The Stranger from Ranger, RW Crouch & Elvis

1,525 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Freedomb3ar
Stranger
How long do you want to ignore this user?

with RW Crouch, somewhere in Texas

In recognition of the great Rand W. Crouch who wrote this here song and recorded it in 1975, on the album, "R.W. Crouch & the Bum Steers, If You Divorce Me Baby, Who'll Get the Truck? with the Closet Cosmic Cowboys".

He allowed me to play a very minor role in recording that album. Then on this day, 44-years ago I stepped on the NBC Burbank stage and performed his musical question on the nationally broadcast, The Gong Show, with the late Chuck Barris, Anson Williams, Patty Andrews and juicy Jaye P. Morgan.

It's a great memory that never leaves me and I give thanks to the Catfish, RW Crouch, for allowing me to share his tune with the world.

By the way, on that same exact day, about an hour before this show aired, Elvis died, but that's a whole 'nuther story.

I'm a Bearbacker
4yrletterbear
Awesome. I saw that live!!
Stranger
4yrletterbear said:

Awesome. I saw that live!!

you must be old
I'm a Bearbacker
ABC BEAR
I heard that Elvis died right after he watched this. If you say it was an hour before, I'll go with that.
Stranger
ABC BEAR said:

I heard that Elvis died right after he watched this. If you say it was an hour before, I'll go with that.

I think your version is probably correct.
I'm a Bearbacker
Bexar Pitts
You know I saved that a long time ago on my favorites tab..Always makes me smile when I watch it...Guess we all have our ways of coping with these times! :-)
Fat Daddy
And you got three 10's!!!

What a day to remember!
Mr Tulip
I guess this was before Jaye P reacted oddly to Gene, Gene the Dancing Machine?
SSadler
And who'd thunk Stranger's leisure fishing shirt would still be in style 50 years later.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I saw this down at the woodway boys club taking a break from spades and maulball. We always watched the Gong Show.
Bexar Pitts
Mr Tulip said:

I guess this was before Jaye P reacted oddly to Gene, Gene the Dancing Machine?

Actually..quite an appropriate reaction! :-) OOPS! You're gonna have to You Tube it!
Pecos 45
Next we need to locate a YouTube video of The Legendary Stardust Cowboy performing "Paralyzed."
Bexar Pitts
Pecos 45 said:

Next we need to locate a YouTube video of The Legendary Stardust Cowboy performing "Paralyzed."
That was my 5th wife's request for our wedding song..(I moved fairly quickly to number 6) . That tune always brings back tears of .......something.
Bexar Pitts
Don't blame me..Pecos asked for it!
Freedomb3ar
The Ranger Jaycees eh
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.