Photo by Jim Black
Baylor Basketball

Dave Aranda's contract will be signed after Sugar Bowl | Mack Rhoades

December 31, 2021

Baylor Director of Athletics Mack Rhoades previews the Sugar Bowl and more.

To continue reading, you must be a SicEm365 Premium subscriber.
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial
Discussion from...

Dave Aranda's contract will be signed after Sugar Bowl | Mack Rhoades

4,598 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bexar Pitts
Robert Wilson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't understand the reason for so much delay

Probably nbd but I don't get it
bear2be2
Robert Wilson said:

I don't understand why fans get so worked up about this. These contracts don't mean very much or guarantee anything other than the buyout terms.

I'm glad we're taking care of Aranda. He deserves it. But his words to date are worth as much as this contract. And if he keeps having success, it could be a year to year deal with him regardless of the length of this pact.
BylrFan
bear2be2 said:

Robert Wilson said:

I don't understand why fans get so worked up about this. These contracts don't mean very much or guarantee anything other than the buyout terms.

I'm glad we're taking care of Aranda. He deserves it. But his words to date are worth as much as this contract. And if he keeps having success, it could be a year to year deal with him regardless of the length of this pact.
It's a nice insurance for the school. When Rhule went away, The panthers paid his new buyout.
Robert Wilson
bear2be2 said:

Robert Wilson said:

I don't understand why you think I'm worked up

I put together larger contracts in less time than this all the time - really no reason this should take this long
TrojanMoondoggie
Robert Wilson said:

bear2be2 said:

Robert Wilson said:

I put together larger contracts in less time than this all the time - really no reason this should take this long
Apparently a lot of ucla fans are talking about him too...as they are starting to have more and more questions about Kelly.

Better get that boy signed, guys.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
Robert Wilson said:

bear2be2 said:

Robert Wilson said:

yep, not like a coach's contract has never been done before. Should be pretty straight-forward. Only thing I can think is that Aranda or Mack thinks a Sugar Bowl win will benefit the terms somehow.
FullBear
Will we know the details of this soon?
Bexar Pitts
Robert Wilson said:

Probably comes very soon..Certainly hope so...Means something to everybody concerned, particularly to those in the portal or considering it..
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.