Livingstone will not seek OSU Presidency.

3,733 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by PartyBear
PartyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
As per Trib. The first time I recall we have had a President's name come up for the presidency of another major university. Granted OSU is no UT or U of Michigan but still. It is major P5 school.
RegentCoverup
PartyBear said:

As per Trib. The first time I recall we have had a President's name come up for the presidency of another major university. Granted OSU is no UT or U of Michigan but still. It is major P5 school.

Uhh, no.

I love my Okie Lite friends, but even they will tell you their state seems intent on their destruction.

Dr. L worked her way up the ladder the hard way, but that U gets the shaft from everyone but T.Boone(RIP).

https://www.ocolly.com/news/alumnus-pushes-for-de-naming-of-boren-veterinary-medical-teaching-hospital/article_70518108-01c7-11ea-9406-0fb075570047.html
This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
Timbear
Did she ok the labeling of a place on campus where American flags were displayed as a "Sensitive Area" to appease Anti-America protestors? That's what I heard. Hope not.
BellCountyBear
Wouldn't miss her.
PartyBear
I was a critic of her hiring. I remembered as a Sloanista during her first stint here as a prof. It may have been an erroneous view on my part but it was based on the Sloanistas wanting her to be Sloan's successor 15 years ago. That said she has turned out to be the opposite. She is the best President Baylor has had. Again no other major university, meaning non small Baptist school would have interest in any president of Baylor's in recent past.
jason_cook
Timbear said:

Did she ok the labeling of a place on campus where American flags were displayed as a "Sensitive Area" to appease Anti-America protestors? That's what I heard. Hope not.
No, she did not.
drahthaar
Never offered.
Timbear
Thanks, Jason
RegentCoverup
PartyBear said:

I was a critic of her hiring. I remembered as a Sloanista during her first stint here as a prof. It may have been an erroneous view on my part but it was based on the Sloanistas wanting her to be Sloan's successor 15 years ago. That said she has turned out to be the opposite. She is the best President Baylor has had. Again no other major university, meaning non small Baptist school would have interest in any president of Baylor's in recent past.
True and valid reasons.
Space Cutter
She should rethink her decision. As a 1980 graduate I have written 2 letters to the BU president. She got both. One for allowing gay prayer during graduation & her anti flag stance. She's taking Baylor into the leftist hands. Still waiting for her racism committee to destroy some BU history as well. Baylor needs a person who loves Baylor as our president like an Amber McCall
RegentCoverup
BellCountyBear said:

Wouldn't miss her.
I've never felt like university presidents do all that much.

it's sort of the chief legal respondent in lawsuits. Buried in so many administrative details, the main job is just to smile and shake hands and then give the occasional press release.

The real problem, as Stranger diligently pointed out, was that the first candidate offered said no. that's story #1. The second story is regarding the attempt made by a certain regent to create an administrative position specifically for him, with presumably little oversight. If you want to see in a nutshell the lack of vision that permeates the board, well, there is your answer. The lack of a sense of vision for Baylor U is easily framed in the education experiences of that board. And they are largely content.

The disconnect is that many on the Baylor Board of Regents, simply have very limited knowledge of higher education. There are a few wonderful people that have the ability to make significant donations and I'm happy to see the Board include that, but if you list academic backgrounds, it tells a story.

The real question that alumni should ask is this, "What was the direction given to LL by the Board?" That would tell you everything you need to know.

Fix the board, and you can fix the university.

And hint: Bring Back Chris Howard.
toughbear
Did Liberal Linda hand pick new additions to the board?
gobears20
Staff
Aliceinbubbleland
Just not being an embarrassment to the University alums and dealing with the crying Regents would be appreciated.

I've read or heard so little of her she must be doing as TellMeYouLoveMe says. Chief Legal Respondent.

UH has a way hotter in charge
BUbackerinET
I wouldn't either, not a huge fan.
jason_cook
toughbear said:

No, she did not.
Aliceinbubbleland
toughbear said:

Define "Liberal". Dances? Has a beer? Sits home on Sunday mornings? Masks? Social Distances?
Stranger
Take Baylor's President . . . . Please!!!
Bear8084
One of the better presidents we have had in a long time. Glad she is staying. Sic 'Em Dr. Livingstone!
Aliceinbubbleland
She needs to get Bowlsby's cell phone number and call him up to remind him they owe us millions while the Big 12 still has millions in the bank.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
PartyBear said:

I don't see what being a P5 school would mean considering the academic ranking isn't equal. If an Ivy came calling would be a better barometer of going to a better job.
toughbear
Liberal = Biden/ Harris
jason_cook
Space Cutter said:

She should rethink her decision. As a 1980 graduate I have written 2 letters to the BU president. She got both. One for allowing gay prayer during graduation & her anti flag stance. She's taking Baylor into the leftist hands. Still waiting for her racism committee to destroy some BU history as well. Baylor needs a person who loves Baylor as our president like an Amber McCall
Regarding the graduation prayer ...
Baylor had a longstanding tradition of allowing parents of graduates to voice the prayers at Commencement. This sounded great in theory and practice. It was done on a first-come, first-served basis, and there had never been any issues in decades of Commencement prayers. Unfortunately, there were no checks and balances related to the content of these prayers, and consequently, we had the prayer that was voiced in one of the May 2019 ceremonies. Following the incident, the University instituted a strict protocol in which the Administration solicits those who will voice the prayer, or if someone requests to voice the prayer, a comprehensive background check is preformed. All prayers are now scripted and the speaker and content must be approved in advance by representatives of the President's Council. President Livingstone was not involved in the selection of the prayer.

Regarding the American flags labeled sensitive content on Baylor's campus on 9/11 ...
Given this is a recent incident and media coverage is fresh, I will not go into much detail, other than to say a significant mistake was made by a staff member. An apology was made publicly and to the Young Conservatives of Texas. Student Life has reviewed its procedures regarding event signage to prevent such incidents from happening again in the future. President Livingstone was not involved in the placement of the signage. If you have met her and her husband, you would know that they are extremely patriotic and very involved in veterans affairs.

Regarding the Commission on Historic Campus Representations ...
The Commission was established by the Board of Regents under a unanimous vote. It is not "her racism committee."

And I can vouch that she loves Baylor through and through. She did as a faculty member and does so now as President.
Aliceinbubbleland
Checks and balances for prayer. LMFAO.
PartyBear
jason_cook said:

Space Cutter said:

Regarding the graduation prayer ...
Baylor had a longstanding tradition of allowing parents of graduates to voice the prayers at Commencement. This sounded great in theory and practice. It was done on a first-come, first-served basis, and there had never been any issues in decades of Commencement prayers. Unfortunately, there were no checks and balances related to the content of these prayers, and consequently, we had the prayer that was voiced in one of the May 2019 ceremonies. Following the incident, the University instituted a strict protocol in which the Administration solicits those who will voice the prayer, or if someone requests to voice the prayer, a comprehensive background check is preformed. All prayers are now scripted and the speaker and content must be approved in advance by representatives of the President's Council. President Livingstone was not involved in the selection of the prayer.

Regarding the American flags labeled sensitive content on Baylor's campus on 9/11 ...
Given this is a recent incident and media coverage is fresh, I will not go into much detail, other than to say a significant mistake was made by a staff member. An apology was made publicly and to the Young Conservatives of Texas. Student Life has reviewed its procedures regarding event signage to prevent such incidents from happening again in the future. President Livingstone was not involved in the placement of the signage. If you have met her and her husband, you would know that they are extremely patriotic and very involved in veterans affairs.

Regarding the Commission on Historic Campus Representations ...
The Commission was established by the Board of Regents under a unanimous vote. It is not "her racism committee."

And I can vouch that she loves Baylor through and through. She did as a faculty member and does so now as President.
This sounds ridiculous. Defeats the real meaning of prayer. Just get rid of it if council has to hear the prayer first and approve it to be made. Is the prayer to this Baylor council appointed?? LOL.
RegentCoverup
Aliceinbubbleland said:

She needs to get Bowlsby's cell phone number and call him up to remind him they owe us millions while the Big 12 still has millions in the bank.
that scandal is gonna blow, and blow soon.

Bob got played by the pedophile and the only people keeping him in his seat are the UT alums.

But they're UT alums, it won't be that difficult to convince them.
Stefano DiMera
Her statement in no way says she is not leaving. Surely youve followed sports and specifically coaching searches and see shes left an out in that statement.
toughbear
Surely we can find a Baylor grad who would be a better fit and have better credentials especially in managing a large organization.
Bear8084
toughbear said:

Surely we can find a Baylor grad who would be a better fit and have better credentials especially in managing a large organization.

She has done a pretty good job. Better than all of her recent predecessors.
BaylorRocks
It was a good time to be a female candidate, when she was offered the Baylor presidency.

Sic'em
drahthaar
Bear8084 said:

One of the better presidents we have had in a long time. Glad she is staying. Sic 'Em Dr. Livingstone!

Pretty low threshold for this conclusion.
RegentCoverup
jason_cook said:

Space Cutter said:

Ah, there it is, the "I Love Baylor." The well worn, time-honored phrase that is meant to excuse all manners of ineptitude from David Bliss to a nationally broadcast sexual assault scandal.

I always wondered what this really meant. Does it mean they love their parking space? 401k? Dr. Pepper Hours?
Someone finally explained it to me. When people cloak themselves in that phrase, it's meant to say, "I am loyal to the group." Meaning, they sing the company song. They like the flock. Hold hands, sing Kum-By-Yah, etc. etc. They are happy in the fold. That's it. It doesn't mean anything else. In particularly, it's often used as a cloak to shift focus from real contribution to simply...conformity.

Be very aware when you hear that phrase, "but he/she loves Baylor," That's been said by people from Sloan all the way to Ian. And it's burned Baylor every time.
airforcebear
PartyBear said:

The best president only if you are less than 40 years old! Dr. White, Abner, and the host of presidents who got us through two World Wars, the Civil War, Comanches, the Great Depression, the Texas Baptists ( ) , integration (Abner) , Viet Nam.. So yes, Linda is the best we have had in the last decade. Pass the Geritol, please!
Saddle Up!
airforcebear said:

PartyBear said:

The best president only if you are less than 40 years old! Dr. White, Abner, and the host of presidents who got us through two World Wars, the Civil War, Comanches, the Great Depression, the Texas Baptists ( ) , integration (Abner) , Viet Nam.. So yes, Linda is the best we have had in the last decade. Pass the Geritol, please!
100%
coldhardtruth
This needs to be on the R&P board. This has nothing to do with Baylor Football.
You best remember me my friend
I am the cold hard truth
-George Jones
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.