Post a song you like

319,290 Views | 3648 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by william
Volunteer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Carl Wilson was a very underrated singer

Volunteer
One of the best performances of a song by a woman performer ever. Sad her illness has destroyed her voice. None like her.

Roy Rogers

Or most anything by the Everly Brothers
"Sic em yesterday, sic em today, sic em forever"
GoldMind
The Bucket can shred

I let my daughter listen to his album "Colma" while she goes to sleep.

Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
forza orsi
A couple of Swedish girls, sisters Klara and Johanna Soderberg, called First Aid Kit with a gorgeous piece. Maybe country/folk isn't dead yet. It doesn't seem to want to let me set the link to the right time in the video, but 7:30 is the point in the video that I wanted to link to. Another NPR tiny desk concert. They usually also have a pedal steel guitar, drum, and keyboard too.

SSadler
thanks brian. I've got and old laptop that doesn't like to deal with anything except text.
Ludwig von Missi
Ludwig von Missi
Funky Town Bear
Headed to Deep Ellum to see Gungor tonight at The Door. Love the guy, but he has gone a bit crazy the last couple of years. Very likely this will be the only old song he does tonight. It's absolutely beautiful to hear live.

Fat Daddy
Well, it's that time of Year..... seems appropriate!

Roy Rogers
Another summer song.

GoldMind
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Brian Ethridge
Staff

Brian Ethridge
Staff

Ludwig von Missi
Brian posted one of my favorite songs on another thread, so I figured I'd post it here:
GoldMind

This is really a beautifully written song.
Florda_mike
Any Led Zeppelin, AC DC or Pink Floyd fans out there?
forza orsi
Florda_mike said:

I'm a huge Led Zeppelin fan. They were the first rock concert I ever went to. Just noticed that there is a Led Zeppelin time line out there that has every concert they ever did, so there is a link to my first one. It has the set list, photos from that show, the review of the show from the local paper, programs from that tour, tickets from that show. Kind of cool to relive it that way.
http://www.ledzeppelin.com/show/february-27-1975

As for posting a song, one of my favorites is still the Immigrant Song.

Florda_mike
forza orsi said:

Florda_mike said:

I'm a huge Led Zeppelin fan. They were the first rock concert I ever went to. Just noticed that there is a Led Zeppelin time line out there that has every concert they ever did, so there is a link to my first one. It has the set list, photos from that show, the review of the show from the local paper, programs from that tour, tickets from that show. Kind of cool to relive it that way.
http://www.ledzeppelin.com/show/february-27-1975

As for posting a song, one of my favorites is still the Immigrant Song.

Isn't it amazing how much we disagree on politics and seem to love the exact same music? God does seem to have a sense of humor

Immigrant Song is close but I think my favorite Zeppelin song is Stairway to Heaven
Funky Town Bear
Led Zeppelin you say? Here's a personal favorite.

GoldMind
Led you say?

Been a long time

Florda_mike
GoldMind said:

Led you say?

Been a long time

That is one guitar strumming, piano and drum pounding awesomely sung song!!!!!

Dam, if you don't love that you just ain't alive

Whew +1
Ludwig von Missi
I fell in love with this song going to Jimmy Buffett concerts, but here I'll give a nod to the original:
Ludwig von Missi
How have we made it this far into the thread without a song from The Band?
Fat Daddy
When you see the Southern Cross for the first time, you understand why you came this way!!!

Most excellent choices / posts, Crash!!!

A couple of summers ago, CSN were playing at Verizon in Grand Prairie. My daughter, then age 25, asked if I would like to go! That told me I had raised her on the right music! Was a great, memorable evening!

The Band .... pure greatness! Guess I had better gonwatxh The Last Waltz one more time! I listen to Cripple Creek every time I am on I-10 passing thru Lake Charles!!!

Thanks for posting these!!!
Roy Rogers
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Crash Davis said:

Brian posted one of my favorite songs on another thread, so I figured I'd post it here:

Living fast or dying slow... Which way to go?
GoldMind

Best songs with odd time signatures, this is number 1 for me
Roy Rogers
Fat Daddy
Great choice, Roy! Jerry Jeff does pretty good for a New York boy. Here is a video of the same song ... and J J W gives a great intro to the song and the songwriter, Gary P Nunn!

Ludwig von Missi
Fat Daddy said:

Great choice, Roy! Jerry Jeff does pretty good for a New York boy. Here is a video of the same song ... and J J W gives a great intro to the song and the songwriter, Gary P Nunn!

Roy's version is actually Gary P. Nunn as well. It gets confusing because it is the cut from Jerry Jeff's Viva Terlingua album, but it is actually Gary P. Nunn up on stage with JJW singing his own song.
Fat Daddy
That is correct.... I just think hearing J J W give the little intro ... and the few words by Gary P... is just good stuff!!
Ludwig von Missi
Fat Daddy said:

That is correct.... I just think hearing J J W give the little intro ... and the few words by Gary P... is just good stuff!!
Absolutely! Glad you posted it. I was just letting people know that the version Roy posted was Gary P even though the video title says it is Jerry Jeff.

Funny commentary about the Viva Terlingua version:
http://tpr.org/post/gary-p-nunn-and-funny-story-behind-going-home-armadillo-song#stream/0

In case you don't know, the song originally came out not on a Gary P. Nunn album, but a Jerry Jeff Walker albumthe career-establishing Viva Terlingua, recorded live in a Luckenbach barn. The record's biggest hit, London Homesick Blues almost didn't happen, but during the live recording in front of a raucous crowd, Jerry Jeff said this to Gary P.

"'Sing that song you were singing out under the trees this afternoon.' So I sang it and the crowd went nuts."

But there was a problem with the recordingthe engineer ran into the barn and said

"'You gotta do it again! You gotta do it again!' Well, that was kinda hard to do after bringing the house down. So if you'll recall I say on the recording 'let me see if I can put myself back in that place again'."
Fat Daddy
"Them Dallas women standing up beat the other women laying down"

Willis Alan .... one great album.... but I think he was going to release a second one a year or two ago! Kind of like Harper Lee and "To Kill A Mickingbird".... if you have greatness the first time, why do a second!

Ludwig von Missi
My dad is a massive JJW fan, so I've listened to that album countless times. But I just read that article recently. When Gary P. Nunn says, "Gotta put myself back in that place again," I always assumed he meant he needed to get in that mindset of being stuck in Europe and homesick for Texas. But he was literally referring to the fact that they had to play the song again.
First Page Last Page
Page 7 of 105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.