Where should I buy my new home in DFW area?

5,848 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Longstreet
Brian Ethridge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
I like it up here.
BearChick
We moved to Prosper a year ago and we love it. Great community feel, great schools, growing area, nice people, great value on houses. We also live in a wonderful neighborhood with great neighbors and amenities. I am so glaf we made the decision to move here.
SMack
So I guess there's no love for Pleasant Grove.
william
I think this is the dude from The Cowboys.....

- BUmma

BID.
Longstreet
I checked out Frisco last weekend. Man house's in the DFW are boring and all look the same. What is with the high arch front door entrance? I was very unimpressed with the whole area.
Keyser Soze
Longstreet said:

I checked out Frisco last weekend. Man house's in the DFW are boring and all look the same. What is with the high arch front door entrance? I was very unimpressed with the whole area.

DFW is huge - there is literally every style of house in the whole country can be found somewhere - broaden your search area

(State of Connecticut is yellow)
3rd String Kicker
If you would actually consider anything inside the yellow line, my top choice is Granbury!
Longstreet
Keyser Soze said:

Longstreet said:

DFW is huge - there is literally every style of house in the whole country can be found somewhere - broaden your search area

I drove through Plano and Prosper. Just saw a ton of cookie cutter boring ass homes.
Doc Holliday
Longstreet said:

Keyser Soze said:

Longstreet said:

I drove through Plano and Prosper. Just saw a ton of cookie cutter boring ass homes.
When you say cookie cutter, what do you mean?

There are $700k homes in Prosper that are completely custom.

Example below:

william
consider bremond (se metro area):

Dale?
fadskier
Doc Holliday said:

Longstreet said:

Keyser Soze said:

Longstreet said:

Example below:

My sister lives in a custom home neighborhood in DFW and what's funny is...the more the HOA specifies what materials can and can't can't be used...the more they start looking the same.
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
Doc Holliday
fadskier said:

Doc Holliday said:

Longstreet said:

Keyser Soze said:

Longstreet said:

Example below:

My sister lives in a custom home neighborhood in DFW and what's funny is...the more the HOA specifies what materials can and can't can't be used...the more they start looking the same.
True!
Doc Holliday
Lakewood is a great area that is very unique.
Keyser Soze
Doc Holliday said:

Lakewood is a great area that is very unique.

Love Lakewood, that is where I grew up.

There are trade offs. 2500 sq ft in Lakewood = 4000 sq ft in Frisco, Lakewood is also about 30 min closer to downtown each way.

lrwells50
Longstreet said:

My daughter is looking for a mid-century modern, and not having much luck. Part of her issue is she wants to be in Preston Hollow.
Malbec
You should buy your new DFW area home in the San Antonio area.
Longstreet
Doc Holliday said:

Longstreet said:

Keyser Soze said:

Longstreet said:

Example below:

That looks like one of the Shaddock homes I visited. Pretty unimpressive. They still use 2x4 outer walls, don't use Prosoco liquid flashing in doors and windows, still use Tyvek for home wrap instead of Prosoco's much better liquid applied wrap (or some equivalent), or T-studs in their homes. Shaddock had no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned T-studs either. Toll Brothers homes were much better constructed but not sure I want to pay that much.

Take a look at the roof lines in that photo you posted in the first picture. It is awful. Drain spouts emptying right at the front door?! What were they thinking? It looks great but a nightmare for leaks and ice. Waaayy too many roof lines.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.