Story Poster
Baylor Football Recruiting

Four-star WR Armani Winfield commits to Baylor over Texas, Alabama, Oklahoma

December 15, 2021

New Members: Try SicEm365 1 year for $35!

Following an official visit to Baylor over the weekend, four-star Lewisville (TX) High School wide receiver Armani Winfield‍ gave his pledge to the Bears on National Signing Day at Lewisville (TX) High School. He becomes commit No. 20 in the 2022 class and the second wide receiver committed, joining Rockwall-Heath’s  Jordan Nabors‍.

BAYLOR 2022 RECRUITING COMMITMENT LIST

The highly regarded pass catcher has been a priority for Baylor since the spring when he took his first visit to Waco despite the fact that he was committed to Texas at the time. He decommitted from Texas last month which allowed the staff to up his recruitment and get him on campus over the weekend.

The staff prioritized taking two wide receivers in this 2022 class and now they have two of the best in Texas committed with signing day this Wednesday.

The 6-foot-2, 190-pound prospect finished his senior season with 1,006 receiving yards and eight touchdowns in just 10 games.

Winfield chose Baylor over offers from schools all over the country including: Alabama, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas, LSU, USC, Georgia, Oregon, and Penn State among others.

Discussion from...

Four-star WR Armani Winfield commits to Baylor over Texas, Alabama, Oklahoma

15,965 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by McCavebear
LionBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Colt nails it.
geewago
So the big fish got away from the big boys
Jacques Strap
WOW Great news
Timbear
Awesome Armani! Now this is what we expected would happen. Great job coaches. Welcome Armani. Best dressed recruit
Bryceb
Man this class is loaded amazing grab!
dstaylor57
officially signed per BU athletics
Darth Melon
Wow, this is a huge win for us. Massive. Fantastic work by Colt for his strong prediction this morning.
Grizz Air
Let's goooo!!!
BaylorGrad09
Grimes has some new weapons at TE and WR to play with. Bohanon and Shapen should be happy
ScottS
This rocks!
BearlyBeloved
I watched his video. Either he's got a speedy set of wheels, or he's been playing against some mighty slow defenders!

Oso del lago
Any vid of the announcement
Bear8084
Big-O!-Bear said:

And welcome and SIC 'EM, ARMANI!!!!
hodedofome
Early Christmas present.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Big-O!-Bear said:

We did it live on our show
boognish_bear

ScottS
Robert Strait?
Big_Pumpin
So is he good enough to play right away?
Mitch Blood Green
Big_Pumpin said:

So is he good enough to play right away?

His film shows he's a home run receiver.
Timbear
Art brought in the other 8 highest rated recruits.
ScottS
Strait not one of our top 9 recruits of all time? I'm not buying it.
BluesBear
Really good size. Not afraid to go over the middle. Nice to watch all the highlights videos that UT post on him. Lol.

Good choice to come to Baylor
Wineguy89
Timbear said:

Art brought in the other 8 highest rated recruits.

How to tell me you're TimBear without telling me you're TimBear. SMH you're such a troll. And wrong as usual on the fact part. Care to wager?
Richard Reese
(True) Freshman - Bellville, TX
152 carries/791 yards/5.2 YPC/12 touchdowns
11 receptions/80 yards
1 game clinching studly TD vs Kansas
ZERO fumbles

Brett “Big Ballz” Yormark- Commissioner Big 12-16 Conference
One badass new TV contract with more goodies to come
lakersfan34
ScottS said:

Strait not one of our top 9 recruits of all time? I'm not buying it.
Jerod Douglas?

Plus Reedy had a top 5 class during his time that was stacked with top-rated recruits. Probably predates the current rating system.
DanaDane
Heck of a signing here. Frosh receivers typically aren't polished enough or physical enough to get off the line of scrimmage to contribute much as a freshman but this kid has the potential to be a pivotal part of the offensive gameplan in a year or two. Given that we really don't have much production returning next year with the losses of Thornton and Sneed, who knows he may be able to play and produce faster than anticipated.
boognish_bear
DanaDane said:

Heck of a signing here. Frosh receivers typically aren't polished enough or physical enough to get off the line of scrimmage to contribute much as a freshman but this kid has the potential to be a pivotal part of the offensive gameplan in a year or two. Given that we really don't have much production returning next year with the losses of Thornton and Sneed, who knows he may be able to play and produce faster than anticipated.

Are we losing Estrada too?
DanaDane
I thought this was his COVID season and that's it? I didn't think he was a grad transfer with also another season for the COVID year, but maybe I'm wrong. Not sure.
Timbear
Well hello Whine guy. All of the 8 players listed were recruited by Art. That's why I mentioned it. We don't need your arrogant, negative crap here. Please go back to your pack of Jackals on the Group Think Know It All Board.
RedBear05
BluesBear said:

Really good size. Not afraid to go over the middle. Nice to watch all the highlights videos that UT post on him. Lol.

The UT posts on Twitter are funny. Most are claiming the reason we got him is because Sark was pissed at him for decommitting and wouldn't "let him back in." Lol

Don't really care either way because the result is the same.
Timbear
I was only responding to the list Grayson came up with. Doesn't matter. We're all just killing time until the Bowl Game.
boognish_bear
RedBear05 said:

BluesBear said:

The UT posts on Twitter are funny. Most are claiming the reason we got him is because Sark was pissed at him for decommitting and wouldn't "let him back in." Lol

Don't really care either way because the result is the same.

That's some funny Horn arrogance. I'm pretty sure after going 5-7 Satk ain't to proud to reconsider a 4* player.
EasyE
boognish_bear said:

Sorry Grayson, but as pointed out by many here James, Strait, Gay... hmm, that's coincidental, and maybe Douglas would have ranked higher than many on that list, it's just that the ranking services that have come into existence over the past 15 years did not exist at that time, but being someone who daily wasted their time perusing the top 100 lists in the newspaper section at Moody, I can assure you that they were higher rated than most any on this list.
McCavebear
Sic 'em Armani!!! Even his name is style and money!
McCavebear Lives!
Wineguy89
Timbear said:

Well hello Whine guy. All of the 8 players listed were recruited by Art. That's why I mentioned it. We don't need your arrogant, negative crap here. Please go back to your pack of Jackals on the Group Think Know It All Board.

LMAO you LIAR!! Bet me then!! You're wrong as usual. So fun calling your lying, trolling arse out!! Caber Clown!!!

You do realize there wa good football at Baylor before Briles got here right? RIGHT???? Nah...you don't. LOL!! So easy.

Richard Reese
(True) Freshman - Bellville, TX
152 carries/791 yards/5.2 YPC/12 touchdowns
11 receptions/80 yards
1 game clinching studly TD vs Kansas
ZERO fumbles

Brett “Big Ballz” Yormark- Commissioner Big 12-16 Conference
One badass new TV contract with more goodies to come
Timbear
Thank you , Whine guy for proving my point. No football just sarcasm. Sic'em Bears.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.