Ancestry.com test

23,747 Views | 185 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Malbec
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NoBSU said:

Is it possible that my family legend of a ggggrandfather who was half Cherokee and moved from NE Alabama to Arkansas in the 1830s was really a half Senegalese?
Or Mom's fibbing about Dad!
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
NoBSU
Assassin said:

NoBSU said:

Is it possible that my family legend of a ggggrandfather who was half Cherokee and moved from NE Alabama to Arkansas in the 1830s was really a half Senegalese?
Or Mom's fibbing about Dad!
lol. Nope. That math doesn't work. Ggggrandfather at 50% Senegalese math works. I doubt that Cherokee comes up as Senegal. I forget the term they used. Low something. It did not print on my printable profile.
NoBSU
Ah ha. No I don't have the wrong thread. Still have my 14 day free trial from Ancestry. So I can follow the "leaves" on my family tree and complete that pay for a month of I need it. But ... ancestry has all of these DNA cousin matches and they have a DNA circle (group) that requires another membership. So, ah ha.
BU84BEAR

NoBSU said:

Ah ha. No I don't have the wrong thread. Still have my 14 day free trial from Ancestry. So I can follow the "leaves" on my family tree and complete that pay for a month of I need it. But ... ancestry has all of these DNA cousin matches and they have a DNA circle (group) that requires another membership. So, ah ha.
It may be time to trade in your Indian headdress for a West African Gele or Kufi.
4th and Inches
Wife got me a 23 and me test for valentines- waiting on results
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
NoBSU
BU84BEAR said:

NoBSU said:

It may be time to trade in your Indian headdress for a West African Gele or Kufi.
I have already spotted one online. I am hoping it is in by the Big 12 tournament.

NoBSU
I talked with my 1st cousin who has much of our research. She has one pending with ancestry. It will be interesting to compared her results.
william
The dental formula for peccaries is: 2.1.3.3::3.1.3.3
80sBEAR
I wonder how many divorces and breakups Ancestry.com has been responsible for.

Ruh Rohhh!!!!! I am NOT the father!
"This is not an institution of football."
-- Dr. David Garland
BU84BEAR
NoBSU said:

BU84BEAR said:

NoBSU said:

I have already spotted one online. I am hoping it is in by the Big 12 tournament.

You say you have 15% British ancestry as well? Well I have to admit, the guy you posted does have some similarities to this early British man (who I strongly suspect I share a common ancestor with)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5453665/Was-Cheddar-man-white-all.html
Oldbear83
I don't trust some of those companies. According to one of them, I'm related to

and

NoBSU
Oldbear83 said:

and

So basically your ancestors would sleep with anything.
NoBSU
BU84BEAR said:

NoBSU said:

BU84BEAR said:

NoBSU said:

You say you have 15% British ancestry as well? Well I have to admit, the guy you posted does have some similarities to this early British man (who I strongly suspect I share a common ancestor with)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5453665/Was-Cheddar-man-white-all.html
I see the resemblance.

Low Confidence is the term that they use for my Senegal and Finland/Russian. I think my Scandinavian comes from England and Vikings as you mentioned.

My cousin did mention that we were related to the Major General that put that kibosh on Roswell, NM.
Oldbear83
NoBSU said:

Oldbear83 said:

and

They were more like the Hulk, exotic blood chemistry which showed up strange when we got angry.

On a serious note, a really heavy percentage of my ancestors died fighting in wars or in barfights.
Assassin
Oldbear83 said:

NoBSU said:

Oldbear83 said:

and

They were more like the Hulk, exotic blood chemistry which showed up strange when we got angry.

On a serious note, a really heavy percentage of my ancestors died fighting in wars or in barfights.
I know for a fact that all of my ancient ancestors died.
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
NoBSU
Assassin said:

Oldbear83 said:

NoBSU said:

Oldbear83 said:

and

I know for a fact that all of my ancient ancestors died.
Or so you think. I had a mean grandma on one side of the family and a mean aunt on the other. I couldn't just hear that either had died. I had to go to the funeral home and see it. They were tough broads that I expected to pop out of the casket at any part of the service.
NoBSU
This helps explain the ancestry DNA ranges and sampling.

https://support.ancestry.com/s/article/Low-Confidence-Regions
NoBSU
tommie said:

You're gonna find out we're cousins on your dad side.
BTW, I do have ancestors from Senegal. How about you?
NoBSU
Substituting your brother won't help you golem.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/nation-now/2018/04/27/ancestry-genealogy-dna-test-privacy-golden-state-killer/557263002/
4th and Inches
We did the 23 and me test since it does medical genetics as well... pretty interesting
Mitch Blood Green
Anyone noticed how they used the dna from one of these sights to catch the California rapist/killer dude?
NoBSU
tommie said:

Anyone noticed how they used the dna from one of these sights to catch the California rapist/killer dude?
Link is two posts up from you. My warning to Golem who was going to have his brother test.
RegentCoverup
I got mine back a few weeks ago.

Shocker, Scandinavian, German, Iberian peninsula.

As if the blonde, hair, blue eyes and neanderthal features weren't the first clue.
This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
NoBSU
Ancestry revised me. They have more samples to better define my DNA.

57% England and Wales
35% Ireland and Scotland
5% Sweden
2% Norway
1% Cameroon, Congo, and Southern Bantu.

Happy to lose my Russian. I think Ancestry's sampling is still off as I have a French surname in my ancestry. I thought the previous zone with Normandy area, Belgium, and England was accurate.

I feel I lost a bond with some Baylor ballers moving several nations away from Senegal. But, I like the Cameroon hats better.

The weirdest part is that it looks like I am a distant cousin of Joe Biden.

Malbec
NoBSU said:

57% England and Wales
35% Ireland and Scotland
5% Sweden
2% Norway

Happy to lose my Russian. I think Ancestry's sampling is still off as I have a French surname in my ancestry. I thought the previous zone with Normandy area, Belgium, and England was accurate.

I feel I lost a bond with some Baylor ballers moving several nations away from Senegal. But, I like the Cameroon hats better.

Can you please talk to your cousin about climbing on the Statue of Liberty?
NoBSU
Malbec said:

NoBSU said:

57% England and Wales
35% Ireland and Scotland
5% Sweden
2% Norway

I would have to confirm her tribe. We may be mortal enemies.
Malbec
NoBSU said:

Malbec said:

NoBSU said:

57% England and Wales
35% Ireland and Scotland
5% Sweden
2% Norway

I would have to confirm her tribe. We may be mortal enemies.
Congolese Cannibal #1: "You know, I really like Mibamba.
Congolese Cannibal #2: "Why is that?"
Congolese Cannibal #1: "He's got a little Bantu in him."
Oldbear83
Robert Wilson said:

Am I the only one who thinks this may be about as effective as snake oil?
Depends. What kind of snake?
Wichitabear
Lololol just saw this reading back through the thread
Mitch Blood Green
NoBSU said:

tommie said:

I've not done it. I could. Get your handshake ready. (Do people do fancy handshakes anymore?)
NoBSU
tommie said:

NoBSU said:

tommie said:

I've not done it. I could. Get your handshake ready. (Do people do fancy handshakes anymore?)
I am Cameroon/Congo now. I would google Cameroon handshake but I fear that I might get a hit on the Urban Dictionary.
Mitch Blood Green
NoBSU said:

tommie said:

NoBSU said:

tommie said:

I am Cameroon/Congo now. I would google Cameroon handshake but I fear that I might get a hit on the Urban Dictionary.

Congo

Crazy

I'm popping pills, smoking weed and drunk as ****! ***** I'm going Congo!

Congo

Another word for "Da Hood"

Yo man we got to watch our backs were in the congo
NoBSU
My latest update in this weird trip:

1. Still Congo/Cameroon
2. Zero relatives arrested because of my DNA test
3. Still adjusting to the discovery that I am related to the former VP Joe Biden
4. My first cousin messaged me that we are related to Elvis and she is sending me the trees
Doc Holliday
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

I got mine back a few weeks ago.

Shocker, Scandinavian, German, Iberian peninsula.

As if the blonde, hair, blue eyes and neanderthal features weren't the first clue.
Same exact here.

87% Northwestern European and English/Wales.

Think Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Germany mixed with UK/Wales.

Basically Vikings.

Blonde hair and blue eyes...but I can also get very tan. My Dad can get super darkish red.
Assassin
NoBSU said:

My latest update in this weird trip:

1. Still Congo/Cameroon
2. Zero relatives arrested because of my DNA test
3. Still adjusting to the discovery that I am related to the former VP Joe Biden
4. My first cousin messaged me that we are related to Elvis and she is sending me the trees
Mine oddity is two fold - one, I'm a little bit Indian. Not the North American kind. And two, I'm a little bit Jewish. As thats not a country, guessing they can trace you back to a tribe!

Sorry, gotta go - and plan my bar mitzvah...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.