Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,050,550 Views | 29499 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by Assassin
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BaylorProud77 said:

Assassin said:

so we're down on the 2. first and goal. And pass, pass, holding, sack?

Wish Zeke were back from suspension
obviously, he decided to take a vacation
I keep thinking I saw him in the huddle but I guess not
On Facebook at "Memories of...":
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
BaylorProud77
Bailey has to be hurt. Its been a horrible game for him.
BearForce
Offense lost this game...and frankly the season
Assassin
Leave a message on the official @theeagledallas #Cowboys rant line and your voicemail could be aired Monday morning on air with @CINDYSCULL #CowboysNation Call 214-866-8300 #SEAvsDAL
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
BearForce
BaylorProud77 said:

Bailey has to be hurt. Its been a horrible game for him.

Probably rushed back too soon
BaylorProud77
I'm depressed but going shopping might help with it after a few days
BaylorProud77
BearForce said:

Offense lost this game...and frankly the season
agree
BaylorProud77
Assassin said:

Leave a message on the official @theeagledallas #Cowboys rant line and your voicemail could be aired Monday morning on air with @CINDYSCULL #CowboysNation Call 214-866-8300 #SEAvsDAL
lololol, I would just sound squeaky But it is tempting.
Assassin
Draft pick projection time!

Right now the other 8-7 teams are:

Buffalo - Dolphins up
Tennessee - Jags next
Chargers - Raiders coming
Detroit - Packers up

the 7-8 teams are:
Skins - Giants up
Green Bay - Lions

Obviously getting into the playoffs knocks them to the back of that record. As does winning against an opponent.

13 teams below this level. We beat Skins twice so no way they would pick behind us. So I guess 15 would be the best spot depending on how next weeks games went
boognish_bear
BaylorProud77
boognish_bear said:

Why? Did they get into on the field?
BearForce
Assassin said:

Draft pick projection time!

Right now the other 8-7 teams are:

Buffalo - Dolphins up
Tennessee - Jags next
Chargers - Raiders coming
Detroit - Packers up

the 7-8 teams are:
Skins - Giants up
Green Bay - Lions

Obviously getting into the playoffs knocks them to the back of that record. As does winning against an opponent.

13 teams below this level. We beat Skins twice so no way they would pick behind us. So I guess 15 would be the best spot depending on how next weeks games went

Actually head to head doesnt matter

https://operations.nfl.com/the-players/the-nfl-draft/the-rules-of-the-draft/

Quote:

In situations where teams finished the previous season with identical records, the determination of draft position is decided by strength of schedule the aggregate winning percentage of a team's opponents. The team that played the schedule with the lowest winning percentage will be awarded the higher pick.

If the teams have the same strength of schedule, their records against common opponents in their division or conference are applied, if applicable. If the divisional or conference tiebreakers are not applicable, ties will be broken by a coin flip.

Assassin
boognish_bear said:

I dont blame him. Kinda like Seattle as a city. Beautiful place but an absolute nightmare to try to live in. Prices are off the charts and it rains and rains and rains and rains and...
Assassin
BearForce
LOL
boognish_bear
I'd be really pissed at Earl Thomas if I was the Seahawks for pulling a stunt like that after a big win to keep their season alive
Assassin
nicely done Zeke.... just in case Garrett is back;

boognish_bear
BearForce
boognish_bear said:

Note Jerry mentions seeing head coaches and coordinators but only gives Garrett a vote of confidence.
Assassin
boognish_bear said:

Jerrys been overruled on lots of stuff in the past few years. Stephen playing it coy, letting JJ take the heat for a while longer while he gets stuff done
geewago
Red Headed Jesus has really got it made. Win lose or draw he's still Jerrys man. I heard a reporter on the radio ask Jerry if he was displeased with the coaching staff and he said "Not at all". Seems like the two men in Texas with top job security is Jason Garret and Matt Rhule.
Assassin
Dallas defense did its part.. Seahawks with only 136 of offense. Wilson only had 93 yards - and was their leading rusher with a whopping 29 yds.
BearForce
Assassin said:

Dallas defense did its part.. Seahawks with only 136 of offense. Wilson only had 93 yards - and was their leading rusher with a whopping 29 yds.

Agree though we also need to acknowledge that Seattle's offense was anemic coming in today.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Assassin
2017 will mark the first time in the Super Bowl era that the Cowboys, Giants, Redskins, Packers, and 49ers all missed the playoffs.

The last time all 5 of those teams missed the postseason was in 1964.
LionBear
geewago said:

Red Headed Jesus has really got it made. Win lose or draw he's still Jerrys man. I heard a reporter on the radio ask Jerry if he was displeased with the coaching staff and he said "Not at all". Seems like the two men in Texas with top job security is Jason Garret and Matt Rhule.

Let's see how Rhule does next year before you start up the comparisons....
boognish_bear
BaylorProud77
Assassin said:

you know he did his very best. ha
BaylorProud77
Assassin said:

2017 will mark the first time in the Super Bowl era that the Cowboys, Giants, Redskins, Packers, and 49ers all missed the playoffs.

The last time all 5 of those teams missed the postseason was in 1964.
wow, I was in 4th grade then. a girl never likes to give away her age, ha assassin that would have made you a hot looking 5th grader. lolol
Assassin

My 5th grade picture. I had all the young girls screaming...
Assassin
Morris without a carry yesterday. Still not sure that Rod Smith is significantly better than Morris as a runner. Definitely better receiving.

Would not want to go into 2018 with Rod Smith as the #2 back and Morris gone. If Morris leaves, we will need to draft or sign a FA RB IMO
Assassin
This past Tuesday:

- The Dallas Cowboys like to say player acquisition is a 365-day-a-year proposition and the looking never ends.

While they still have their focus on what 2017 can be, the Cowboys' personnel department took a look at 2018 possibilities on Tuesday with 11 players working out for the team at The Star.

Former Baylor receiver K.D. Cannon was likely the biggest headliner and he could play a position of need for the team going into next season.

Cannon spent time with the San Francisco 49ers, New York Jets and Los Angeles Rams this season. He originally signed with the 49ers as an undrafted free agent with a $45,000 guarantee. Cannon caught 195 passes for 3,113 yards and 27 touchdowns at Baylor.

The Cowboys also worked out: Tyrell Adams, LB, West Georgia; Josh Allen, G, La.-Monroe; Jeremy Boykins, CB, UCF; Marcus Cromartie, FS, Wisconsin; Bart Houston, QB Wisconsin; Marqueston Huff, FS, Wyoming; Dezmin Lewis, WR, Central Arkansas; Arthur Miley, DE, Southern; Ezra Robinson, CB, Tennessee State; and Tevaun Smith, WR, Iowa.
Assassin
ARLINGTON, Texas -- In an odd postgame exchange, Seattle Seahawks free safety Earl Thomas approached Jason Garrett and urged the Dallas Cowboyscoach to acquire him if he were ever to become available.

Thomas' comment to Garrett came after the Seahawks beat Dallas 21-12 at AT&T Stadium on Sunday to keep their playoff hopes alive. Cameras showed Thomas running after Garrett and then telling him, "If y'all got the chance to come get me, come get me!"

Thomas later confirmed that's what he told Garrett but clarified that he didn't necessarily mean anytime soon.

Thomas, 28, grew up in Orange, Texas, and has talked in the past about how much it means to him to play against the team he rooted for as a child.

"We had a great win. I feel like we played lights-out. Just emotional," Thomas said. "I went to the locker room to talk to Dez and I saw Coach Garrett. I've always been a Cowboys fan growing up. But the biggest thing when I say 'Come get me' is, I don't literally mean like, 'Come get me now.' I'm still in the prime of my career. I still want to be here, but when Seattle kicks me to the curb, please -- the Cowboys -- come get me.

That's the only place I would rather be if I get kicked to the curb. So that's what I meant by it. People take life too serious. That's just who I am."

Thomas said Garrett didn't have much to say in response. He said he was hoping to talk with Bryant, a close friend, simply to tell him good game.

Thomas has spent his entire career with the Seahawks, who drafted him in the first round in 2010. He signed a four-year, $40 million extension after the Seahawks won Super Bowl XLVIII, and it made him the NFL's highest-paid safety at the time. That deal runs through the 2018 season.

Asked whether he has gotten any indication that the Seahawks might not want him around much longer, Thomas said with a laugh, "I don't know. But if they don't, you know, please come get me."

Thomas said he's happy with the Seahawks. "I love being here," he said. "This is where I started. I built my resume here, and I've got Kam and Richard [defensive coordinator Kris Richard]. I don't want to leave."

Thomas was just named to his sixth Pro Bowl and has been a first-team All-Pro three times in his career.

The Seahawks have tended to wait until a player is in or entering the final year of his contract before giving him an extension, though defensive end Michael Bennett last season was an exception.

Seattle's Earl Thomas, who grew up rooting for the Cowboys, said he went to the Dallas locker room after Sunday's game to talk to Dez Bryant, above, when he ran into coach Jason Garrett and urged him to "come get me" should he ever become available. Tim Heitman/USA TODAY Sports

Thomas didn't say explicitly that the Seahawks have not approached him about an extension, but his comments strongly implied as much.

Asked if he wished the team would begin talking to him about a new deal, Thomas said, "Yeah, that would be a great Christmas present."

Did he expect that to happen already?

"I don't know," Thomas said. "I'm just going to keep balling, and hopefully they see the value."

According to Spotrac.com, Thomas is now the NFL's fourth-highest-paid free safety in terms of annual average. Last week, NFL.com reported that Thomas may seek a raise that surpasses the $13 million average that Kansas City's Eric Berry makes as the league's top-paid free safety. Thomas said at the time he took note of that contract when Berry signed it this past offseason.

Thomas was again vague when asked whether he senses that the Seahawks may be willing to move on from him because they have yet to approach him about an extension.

"I don't want to get too deep into it, but it's a business, and we have great young guys coming in," he said. "And you just never know."
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21868903/earl-thomas-urges-dallas-cowboys-come-get-seattle-seahawks-kick-curb
Assassin
In my "Just for Grins Because Nobody Actually Takes the "Best Player Available" Mock Draft"

Rules - 1. Simple - take the player at the top of the board, regardless of position or need.

Gotta say, every year I do it and usually end up with 5 WRs or 3 Punters or similar. But not this year. I could actually live with this draft;

1: R1P17
EDGE ARDEN KEY
LSU

2: R2P17
C BILLY PRICE
OHIO STATE

3: R3P17
TE MARK ANDREWS
OKLAHOMA

4: R4P17
LB MIKE MCCRAY
MICHIGAN

5: R4P34
WR DEEBO SAMUEL
SOUTH CAROLINA

6: R4P37
WR MICHAEL GALLUP
COLORADO STATE

7: R5P35
CB IMAN MARSHALL
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

8: R5P37
FB DIMITRI FLOWERS
OKLAHOMA

9: R6P17
RB AKRUM WADLEY
IOWA

10: R7P17
K MICHAEL BADGLEY
MIAMI (FL)
First Page Last Page
Page 114 of 843

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.