Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,093,243 Views | 29773 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by BearkatBear
BearForce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well you can either laugh or cry and I refuse to cry, so this to me was funny:

MilliVanilli
BearForce said:

BearForce said:

Embarrassing...and you know Dez is going to blow up Twitter
And here we go:
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/9/9/17839272/dez-bryant-says-cowboys-would-have-won-sunday-had-they-had-him-and-dan-bailey
He might be right, but they were cap burdens for the inconsistencies they had become.

Bailey had the myth of being money, but the statistical reality of declining dependability.

Bryant made highlight reels for pouting on the sideline more frequently than big-play catches the last couple of years.

BearForce
MilliVanilli said:

BearForce said:

BearForce said:

And here we go:
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/9/9/17839272/dez-bryant-says-cowboys-would-have-won-sunday-had-they-had-him-and-dan-bailey
He might be right, but they were cap burdens for the inconsistencies they had become.

Bailey had the myth of being money, but the statistical reality of declining dependability.

Bryant made highlight reels for pouting on the sideline more frequently than big-play catches the last couple of years.

Bailey likely would have made the kick but Dez I don't think gets any more open than any of the other receivers they had, and beside none of them play OL which was a big issue today, especially the left side with Tyron Smith and Connor Williams
MilliVanilli
BearForce said:

MilliVanilli said:

BearForce said:

BearForce said:

And here we go:

Bailey likely would have made the kick but Dez I don't think gets any more open than any of the other receivers they had, and beside none of them play OL which was a big issue today, especially the left side with Tyron Smith and Connor Williams
Yeah from elite to crap in so short a period is astonishing, i know Travis Frederick is out, but still.
Mitch Blood Green
GoldMind said:

tommie said:

It's gonna be a long year in Dallas if they don't start throwing deep.

I don't buy it.

If you don't throw over the top or you aren't a threat past 12 yards then the safety comes into play for run support.
Wichitabear
Calling Earl Thomas
Assassin
Russell Gym said:

Assassin said:

some guy just rammed his truck into a tree in front of our house on Swiss. Cops already here so they might have been chasing him

Couldn't care less about the Cowboys' woes. But, how is your tree faring after the crash?
still upright
Assassin
tommie said:

not Daks game. He's a dinker. Dink them to death. A fella in New Orleans has made a hell of a living doing just that
BearForce
Assassin said:

tommie said:

not Daks game. He's a dinker. Dink them to death. A fella in New Orleans has made a hell of a living doing just that

Agree but I think his point is you still have to take a shot every once in a while...Drew Brees will hit you with a bomb at midfield.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

tommie said:

Agree but I think his point is you still have to take a shot every once in a while...Drew Brees will hit you with a bomb at midfield.
absolutely. AFTER hes dinked you to death to set you up for the bomb
GoldMind
I'm just saying, you can dink and dunk to set up longer passes, but it's not like you need to be chuckin 5-6 bombs every half.

Assassin
GoldMind said:

I'm just saying, you can dink and dunk to set up longer passes, but it's not like you need to be chuckin 5-6 bombs every half.

Daks game is movement in the pocket, short to short-intermediate passes. He actually has an excellent group of WRs for that. Keep running the outside CBs to death with flag after post after flag patterns. But dink underneath - in front of, then behind the LBs.

BTW - Jarwin has some movement for a big guy. He was wide open yesterday a couple of times. Would love to see more from him
BearForce
Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Daks game is movement in the pocket, short to short-intermediate passes. He actually has an excellent group of WRs for that. Keep running the outside CBs to death with flag after post after flag patterns. But dink underneath - in front of, then behind the LBs.

BTW - Jarwin has some movement for a big guy. He was wide open yesterday a couple of times. Would love to see more from him

Yep, this offense should look like KC--west coast like with RPOs.
GoldMind
Y'all wanna win, put Rico in!!
Machiavelli
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

tommie said:

absolutely. AFTER hes dinked you to death to set you up for the bomb
That's just crazy talk right there, LOL!
BearForce
Check out @GermaineUnderw9's Tweet:
Assassin
Cowboys SS Xavier Woods (hamstring) is not expected to practice early in the week.
Woods sat out Week 1 with a severe strain. The defense held, pressuring Cam Newton while limiting him to 161 yards passing, but the secondary would still be upgraded immediately just by Woods' presence. The Cowboys host the Giants Sunday night.

Source: Todd Archer on Twitter
Sep 10 - 5:22 PM
Assassin
Cowboys signed OG Xavier Su'a-Filo.
Su'a-Filo worked out for Dallas last week. After losing Parker Ehinger to a knee injury, the Cowboys needed some depth along the offensive line.

Source: Schwartz and Feinsod on Twitter
Sep 10 - 12:21 PM

BearForce
Interesting breakdown of each offensive possession against the Panthers by BtB.com

It seems to match my summary that the OL and in particular Tyron Smith and Connor Williams got worked hard. Collins didn't do so well either and Looney did pretty good.

Also makes the point Dak better develop some poise in the pocket...his line is not even close to the worst lines Romo had in front of him. Dak keeps this up and I will nickname him Jim Prescott, in honor of Jim Everett and I think those of us old enough to remember Jim know what I am saying.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/9/10/17842326/charting-the-cowboys-offense-against-the-panthers-confirms-some-things-disproves-others
Wichitabear
Just how old is that?
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

Just how old is that?

Old enough my pretty...though not that old
Wichitabear
Lol
Ashley Hodge
Staff

Mosley podcast
Wichitabear
Thanks Ashley. Depressing to listen too
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Mosley is supposed to come over here soon.
Assassin
Updating an earlier report, Cowboys DE DeMarcus Lawrence (groin) returned to a full practice on Thursday.

That puts him on track to play Sunday night against the Giants. Lawrence was the Cowboys' top pass-rusher a year ago, leading the team with a career-high 14.5 sacks over 701 defensive snaps. He recorded one sack in last week's opener at Carolina.
Franko
Brian Ethridge said:

Will he be wearing sunglasses?
2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
2022 (Redshirt Sophomore)
Named second-team Academic All-Big 12 … Played in nine games off the bench, totaling seven tackles, including 1.5 for a loss … Went for three tackles, including a tackle for a loss in the win over Texas State … Had a stop at Iowa State … Had three tackles, including half a tackle for a loss, at West Virginia.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Franko said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Will he be wearing sunglasses?
He's out own Casey Neistat.
Assassin
Cowboys DE Randy Gregory (concussion) returned to practice Friday.
"He's been cleared to practice today, so we're certainly hopeful as we move forward," coach Jason Garrett said. Although Gregory has been medically cleared to practice, his availability for Sunday night remains a true question mark. DE Taco Charlton played 49 snaps with Gregory in and out in Week 1.

Source: DallasCowboys.com
Sep 14 - 1:18 PM
Assassin
Olivier Vernon (ankle) is out for Week 2 against the Cowboys.

Vernon is still dealing with a high-ankle sprain and has yet to play this season. The G-Men will again roll with Kareem Martin, Lorenzo Carter, and Connor Barwin off the edge. It's a positive for Dak Prescott in the pocket.
xiledinok
GM Jerry always leaves a hole in some position. This group of receivers would be led by Antonio Bryant if he were on the roster. I m thinking possible wildcard with this poor WR group.
Dez is a washed up crack baby. Let's hope he doesn't end up broke or go Joesph Randle after retirement.
Matt Mosley
What's up guys? I'm happy to talk a little Cowboys anytime. And yes, I am wearing sunglasses indoors as we speak. Hope you enjoy our Doomsday Podcast. Follow us on Facebook, subscribe on Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, etc. Let's beat Duke!!
Matt Mosley
Bryan and Ashley, thanks for posting the podcast!! We're doing big numbers this week. All my best. Mosley
BearForce
Welcome Matt...it will be interesting to see how things go Sunday evening as the Giants have posed a bit of a challenge for Dak in the past.
trumpetbear
Hey Matt,

Used to love keeping up with your NFC Beast blog on espn.

2 questions:

1. What's the biggest thing that the Cowboys need to address right now?

2. Should I get this Dallas Cowboys Super Bowl LIII Champs tattoo removed?
First Page Last Page
Page 201 of 851

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.