Beer

2,471 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by bularry
J.R.
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone had any good, new beer?
bularry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Been drinking some offerings from Brazos Valley Brewing. Good stuff
J.R.
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Will give it a go. Thanks, Larry.
ColomboLQ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
J.R. said:

Anyone had any good, new beer?
What do you mean by "good" or "new"? Cause there is tons out there.
J.R.
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ColomboLQ said:

J.R. said:

Anyone had any good, new beer?
What do you mean by "good" or "new"? Cause there is tons out there.
There is so much out there these days, it's hard to get through it all. Just looking for some "must trys" Not a fan of ultra hoppy beers (Double IPAs, Imperials ect) I was a home brewer back in the late 80s/early 90s, so I have decent beer IQ, but, Ive found myself gone full circle and more interested in well, made, balanced beer....particularly newer versions of European classics.
Lund Vernquist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Same here, friend. Localwise I'm a big fan of the Rahr Fort Worth Session Ale and Oak Highlands' Allgood (Kolsch) and Golden Mustache (Dortmunder).
J.R.
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lund Vernquist said:

Same here, friend. Localwise I'm a big fan of the Rahr Fort Worth Session Ale and Oak Highlands' Allgood (Kolsch) and Golden Mustache (Dortmunder).
We are most def on the same page. Love all of those.
bularry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bought the New England Hazy IPA's from 3 Nations the other day. I've enjoyed the couple I've had so far.

I like the style, but this is only the second one I've had.
ColomboLQ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bularry said:

Bought the New England Hazy IPA's from 3 Nations the other day. I've enjoyed the couple I've had so far.

I like the style, but this is only the second one I've had.
This style has really become popular within the last couple of years. Some of the originals from Tree House, Trillium, etc are still the standard but there are a couple of breweries in Texas that are doing them well now.
bularry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ColomboLQ said:

bularry said:

Bought the New England Hazy IPA's from 3 Nations the other day. I've enjoyed the couple I've had so far.

I like the style, but this is only the second one I've had.
This style has really become popular within the last couple of years. Some of the originals from Tree House, Trillium, etc are still the standard but there are a couple of breweries in Texas that are doing them well now.
yeah, not real common still, but I like the style.
bularry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Overcame my inherent cheapness and bought a 4 pack of Lone Pint Jabberwocky

Imperial IPA. Damn good. 8%.
J.R.
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bularry said:

Overcame my inherent cheapness and bought a 4 pack of Lone Pint Jabberwocky

Imperial IPA. Damn good. 8%.
I like Lone Pint. I will give it a go.
bularry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Didn't think the Karbach hazy was that great.

Big fan of Firestone Walker hazy if you see it. Really tasty beer.
ScottS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lowenbrau
quash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Texarkana opened up a brewpub that serves good food. I had their stout, was enjoying it and the bartender brought me a small glass of it with a shot of vanilla cider. Weird but good in the way that Sin Mint, the Christmas version of Temptress, is weird but good.
"The fewer things politicians control, the less it matters who controls the politicians"
bularry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
tried the St Arnolds 25th anniversary beer. It is a combination of 4 different barrel aged stouts. very tasty and very rich. also very $$ $9 for a 12 oz bottle.
quash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bularry said:

tried the St Arnolds 25th anniversary beer. It is a combination of 4 different barrel aged stouts. very tasty and very rich. also very $$ $9 for a 12 oz bottle.
But worth it, yes?
"The fewer things politicians control, the less it matters who controls the politicians"
UPBaylor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bularry said:

tried the St Arnolds 25th anniversary beer. It is a combination of 4 different barrel aged stouts. very tasty and very rich. also very $$ $9 for a 12 oz bottle.
So, that's like asking if an $18 bottle of high end wine is worth it. (2X 12 oz = ~750ml) Not very expensive when you think of it that way and it's a sipping beer. Wine would be 10X that.

Having said that, I haven't tried it. Just saying that $9 for a very unique and special sipping beer wouldn't deter me. Probably wouldn't buy a case though.
bularry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
UPBaylor said:

bularry said:

tried the St Arnolds 25th anniversary beer. It is a combination of 4 different barrel aged stouts. very tasty and very rich. also very $$ $9 for a 12 oz bottle.
So, that's like asking if an $18 bottle of high end wine is worth it. (2X 12 oz = ~750ml) Not very expensive when you think of it that way and it's a sipping beer. Wine would be 10X that.

Having said that, I haven't tried it. Just saying that $9 for a very unique and special sipping beer wouldn't deter me. Probably wouldn't buy a case though.
$54 for a 6 pack is pretty steep, no matter how you slice it.

I bought 3, so it didn't deter me, either
bularry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quash said:

bularry said:

tried the St Arnolds 25th anniversary beer. It is a combination of 4 different barrel aged stouts. very tasty and very rich. also very $$ $9 for a 12 oz bottle.
But worth it, yes?
i liked it quite a bit, it was good.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.