Airbus Kicking Boeing Ass

936 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by william
Aliceinbubbleland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
By Theo Leggett in Paris & Nikhil Inamdar in Mumbai
BBC News

Indian carrier IndiGo has made a record order for 500 Airbus A320 aircraft - the largest single purchase agreement by any airline in commercial aviation history.

The deal, announced on the first day of the Paris Airshow, is worth roughly $55bn (43bn) before any bulk-order discounts.

IndiGo now has an order book of 1,330 aircraft with Airbus.

It is expected to mean a stream of deliveries between 2030 and 2035.

The new deliveries will help budget carrier IndiGo lower its operating costs and improve fuel efficiency, the company says.

India is a burgeoning aviation market, with some analysts saying it is on track to replace China as the aerospace industry's next growth frontier.

The country is expected to be the fastest-growing G20 economy over the next few years and has seen a significant increase in the number of first-time flyers since the pandemic.
BaylorGuy314
737 Maxx hurt Boeing a lot. They'll be fine and Airbus will stub their toe at some point.
Aliceinbubbleland
I've lost money in Boeing. Always seem to pick the wrong time and missed the run up in share price this year.

At some point the Chinese may have their own aircraft company profitable. 15 years?

whitetrash
India bought A320s because they have more handles on the outside for passengers to hold onto.

Fre3dombear
whitetrash said:

India bought A320s because they have more handles on the outside for passengers to hold onto.

Biden should have used Airbus when he tuck tail and left billions in USA military supplies for Afghanistan
Harrison Bergeron
Fre3dombear said:

whitetrash said:

Biden should have used Airbus when he tuck tail and left billions in USA military supplies for Afghanistan
"You know, I was a young pilot with Airbus. My dead and I were leaving our Puertor Rican church, which I saw Corn Pop and another an making out in the Narthex. My dead, who came over on the Mayflower and whose brother defeateed Lee at Appomatox, said "Joey, look at Corn Pop and Jonas Salk. Trans rights are human rights."
william
people dont realize - b/c of the extreme specs - rpm and special alloy required to super hone a fine edge to thin slice the beef roll - that Boeing makes the blade for Hobart's Arby's Slicer.

- kkm

BID.
POE.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.