Post a song you like

319,283 Views | 3648 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by william
GoldMind
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ludwig von Missi
Roy Rogers
Crash Davis said:

One of the more amazing facts of rock 'n roll trivia to me is that Brian May has a degree in astro-physics.
"Sic em yesterday, sic em today, sic em forever"
Ludwig von Missi
GoldMind
Oh snap...
Roy Rogers
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Florda_mike said:

Would love to hear about your Friday night U2 concert

Friggin amazing
Brian Ethridge
Staff

Ludwig von Missi
One of Guy's more underrated tracks IMO:
forza orsi
NPR has a series called Tiny Desk Concerts. Most are about 15-20 minutes long with lots of great artists. Lots of really good stuff. Check 'em out if you haven't. Lots of well-known artists and plenty not so well known. Some of my favorites are the ones with Lyle Lovett, Graham Nash, Steve Earle, Robert Cray, Jackson Browne and Cat Stevens. This one is an interesting one from Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes. They look a lot like some of the people you find sleeping on the sidewalk on the drag in Austin, but they make great music.

Roy Rogers
Happy Father's Day

GoldMind

Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
forza orsi
I'm in the mood... John Lee Hooker and Bonnie Raitt doing a blues classic. Bonnie's voice is so perfect for her part of the duet. I love seeing two great blues artists that that have so much fun playing together. Watch all the way to the end to appreciate the connection.

GoldMind
forza orsi said:

I'm in the mood... John Lee Hooker and Bonnie Raitt doing a blues classic. Bonnie's voice is so perfect for her part of the duet. I love seeing two great blues artists that that have so much fun playing together. Watch all the way to the end to appreciate the connection.

I appreciate the hell out of it.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
GoldMind

Always thought this was way underrated.
forza orsi
GoldMind said:

Certainly not by me. I bought this album in 1973 and I think I wore the grooves completely off of it.
Florda_mike
forza orsi said:

GoldMind said:

Certainly not by me. I bought this album in 1973 and I think I wore the grooves completely off of it.

Yep me either Forza

Can't believe our common music interests

Stairway to Heaven is close to, if not, my all time favorite song too
Roy Rogers
Ludwig von Missi
Brian Ethridge
Staff
forza orsi said:

NPR has a series called Tiny Desk Concerts. Most are about 15-20 minutes long with lots of great artists. Lots of really good stuff. Check 'em out if you haven't. Lots of well-known artists and plenty not so well known. Some of my favorites are the ones with Lyle Lovett, Graham Nash, Steve Earle, Robert Cray, Jackson Browne and Cat Stevens. This one is an interesting one from Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes. They look a lot like some of the people you find sleeping on the sidewalk on the drag in Austin, but they make great music.

They're a bit out there and there was a documentary of them on a tour with Old Crow Medicine Show and few other folk bands. The lead singer from OCMS said, "I don't think that guy has showered the entire tour."
Life is just a leap of faith. Spread your arms and hold your breath and always trust your cape.

AdoptABear: Josh Fleeks, RB, RsSR Cedar Hill
Brian Ethridge
Staff
NSFW

Life is just a leap of faith. Spread your arms and hold your breath and always trust your cape.

AdoptABear: Josh Fleeks, RB, RsSR Cedar Hill
forza orsi
The Flatlanders playing Dallas. This was recorded in 1972, but not released until 1990 when they released their album More a Legend than a Band, and then re-released on The Odessa Tapes in 2012. I prefer the one on the Odessa Tapes, but didn't find a video of that version. Jimmie Dale Gilmore does most of the vocals, but Joe Ely and Butch Hancock are on there too. Love this one. Did you ever see Dallas from a DC-9 at night?

GoldMind
forza orsi said:

The Flatlanders playing Dallas. This was recorded in 1972, but not released until 1990 when they released their album More a Legend than a Band, and then re-released on The Odessa Tapes in 2012. I prefer the one on the Odessa Tapes, but didn't find a video of that version. Jimmie Dale Gilmore does most of the vocals, but Joe Ely and Butch Hancock are on there too. Love this one. Did you ever see Dallas from a DC-9 at night?

Hell yea. I like JDGs solo work as well, good call.
SSadler
"Bring Him Home" sung by Colm Wilkinson (original cast of Broadway version, Les Miserables)
SSadler
My Eternal King (Solomon)

Majesty and Glory (Fettke)

[both sung by 40 voice college choir at my wedding, 1981]
Funky Town Bear
SSadler said:

Majesty and Glory is one the coolest things I've ever had the pleasure of performing in any medium. Amazing work.
GoldMind
SSadler
"I Can't Get Over You until You Get Out from Underneath Him!" (Larry, the Cable Guy)

[Edited: Punch line didn't sound right; now it doesl]
Brian Ethridge
Staff
SSadler said:

"Bring Him Home" sung by Colm Wilkinson (original cast of Broadway version, Les Miserables)

Brian Ethridge
Staff
SSadler said:

Ludwig von Missi
This is Billy Joel at his best IMO. Love this song.
nein51
SSadler said:

Colm Wilkinson is so good. I saw him at the Palace Theater when I was in high school and was just blown away. It lead to a serious love affair with the theater and, in turn, opera.

GoldMind
Funky Town Bear

Since I'm going to live like it's 1994 all over again tonight.
Volunteer
There are thousands of songs that I like and dozens and dozens of artists. Everything from Amarillo By Morning to Hotel California to Stairway To Heaven. From the Beatles to George Jones to the Beach Boys to Foreigner to Styx to Elton John.

Even though John's "Your Song" is not necessarily one of my all-time favorites, one phrase in the song by Bernie Taupin is remarkable:

"So excuse me forgetting
But these things, I do
You see, I've forgotten
If they're green or they're blue
Anyway, the thing is, what I really mean
Yours are the sweetest eyes I've ever seen"

First Page Last Page
Page 6 of 105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.