostrider
Krista said:

Ghostrider said:

I'm not much of a poster but I'm around every now and again! We moved out to the country almost 2 years ago, we have 3 rescue dogs and 6 rescue chickens, life is good! Hope you're well, too

The country is nice! I got 3 rescue dogs as well and my girls wants chickens. I am holding off on that for now...haha. Glad to hear you are doing well.
SisCaseman
Y'all that knew him and remember his posts, he was a genius before his time with the spurs post! He would have been a YouTube/tik tok star by developing some elaborate character. Just think of him actually being each spur fan in a TikTok!
OsoCoreyell
Salute, Cory.
william
case was a good man and a great baylor bear.

he is definitely missed.

- kkm

{ sipping coffee }

{ eating donut }
Dale?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.