Odd Pains

1,308 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Coke Bear
Oldbear83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just wondered how many people have experienced something like the following:

Yesterday I am at work and I feel sharp poke in my right back, about lung high and midway between the middle and right side of my back. Felt like a stick was poked into my back. Not a sharp pain, and gone after a couple seconds, but sudden.

Then the pain went away, but a couple minutes later it came back again. Same place, same duration. Again it left but came back a few minutes later.

It kept doing that all day yesterday and into going to bed. It went away while I was asleep but it's back again, albeit milder than yesterday.

There are no scrapes or cuts in the area, the muscle is not bruised or sensitive, and there is no indication of an organ pain beneath the layers of skin. Heart, lungs, etc. are all fine.

Very odd, and I cannot recall exactly when, but I have had something like that before, although I think at the time I just assumed it was some kind of strain from exertion or exercise.

Anyone else have something like that happen to them?

Thanks in advance.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
You must be just like me and only want to go to the doctor when you feel like you're on your deathbed.

The pain was bothersome enough that you posted about it. Get your ass in to see your doctor. Better safe than sorry.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Bexar Pitts
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

You must be just like me and only want to go to the doctor when you feel like you're on your deathbed.

The pain was bothersome enough that you posted about it. Get your ass in to see your doctor. Better safe than sorry.
Sage advice from RD2..
4th and Inches
Hard to understand where exactly that is but if could be a rib shifted out of alignment, could be a kidney talking to ya, could be referring pain from a thoracic spinal alignment irritation.

Nerves do two things, they carry signals to and from. If you have a problem between point A and point B, you may see it present symptoms at a different point than the cause.. it is common for a person to have forearm or shoulder pain yet no neck pain but have neck spinal root impingement.

Inflammation, nuero chemical imbalance, electrolyte imbalance, and other things can play a role just like something simple like physical over exertion can strain a muscle.

If this persists, see a health professional- your primary to start
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
fubar
It could be that your wife is messing with a voodoo doll.

Consult your witch doctor. Trust me on this one. I was almost too late.
Oldbear83
Btw, my wife is a nurse. She's not overly concerned, and she's not doing any needlework with dolls.

Pain went away, was there a couple days but that's it. Now I just have to get past this head cold I have.

I have an old cancer, btw, but those little guys have behaved themselves for a long time, have to check with MDA again and make sure that's still true. Radium shakes, yuummmmmm ...
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
LIB,MR BEARS
Oldbear83 said:

Btw, my wife is a nurse. She's not overly concerned, and she's not doing any needlework with dolls.

Pain went away, was there a couple days but that's it. Now I just have to get past this head cold I have.

I have an old cancer, btw, but those little guys have behaved themselves for a long time, have to check with MDA again and make sure that's still true. Radium shakes, yuummmmmm ...
Wife is not concerned but reread insurance policy and called travel agent, hmmmmm
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Oldbear83 said:

Wife is not concerned but reread insurance policy and called travel agent, hmmmmm
Don't ever get enough life insurance to where you are worth more dead than alive. If you do, learn to sleep with one eye open. AckAckAckAckAck!!!!!!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
HunterBear
fubar said:

It could be that your wife is messing with a voodoo doll.

Consult your witch doctor. Trust me on this one. I was almost too late.
Username checks out.
Coke Bear
Gall Bladder?

My wife experienced more issues in her chest than back when hers flared up recently, but the doc told us that one can often experience pain near that area.

I pray that you are able to quickly diagnose and get proper treatment.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.