GoLo

2,017 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by Oldbear83
Oldbear83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone else tried this diet supplement? I started October 22 and so far have lost 24 pounds.

The diet advice is sound but there really does seem to be something to the insulin resistance theory.

Thoughts?
Oldbear83
Down 27 pounds now.
HenryTheOctopus
Congrats, that's great! Other than taking the pill, have you made any changes to your diet or lifestyle?
4th and Inches
Got family taking it.. they are very happy with it. Gave me some at Thanksgiving.

Going to try it
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Oldbear83
HenryTheOctopus said:

Congrats, that's great! Other than taking the pill, have you made any changes to your diet or lifestyle?
Don't want to to sound like a commercial, but GoLo works like most rational diets:

1. First, I talked with my doctor and he reviewed the ingredients of GoLo and told me it was safe in his opinion to try the product;

2. I changed my diet to increase vegetables and protein, and reduce carbohydrates. Focus on cutting out processed sugar.

3. Don't be too rigid. For example, I was able to enjoy mashed potatoes and pie with my Thanksgiving dinner, and of course there were leftovers. It's just that I limited desserts to one meal a day and no second helpings.

4. I also increased my exercise. Because my weight was a problem I did not do strenuous exercise (at least not yet) but have been in the habit of taking a daily walk through my neighborhood, I think the distance is about 3/4 of a mile. So I just doubled the practice, taking two walks a day and increasing my distance from 0.75 miles a day to 1.5 miles a day.

A lot of people say do not weigh yourself every day, but I found it useful. Replaced my old-school scale with a digital scale and have been noting my weight every morning at the same time. While there have been days where the weight stayed the same or increased by a little, overall I have seen gradual but steady weight loss.

I can't say it's for everyone, but so far I am seeing solid and satisfying results. Of course I have a long way to go, but it's nice to see something work as promised.
One-Eyed Wheeler
I'd go on Mounjaro
Oldbear83
One-Eyed Wheeler said:

I'd go on Mounjaro
It takes a prescription, and is not generally covered by insurance.

But if you do, please let us know how it works.
One-Eyed Wheeler
Oldbear83 said:

One-Eyed Wheeler said:

I'd go on Mounjaro

I just started it a month ago and it works! Lost 15 pounds and my blood sugar is now normal.
Oldbear83
One-Eyed Wheeler said:

Oldbear83 said:

One-Eyed Wheeler said:

I'd go on Mounjaro

I just started it a month ago and it works! Lost 15 pounds and my blood sugar is now normal.
Glad to hear it.

Love there are options to lose weight and be healthier. Remember fen-fen?
Ghostrider
What is the downside of GOLO?

The Bottom Line

However, the diet requires that you significantly restrict calories while taking a dietary supplement called Release with each meal, a supplement that hasn't been thoroughly researched or shown to be safe. These factors make the Golo diet unhealthy and unsustainable in the long term.Apr 17, 2023

What Is the Golo Diet & Is it Safe? - EatingWell
[url=https://www.eatingwell.com/article/8036870/what-is-the-golo-diet-is-it-safe/#:~:text=The%20Bottom%20Line&text=However%2C%20the%20diet%20requires%20that,unsustainable%20in%20the%20long%20term.][/url]
Oldbear83
Ghostrider said:

What is the downside of GOLO?

The Bottom Line

However, the diet requires that you significantly restrict calories while taking a dietary supplement called Release with each meal, a supplement that hasn't been thoroughly researched or shown to be safe. These factors make the Golo diet unhealthy and unsustainable in the long term.Apr 17, 2023

What Is the Golo Diet & Is it Safe? - EatingWell
[url=https://www.eatingwell.com/article/8036870/what-is-the-golo-diet-is-it-safe/#:~:text=The%20Bottom%20Line&text=However%2C%20the%20diet%20requires%20that,unsustainable%20in%20the%20long%20term.][/url]
Seems biased. I can go with 'unproven claim', but it's not fair to call it "unhealthy and unsustainable", especially since Release is not meant to be used alone, but in combination with healthy diet, exercise, and consulting your doctor.

GoLo has been around since 2009, with no major complaints except that - like every diet plan - it does not work for everyone. Speaking for myself, I have steadily lost weight but not at a dangerous pace, my vitals are all good especially pulse and BP, and I have been sleeping better and am able to exercise more than I could before.

What I find especially funny, is that EatingWell.com recommends "filling your plate with nutritious whole foods like whole grains, fruits and vegetables, lean proteins, healthy fats and legumesall of which deliver important nutrients, like fiberwhile keeping things like added sugars, sodium and saturated fats to a minimum"

https://www.eatingwell.com/article/7882092/clean-eating-meal-plan-for-beginners/#:~:text=To%20us%2C%20%22clean%20eating%22,nutrients%20that%20can%20harm%20our

which is very similar to the recommendations from GoLo in eliminating fats and sugars and reducing processed foods.

https://www.golo.com/blogs/golo/22-simple-and-effective-kitchen-organization-ideas?_pos=1&_sid=993300aba&_ss=r

GoLo also offers recipes

https://www.golo.com/blogs/recipes

and blogs to offer support and encouragement.

https://www.golo.com/blogs/golo

Harrison Bergeron
Increase exercise.
Reduce caloric intake.
Eat healthier foods.
Take supplement.

It might work, could be a placebo. But the placebo effect is real and potentially worth it.
Oldbear83
Harrison Bergeron said:

Increase exercise.
Reduce caloric intake.
Eat healthier foods.
Take supplement.

It might work, could be a placebo. But the placebo effect is real and potentially worth it.
So far I am down 36 pounds since Oct 22.

As long as it works and is safe, I will continue with GoLo.
One-Eyed Wheeler
Oldbear83 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Increase exercise.
Reduce caloric intake.
Eat healthier foods.
Take supplement.

Great job! I am down about 22 now.
Harrison Bergeron
Oldbear83 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Increase exercise.
Reduce caloric intake.
Eat healthier foods.
Take supplement.

Congrats - no shade. Whether it physiologically works or not it is getting the job done.
Ghostrider
So how is GOLO working? Any side effects? Constipation, diarrhea, fast heart rate, etc?
Oldbear83
Ghostrider said:

So how is GOLO working? Any side effects? Constipation, diarrhea, fast heart rate, etc?
So far so good. My BP has dropped but is steady since starting Golo, hit a few plateaus in weight loss but still down 65 pounds since October. No heart rate or respiration problems, part of what I like is that the pill basically is appetite suppressant and works on insulin resistance. No weird pains or weaknesses, all in all I have more energy and feel better rested in the mornings.

Tweaked my diet a bit to cut down on carbs and eat more proteins and greens, but it's pretty basic and I can have cheat days when I really want pizza or a cinnamon bun. Just a matter of watching sugars, fats and carbs in balance.

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.