Knee replacement

6,298 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Oldbear83
Oldbear83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thee University said:

jumpinjoe said:

For one who has mastered the blood board, and the Oklahoma drill, don't be such a wimp. At least they knock you out when they saw your leg off. I survived, and I'm just a track guy who jumped fences on an oval. I'm 15 years your senior, and I've survived, now riding my bike and walking more than a mile a day, WITH NO PAIN.

It is tougher replacing a knee...the hip is a walk in the park, so my doctor said. Whatever you do, REHAB like you want to get back into the game.

Not sure you ever master Oklahoma drills, The Corky Nelson Gauntlet or eye openers. But I did survive them. Most of my real knee problems came in pickup basketball games, softball games and being north of 250 lbs for the past 25 years.

The past 8-9 years of not being able to ride my mountain bike has been the killer.

I'll rehab like a banshee. I want back on my bike.

There you go. Focus on your goal. My dad spent the last 25 years of his life sitting down, I promised myself that would not be me.

I have walks to take with my daughter and my dog, I have my wife to assure that I will be there to help take care of her when she gets older. I have lawn to work and weight to lose.

Lots of things possible now that were in doubt not very long ago.

But rehab, rehab, rehab.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Oldbear83
Just a question to those who have had TKR:

How long before you can sleep normally again?

It's only been 3 weeks, but I can't sleep for more than 90 minutes at a time.
jumpinjoe
Not really sure because I didn't memorialize the moment, but I guess three months.
Joined BaylorFans in 1999 under username jumpinjoe. Have always been Jumpinjoe. Proud 4 Year Baylor letterman and 1968 graduate and charter member of Quartermiler U, produced school record in 400 IH.
Oldbear83
Thanks jumpinjoe.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.