Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,093,264 Views | 29773 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by BearkatBear
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearForce said:

Not a good half for Anthony Brown
no kidding. He has always been hot/cold so lets hope he shows some hot now
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
thoughts from last night

Dak looked sharp, Micheal Gallup showed some real promise, great grab on a perfect pass from Dak for the TD, LVE can cover some ground, Brown took some steps backwards, Awuzie is gonna be an All Pro, Joe Thomas was an LB steal - LBs could end up being our strongest position behind OL
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
and add Cooper Rush to that mix. I know it was against some backups but he also had backups around him. Nice game - solidifying his backup spot
Assassin
Lael may have got away just a pinch early. Or else he's simply faster than the rest of the OL....

Assassin
Assassin said:

thoughts from last night

Dak looked sharp, Micheal Gallup showed some real promise, great grab on a perfect pass from Dak for the TD, LVE can cover some ground, Brown took some steps backwards, Awuzie is gonna be an All Pro, Joe Thomas was an LB steal - LBs could end up being our strongest position behind OL
how could I forget to mention Jaylon Smith? Holy crap that guy can cover some ground. Showed little to no signs of issues with his foot or knee
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

So it looks like that he will be used as a receiver for now

Inside joke between Assassin, Stephen Jones and I
FIFY

Touche
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Not a good half for Anthony Brown
no kidding. He has always been hot/cold so lets hope he shows some hot now

He has to get over the grabbing thing and trust his technique.
BearForce
Assassin said:

Lael may have got away just a pinch early. Or else he's simply faster than the rest of the OL....

Looking at it live last night I thought he moved early too...
BearForce
Assassin said:

Assassin said:

thoughts from last night

how could I forget to mention Jaylon Smith? Holy crap that guy can cover some ground. Showed little to no signs of issues with his foot or knee

Actually I think you also forgot Taco...he was flying all over the backfield as well as the Thomas kid.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Assassin said:

thoughts from last night

Actually I think you also forgot Taco...he was flying all over the backfield as well as the Thomas kid.
indeed. Still not sure he's the LDE but if he can start turning that corner, damn
Machiavelli
Assassin said:

thoughts from last night

I don't disagree with you on Chido, but I don't know how you got there from his performance Thursday night.
Assassin
NFC East stuff - Skins lost their 2nd rounder Darius Guice for they year with torn ACL
Assassin
Guard Marcus Martin is facing surgery on his right big toe to repair a ligament tear suffered in the Cowboys' preseason opener against the San Francisco 49ers, according to multiple sources. Right tackle La'el Collins suffered a similar injury in 2016 and missed the final 13 games of the regular season. Martin was in line to be one of the backup interior linemen after signing a one-year deal with the Cowboys as a free agent in March.
Assassin
SportsDay DFW's Brandon George projects Deonte Thompson to make the Cowboys' final 53-man roster.
George expects the Cowboys to keep only six receivers, with Thompson beating out both Noah Brown and Lance Lenoir for the club's final spot. Dallas notably kept seven receivers last year but will likely need to use all four tight ends currently on the roster this upcoming season. Allen Hurns, Cole Beasley, Tavon Austin, Michael Gallup, and Tavon Austin are virtual locks to stay with the Cowboys throughout 2018.
Related: Cowboys

Source: SportsDay DFW

GoldMind
Machiavelli said:

Assassin said:

thoughts from last night

I don't disagree with you on Chido, but I don't know how you got there from his performance Thursday night.

Cause in preseason you can say whatever you want and it makes sense
Assassin
GoldMind said:

Machiavelli said:

Assassin said:

thoughts from last night

Cause in preseason you can say whatever you want and it makes sense
I didnt catch the whole game. He was sticking like glue during the first half. I guess he gave up a couple of catches after stopped watching
Assassin
from new WR coach Sanjay Lil on WRs - these are the things you dont hear about...

"I loved the juice that they played with," Lal said Saturday. "Both at the point of attack and away from the ball, things you only see on the coaches' tape. We had a chop block, we had two pancakes. So their intensity versus the DBs was really impressive."

Gallup and Allen Hurns were credited with the pancake blocks, he said. Tavon Austin made the chop block.

"Tavon is the energizer bunny of the group," Lal said. "He gets everybody going and holds them accountable. ...I'm going to that because everyone wants to score a 30-yard touchdown on a go-route. Everyone wants the ball. This group's unique because they bought into the other aspect, the harder, the stuff that people don't routinely see. So that's what I'm most proud of as a coach.
KOKQB70
Uh, reading earlier post, T Will not mentioned as one of 6 WR?
trumpetbear
KOK QB 70 said:

They also listed Travon Austin twice. Likely just a typo.
BearForce
trumpetbear said:

KOK QB 70 said:

They also listed Travon Austin twice. Likely just a typo.

Well he is a WR and a RB, so....
Assassin
KOK QB 70 said:

clicking the link up above:

The top five

Allen Hurns: The veteran is looking forward to the chance to play more outside after he said he was in the slot about 70 percent of the time last season in Jacksonville. Injuries slowed him in recent seasons, but it was a good sign to see him starting against the 49ers after a sore groin had limited him in practices in recent days. Hurns is trying to regain his 2015 form, when he set career highs with 64 catches for 1,031 yards and 10 touchdowns.

Cole Beasley: The Cowboys are finally giving Beasley the chance to expand his route tree, something he wanted to do a year ago. He's lining up more outside in practices. Beasley has been a favorite target of Dak Prescott's the last two seasons but his production dipped considerably a year ago.
"Beasley has stood out for me since Day 1," Hurns said. "I've always thought smaller guys can't run routes on the outside, but it's changed my mind with Tavon [Austin] and Beasley."

Tavon Austin: The Rams used Austin more at running back last season, but so far with the Cowboys he's primarily been at receiver. Austin will get a few carries during the season, but expect him to contribute much more at receiver lined up either in the slot or on the outside. Austin and Beasley are interchangeable, which lends itself to some creativity from play-caller Scott Linehan. Austin, Beasley and Hurns can turn short passes into long gains because of their yards-after-catch ability, something lacking with Dallas' receivers a year ago.

Terrance Williams: The Cowboys were deliberate with Williams early in camp because he missed most of the offseason recovering from a fractured foot that required surgery. The Cowboys remained supportive of Williams after his offseason arrest for public intoxication. Though he's started the last four seasons, his snap count could decline in 2018 because of the veteran additions of Hurns, Austin and Deonte Thompson and drafting Michael Gallup. Williams didn't have a touchdown catch a year ago, and the Cowboys want to see more big plays from him.

Michael Gallup: The Cowboys used a third-round pick to draft Gallup this offseason out of Colorado State, and he hasn't taken long to make a favorable impression. Gallup has struggled at times with drops in training camp, but almost every practice he's shown the ability for big plays. That spilled over into the preseason opener, when he caught a 30-yard touchdown pass from Prescott in the opening series.
"He's a young, moldable, future really good receiver if he keeps coming," new receivers coach Sanjay Lal said. "He has ups and downs, but he fights through the bad plays."

Others

Deonte Thompson: The Cowboys signed Thompson in the offseason to add a speedy deep threat to the roster. But he'll need a strong finish to training camp to ensure a roster spot. Thompson received some first-team reps early in camp, but he's missed most of the last week of practices because of a strained Achilles. He has a slight advantage for the final roster spot considering his history with Lal in Buffalo. Thompson's contract is one the Cowboys could easily move on from considering only $1 million of his deal was guaranteed.

Lance Lenoir: Lenoir, in his second year in Dallas, has some fans in the Cowboys' front office. Also, Prescott has raved about Lenoir in camp. Lenoir was one of the four receivers who went to Florida to work out with Prescott in the offseason. Lenoir has the versatility to line up at any receiving spot for the Cowboys and has consistently impressed coaches in training camp practices. Lenoir did have a few more drops in recent camp practices, but he had a touchdown catch in the preseason opener. He is making a push for the sixth receiver spot on the roster. Lenoir, however, is an easier cut for the Cowboys because he has practice-squad eligibility. After the preseason loss to the 49ers, Lenoir said, "I'm ready to beat the odds."

Noah Brown: Brown impressed Cowboys coaches as a rookie, earning the sixth receiver spot on the roster. Brown had a strong offseason as well and spent a lot of time catching passes from Prescott in an effort to improve his game and develop more chemistry with the quarterback. The 2017 seventh-round pick has been limited by a strained hamstring. The injury has him behind Thompson and Lenoir in the race for the final receiver spot.
Twitter: @DMN_George
Assassin
Assassin
Cowboys placed G/C Marcus Martin on injured reserve with a toe injury, ending his season.
Martin injured his toe in the preseason opener and needs surgery. With Martin being sent to I.R. ahead of Week 1, he is not eligible to be designated for return. Martin was competing to be active on game days as interior depth.

Aug 13 - 6:36 PM
Assassin
Cowboys activated DT Maliek Collins (foot) from active/PUP.
Collins broke his foot back in May at OTAs but passed his physical on Monday and will begin practicing with the team this week. He should be ready and conditioned in time for the Week 1 opener.
Assassin
good for him. Always liked this kid:

49ers signed RB Alfred Morris.

The 49ers have a banged up running back room, and few know coach Kyle Shanahan's system better than Morris. Morris' history with Shanahan could give him an outside shot at cracking the 53-man roster, but it is probably unlikely if everyone gets back to 100 percent health before cut-down day.
Assassin
The team also added two players to help cope with injury concerns on the roster. They signed workout wide receiver Darren Carrington, helping to fill out their receiver depth chart. Rookie wide out Marchie Murdock was waived/injured after suffering a foot injury during the preseason game against San Francisco.
Carrington comes to the roster after finishing his college career at Utah, where he recorded 66 catches for 918 yards and six touchdowns.

On top of that, offensive lineman Jacob Alsadek has also been added to the roster, while veteran guard Marcus Martin has been moved to injured reserve. Martin injured his toe in the game against the 49ers and will require season-ending surgery. Alsadek signed undrafted with Green Bay in the spring, but he was released toward the end of the Packers' offseason program.
Assassin
ex cowboy stuff;

#Redskins are releasing CB Orlando Scandrick, source says. Signed him to a two-year deal in the spring after getting cut by Dallas. Washington's younger corners have impressed. Scandrick has a shot to latch on with another team looking for a veteran.

Million dollar signing bonus in the bank for O
GoldMind
Assassin said:

ex cowboy stuff;

#Redskins are releasing CB Orlando Scandrick, source says. Signed him to a two-year deal in the spring after getting cut by Dallas. Washington's younger corners have impressed. Scandrick has a shot to latch on with another team looking for a veteran.

He's always a Cowboy to me
Assassin
Cowboys TE Rico Gathers knows he needs to be a more well-rounded player to make the 53-man roster.
Gathers made one of his patented highlight-reel catches on Sunday, but he knows he needs to show more than highlights to climb the depth chart. "Coming in, critiquing the blocking, and just being an every-day guy," Gathers said. "You can make that catch one day than, shoot, and you don't make no more catches for two weeks later like that. Coach doesn't like flash players." Gathers has the most receiving upside in Dallas' tight end corps, but he is behind Geoff Swaim, Blake Jarwin, and rookie Dalton Schultz in the pecking order right now.

Source: Fort Worth Star-Telegram
Aug 14 - 10:20 AM

Assassin
Assassin said:

ex cowboy stuff;

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports free agent CB Orlando Scandrick will visit the Chiefs.

Scandrick is supposedly drawing "significant interest." That wasn't the case when he was first on the market in March. The Chiefs are one of the most cornerback-poor teams in the league, and will likely sign Scandrick if he has anything left.
Assassin
sometimes the best moves are the ones you dont get to make... just think it we have moved up for Lynch. Never would have taken Dak...
===
Broncos GM John Elway said during a Tuesday radio appearance that the club might not "stand pat" with the current options behind starter Case Keenum.
"We've got to have confidence that that guy that's going to be the backup can play and win football games," Elway said. "Even though Chad [Kelly] played very well on Saturday night we'll see how he does this week but if something were to happen to Case, can he come in and continue to win football games for us? That's the big part of the evaluation process and that's still going on." Kelly was promoted to No. 2 following his performance (14-21-177-2-1) against the Vikings Saturday and will play with the second-string offense against the Bears this upcoming week. It sounds as if the Broncos and Elway have theoretically moved on from Lynch.
Related: Broncos

Source: Pro Football Talk
Aug 14 - 6:32 PM

Wichitabear
Me too
Assassin
Broadus on Jaylon today:

We continue to see Jaylon Smith being put in coverage situations and coming up big. Smith has been asked to carry receivers down the field as well as tight ends and running backs to the sideline, with no physical limitations or issues. His lateral agility and quickness have been impressive. One of his better snaps was when he had to carry Dalton Schultz across the field with a ton of space to deal with. Smith played the route perfectly, waiting until the just the right moment to put his hand in front of Schultz to bat Dak Prescott's pass to the ground.
Wichitabear
That's exciting and a relief to hear
BearForce
Anyone up for some DT shopping?

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/8/14/17688370/three-potential-trade-targets-at-defensive-tackle-for-the-dallas-cowboys
First Page Last Page
Page 189 of 851

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.