Livingstone will not seek OSU Presidency.

3,735 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by PartyBear
Aliceinbubbleland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Man where ya from? Football is Religion.
George Truett
BellCountyBear said:

Wouldn't miss her.
We're blessed to have her.

She would be missed terribly!
George Truett
PartyBear said:

jason_cook said:

Space Cutter said:

She should rethink her decision. As a 1980 graduate I have written 2 letters to the BU president. She got both. One for allowing gay prayer during graduation & her anti flag stance. She's taking Baylor into the leftist hands. Still waiting for her racism committee to destroy some BU history as well. Baylor needs a person who loves Baylor as our president like an Amber McCall
Regarding the graduation prayer ...
Baylor had a longstanding tradition of allowing parents of graduates to voice the prayers at Commencement. This sounded great in theory and practice. It was done on a first-come, first-served basis, and there had never been any issues in decades of Commencement prayers. Unfortunately, there were no checks and balances related to the content of these prayers, and consequently, we had the prayer that was voiced in one of the May 2019 ceremonies. Following the incident, the University instituted a strict protocol in which the Administration solicits those who will voice the prayer, or if someone requests to voice the prayer, a comprehensive background check is preformed. All prayers are now scripted and the speaker and content must be approved in advance by representatives of the President's Council. President Livingstone was not involved in the selection of the prayer.

Regarding the American flags labeled sensitive content on Baylor's campus on 9/11 ...
Given this is a recent incident and media coverage is fresh, I will not go into much detail, other than to say a significant mistake was made by a staff member. An apology was made publicly and to the Young Conservatives of Texas. Student Life has reviewed its procedures regarding event signage to prevent such incidents from happening again in the future. President Livingstone was not involved in the placement of the signage. If you have met her and her husband, you would know that they are extremely patriotic and very involved in veterans affairs.

Regarding the Commission on Historic Campus Representations ...
The Commission was established by the Board of Regents under a unanimous vote. It is not "her racism committee."

And I can vouch that she loves Baylor through and through. She did as a faculty member and does so now as President.
This sounds ridiculous. Defeats the real meaning of prayer. Just get rid of it if council has to hear the prayer first and approve it to be made. Is the prayer to this Baylor council appointed?? LOL.
What if the prayer prays, "*********America?"

Would you be okay with that?
Sevenyearsthere
PartyBear said:

I was a critic of her hiring. I remembered as a Sloanista during her first stint here as a prof. It may have been an erroneous view on my part but it was based on the Sloanistas wanting her to be Sloan's successor 15 years ago. That said she has turned out to be the opposite. She is the best President Baylor has had. Again no other major university, meaning non small Baptist school would have interest in any president of Baylor's in recent past.

Carefully worded... Underwood has been president at Mercer since he left. Meanwhile we're on our third since then. 2016 would've turned out differently had we named him perma president.
DaRealBears
Space Cutter said:

She should rethink her decision. As a 1980 graduate I have written 2 letters to the BU president. She got both. One for allowing gay prayer during graduation & her anti flag stance. She's taking Baylor into the leftist hands. Still waiting for her racism committee to destroy some BU history as well. Baylor needs a person who loves Baylor as our president like an Amber McCall

Is a gay prayer any worse than a straight prayer..?
PartyBear
Sevenyearsthere said:

PartyBear said:

I was a critic of her hiring. I remembered as a Sloanista during her first stint here as a prof. It may have been an erroneous view on my part but it was based on the Sloanistas wanting her to be Sloan's successor 15 years ago. That said she has turned out to be the opposite. She is the best President Baylor has had. Again no other major university, meaning non small Baptist school would have interest in any president of Baylor's in recent past.

Carefully worded... Underwood has been president at Mercer since he left. Meanwhile we're on our third since then. 2016 would've turned out differently had we named him perma president.

Agree completely. I meant non interim presidents.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.