Post a song you like

319,358 Views | 3648 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by william
RioRata
How long do you want to ignore this user?

slimecap

Stranger
This is a song written by Dylan, made popular by the Byrds on Sweetheart of the Rodeo album.

This great live version is done by Roger McGuinn and Chris Hillman of the Byrds recording with the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band on their Will the Circle Be Unbroken album.

McGuinn and Hillman are currently touring with Marty Stuart doing the fiftieth anniversary of the Sweetest of the Rodeo album. Marty is playing the original Telecaster b-bender that he bought from Clarence White's widow.

I'm a Bearbacker
Fat Daddy
Have always loved this little ditty by The Band...."Up on Cripple Creek"

Ludwig von Missi

This line always makes me laugh:

"Reupublicans, that's what scares people these days...that, and uh, Democrats."
Mitch Blood Green
(Not Just) Knee Deep. Original version was 15 minutes long. For at 13, that seemed way cool.

Fat Daddy

Remembering Rich Mullins ... 10/21/55 - 9/19/17

His songs still speak loud....

His "talk" before the song is so strong ...certainly with the 6 1/2 minutes-

Ludwig von Missi
From Charlie Robison's Facebook page...wow:

Hey amigos, Charlie here. I'm sure you've all been wondering where I've been. Well,at the beginning of this year I underwent a surgical procedure that because of complications left me with the permanent inability to sing. Therefore,with a very heavy heart I am officially retiring from the the stage and studio. Gonna keep it short but just wanted y'all to hear it from me. It's been an amazing ride and I cannot tell you all what the last 25 years has meant to me. I was looking forward to another 25 but as they say "**** happens". I thank you all for everything you've given me and I hope I was able to give you a fraction of the happiness you gave me. It was a hell of a ride but as they say all good things must end. Keep on supporting this thing we call Texas/Red dirt and hopefully we'll all get to have a cocktail or two and talk about the good ol days. Until then,Buenos Noches. It's been fun. Love each and every one of y'all. C

GoldMind
Maybe he can learn how to shred, then he can still play and not have to sing
deemus
Dang. I like that guy.
Fat Daddy

LIAR .... Three Dog Night

Seems appropriate following the hearings today'

william
Florda_mike
william said:

Awesome and original talent

Love that song

Can't believe he's been gone 24+ years!
william
deemus

deemus

deemus

deemus

deemus

deemus

Bone Squad
After all that Nickelback, we need a little Manowar to cleanse all that which is false!

GoldMind
Bone Squad said:

After all that Nickelback, we need a little Manowar to cleanse all that which is false!

With some Dokken on the side

GoldMind
william
GoldMind
Stranger
You can't get any better than ol Delbert.

GoldMind
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Ludwig von Missi
Ludwig von Missi
GoldMind
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Stranger
Talk about stealing the show . . .

I'm a Bearbacker
Fat Daddy
Stranger said:

Talk about stealing the show . . .

Just a few weeks till we celebrate the anniversary of The Last Waltz!

And for any young'uns on here that didn't watch the clip, or didn't watch all of it, Van's kick and punches at the end are legendary!!!
forza orsi
I might have posted this before - too lazy to try to figure out for sure, but even if I did, it deserves a repost. One of my favorites by Willie Nelson, with a little bit of Emmy Lou Harris. I love the extended guitar solo intro. Willie can play a little guitar. Willie's sister is on the piano. There are several versions of Willie doing the song, but this is my favorite.
Stranger
forza orsi said:

I might have posted this before - too lazy to try to figure out for sure, but even if I did, it deserves a repost. One of my favorites by Willie Nelson, with a little bit of Emmy Lou Harris. I love the extended guitar solo intro. Willie can play a little guitar. Willie's sister is on the piano. There are several versions of Willie doing the song, but this is my favorite.

Mighty fine.
I'm a Bearbacker
Stranger
Woke up this morning singing this song by my old pal Doug Sahm. He sang honky tonk as well as anybody.

I'm a Bearbacker
First Page Last Page
Page 24 of 105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.