Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,090,300 Views | 29569 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by Assassin
KOKQB70
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Down 17-14, good comeback, now kick butt n 2nd half.
BearForce
KOK QB 70 said:

Down 17-14, good comeback, now kick butt n 2nd half.

Yep, gotta stop them coming right out as they get the second half kickoff. Gotta figure out the TE and RB coverage.
canoso
The Cowboys will not sniff another Super Bowl, much less win one, as long as Jerry Jones is in any way associated with the franchise.
GoldMind
canoso said:

The Cowboys will not sniff another Super Bowl, much less win one, as long as Jerry Jones is in any way associated with the franchise.

Leave, and have intercourse with yourself
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
bexar country
That last minute and a half was about the worst time and game management I have seen.
geewago
bexar country said:

That last minute and a half was about the worst time and game management I have seen.
Has a lot to do with coaching
BearForce
I think this game will put a solid nail in Garrett's coffin as at this point its shown he has a defense that cannot stop anyone with a good running game and an offense that so badly wants to dictate the run that it will do it to cut off its nose despite it's face.

I have to say our LB corps once again got exposed tonight for the overrated crew that it is at this point. They cannot defend screens, route running RBs, and most certainly cannot cover TEs. Lee could in his prime but the two young kids just can't do it and you can't fix that in season.

This team is done...and so is Garrett.
Assassin
bexar country said:

would have to agree with you. you drive down the field using the short pass game and deep outs perfectly. Yet you abandon them when you get in the Red Zone
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
With 4:34 to play, Dak Prescott had everything he wanted: the ball and a chance to win the game.

He completed five of six passes to get the Cowboys to the Minnesota 11 with 1:33 to play. But on a night when he threw for 388 yards and had touchdown passes to Amari Cooper, Michael Gallup and Randall Cobb, the Cowboys took the ball out of his hand on second and third down. Instead, new coordinator Kellen Moore opted for consecutive Ezekiel Elliott runs even though Elliott did not have a carry longer than 6 yards all night.

"In normal circumstances you would think we would give it to Zeke a couple of times," Jason Garrett said. "Second (down), inside 2 yards, we're going to make that first down, which it didn't happen in this game."
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
GoldMind
I've stood by Garrett for a long time, but idk anymore
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Wichitabear
Just kept giving it to Zeke. Knowing he had not picked up major yardage the whole game! We should have and could have won this game!!!!!!
George Truett
Play selection was a mystery.

Three downs to pick up 2 yards?

On 4th down, looked like Dak had decided where he was throwing it, and that was it.

Don't understand why you don't have some kind of QB run option on 3rd or 4th down.

Looks like Jer has put together yet another mediocre team.
BearForce
George Truett said:

On 4th down, looked like Dak had decided where he was throwing it, and that was it.

Don't understand why you don't have some kind of QB run option on 3rd or 4th down.

Second and third down were RPOs to Dak needs to own that and on 4th down, agree why the hell are you going to Zeke on that play instead of the following list:

Cooper
Gallup
Cobb
Witten
Jarwin

As great as Dak played that final series in the red zone was bad by him, and the previously one where we got the field goal was equally bad by the coaching staff.

And lets not forget the defense who basically allowed Minnesota to play keep away for most of the second half. This game should show that this team is going no where, that it needs a rebuild in the interior line, that it has LB issues in coverage, but most of all is disadvantaged with the collective group on headsets.
trey3216
BearForce said:

George Truett said:

Second and third down were RPOs to Dak needs to own that and on 4th down, agree why the hell are you going to Zeke on that play instead of the following list:

Cooper
Gallup
Cobb
Witten
Jarwin

As great as Dak played that final series in the red zone was bad by him, and the previously one where we got the field goal was equally bad by the coaching staff.

And lets not forget the defense who basically allowed Minnesota to play keep away for most of the second half. This game should show that this team is going no where, that it needs a rebuild in the interior line, that it has LB issues in coverage, but most of all is disadvantaged with the collective group on headsets.
they shouldn't have even been RPO's. There really wasn't another place to deliver the ball on 4th &5. I watched it about 8 times
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Wichitabear
Not going to argue with that
BearForce
Probably a positive given his play...

Connor Williams will have surgery on his knee Tuesday but the hope is he will be able to return after a few weeks. Xavier Su'a-Filo will likely move into the left guard role, which is how the Cowboys handled Williams' absence last year because of a knee scope.

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer
1h ago
Machiavelli
GoldMind said:

What happened to only rainbows and lollipops allowed on this thread? Does this mean we (lifelong huge Cowboy fans) can finally have a frank conversation about the massive shortcomings of this staff?

Of so, I give my criticism of Marinelli's horrible scheme (offered while we were 3-0) as Exhibit A. It's a failure on so many levels it's almost comical. Whatever positives we once saw have been figured out and are being exploited.

1) Our overpursuit and horrible outside containment are being used against us.

2) The 1-tech as a staple but also not willing to put any resources into it is an utter failure.

3) The belief that turnovers only come from pressure.

4) Our stubborn refusal to address the safety position.

5) Trysten Hill, while not a system problem, is totally on Marinelli and also feeds into #4. He found a texting buddy and force fed him to the rest of the staff to the detriment of all of us stakeholders.

Now for Jason Garrett. Fear is in his DNA. He always reverts back to fear of failing at the most critical, most stressful times. He's not a dumb person but becomes paralyzed with fear during games. We kicked 3 times from 4th and manageable from around the Minnesota 40 Sunday night. Then factor in the way he forced Zeke the ball when the Vikings had 8 in the box on that last (full) drive, and we've literally seen that same game dozens of times, with only the names on the jerseys different.

We've got to get a head coach that at least uses advanced analytics to help him make decisions based on expected percentages, not on gut feeling or fear of failure. Baltimore and New England are currently the two best at that IMO and look where they are this year.

I'd like to see Marinelli and Garrett put on a rocket ship straight to the sun. Then I'd like to see what Richard can do as HC and Moore do as OC (with no meddling). There's a chance this team can still rally and make the playoffs. And we're plenty talented to make noise if we do. Just not with Garrett & Marinelli.

My $.02.

GoldMind
Machiavelli said:

GoldMind said:

What happened to only rainbows and lollipops allowed on this thread? Does this mean we (lifelong huge Cowboy fans) can finally have a frank conversation about the massive shortcomings of this staff?

Of so, I give my criticism of Marinelli's horrible scheme (offered while we were 3-0) as Exhibit A. It's a failure on so many levels it's almost comical. Whatever positives we once saw have been figured out and are being exploited.

1) Our overpursuit and horrible outside containment are being used against us.

2) The 1-tech as a staple but also not willing to put any resources into it is an utter failure.

3) The belief that turnovers only come from pressure.

4) Our stubborn refusal to address the safety position.

5) Trysten Hill, while not a system problem, is totally on Marinelli and also feeds into #4. He found a texting buddy and force fed him to the rest of the staff to the detriment of all of us stakeholders.

Now for Jason Garrett. Fear is in his DNA. He always reverts back to fear of failing at the most critical, most stressful times. He's not a dump person but becomes paralyzed with fear during games. We kicked 3 times from 4th and manageable from around the Minnesota 40 Sunday night. Then factor in the way he forced Zeke the ball when the Vikings had 8 in the box on that last (full) drive, and we've literally seen that same game dozens of times, with only the names on the jerseys different.

We've got to get a head coach that at least uses advanced analytics to help him make decisions based on expected percentages, not on gut feeling or fear of failure. Baltimore and New England are currently the two best at that IMO and look where they are this year.

My $.02.

Saying I'm not 100% on the HC is a far cry from **** talk.
Machiavelli
Fair enough, but if you are even remotely objective, you know what I'm saying is true. I can promise you, no one wants the Cowboys to win more than me.
GoldMind
Machiavelli said:

Fair enough, but if you are even remotely objective, you know what I'm saying is true. I can promise you, no one wants the Cowboys to win more than me.

I have never nor now understand why ppl talk down on teams they claim to be fans of.

My uncle has an entire room of his house dedicated to the Dallas Cowboys and to hear him talk you would swear he hated them like poison. I can't stand that *****
Machiavelli
GoldMind said:

Machiavelli said:

I have never nor now understand why ppl talk down on teams they claim to be fans of.

My uncle has an entire room of his house dedicated to the Dallas Cowboys and to hear him talk you would swear he hated them like poison. I can't stand that *****
Will to be honest I don't really give a ***** I think a fan should be able to call it how they see it, so that's how I'm going to do it, albeit not constantly. Feel free to put me on ignore if you want to keep your head in the sand.
Machiavelli
Then there's this.

I'm an idiot and can't share a tweet but Garrett is 1-13 when he doesn't have Romo or Dak at QB.
GoldMind
Machiavelli said:

GoldMind said:

Machiavelli said:

Will to be honest I don't really give a ***** I think a fan should be able to call it how they see it, so that's how I'm going to do it, albeit not constantly. Feel free to put me on ignore if you want to keep your head in the sand.

I like laughing at you too much to ever block you.
Assassin
Machiavelli said:

Then there's this.

I'm an idiot and can't share a tweet but Garrett is 1-13 when he doesn't have Romo or Dak at QB.
great stat
Assassin
interesting.

Quote:

Defensive lineman Michael Bennett said his trade to the Dallas Cowboys did not include a conversation with owner and general manager Jerry Jones regarding standing for the national anthem before the acquisition became official.

Bennett has stood on the sideline for his first two games with the Cowboys after staying in the locker room during the anthem when he was with the New England Patriots.

Bennett told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram he is standing for the anthem because his teammates asked him to.

Assassin
Interesting

Quote:

The Cowboys reworked Bennett's contract after the trade, lowering his base salary and transferring money into incentives, while also deleting the final year of his deal, which could allow him to be an unrestricted free agent after this season. He turns 34 on Wednesday.

"I don't know, it could be my last year in the NFL," Bennett said. "I've been thinking about what's the best thing for my family, what's the best thing health-wise in the future, so I just take it one game at a time now, one year a time. If an opportunity is a great opportunity. ... But right now, it's just enjoying this game, enjoying these seven games and playing football. Just enjoying myself, trying to be a kid out there again. I'm the old man right now, but at the same time, I'm trying to stay as young as I can."
Seems to me we got a great add to the team with Bennett. Might be a good idea to plant the seed for next couple of seasons with his agent
Assassin
ESPN Dallas

Quote:

The Cowboys' final seven opponents have a combined record of 32-30-1. They have to play at Detroit, at New England, at Chicago and at Philadelphia. They play 6-3 Buffalo on Thanksgiving and the 5-4 Los Angeles Rams at AT&T Stadium.

There are so many questions for a Dallas team in need of more wins: They close the season at home against the 1-8 Washington Redskins, but will that game have any significance? Will quarterback Matthew Stafford be able to play for the Lions on Sunday (1 p.m. ET, Fox) because of a back injury? Do you think the Cowboys can win in Foxborough, Massachusetts? How cold will it be at Soldier Field on Dec. 5? Will the Cowboys have answers for a tough Buffalo defense on a short week? Will the Rams' offense continue to struggle?

The Eagles' final seven opponents have a combined record of 27-38. They play New England and Seattle in back-to-back weeks coming off their bye, but those games are at home. Four of their final five games are against Miami (2-7), the New York Giants (2-8) and Washington.

Assassin
Quote:

QB of the Week: Dak Prescott, Dallas Cowboys ESPN Next Gen Stats

Prescott's raw numbers were impressive enough. He completed 28 of 46 passes for 397 yards and three touchdowns against a Vikings defense that entered the game ranked No. 9 in defensive DVOA, and his one interception came on a final-play Hail Mary. But the degree of difficulty of those completions merits further inspection.

Five of them -- three to receiver Amari Cooper and one apiece to Randall Cobb and Michael Gallup -- carried completion probabilities of less than 30%, according to NFL Next Gen Stats. That's the most by a quarterback in one game in the past two seasons. Using this metric (which takes into account the proximity of pass rush and distance between the target and the closest defender, among other data points), Prescott recorded five of the 17 most-difficult completions in Week 10.

Cobb's 22-yard touchdown reception might have been the most notable of the bunch. There were 0.2 yards between him and Vikings cornerback Mackensie Alexander, the lowest separation on a scoring pass this season.

Dak Prescott & Randall Cobb's 22-yard TD had a 23.7% Completion Probability, Prescott's 3rd completion of the game under 30%.

Cobb had 0.2 yards of separation from Mackensie Alexander when the pass arrived, the lowest separation on a TD this season.#MINvsDAL | #DallasCowboys

Prescott was especially effective on third downs on Sunday night, completing 10 of 14 passes, including nine for first-down conversions. On third-and-7 or greater, he completed all six of his passes and converted five first downs.

All of this came while pushing the ball downfield at an exceptional pace. Prescott's average pass traveled 12.3 yards past the line of scrimmage, the second-longest average target depth for a game in his career. He completed 15 passes that traveled more than 10 yards downfield, a career high.

It's only fair to note that Prescott benefited from superior foot (and hand) work from his receivers. Cooper was especially successful keeping his feet in bounds on sideline catches. Prescott's pass protection was strong, as well. He was pressured on only 23.5% of his dropbacks even though he held the ball for an average of 3.24 seconds, the longest time in the league for Week 10.

But one of the most difficult jobs for a quarterback is to put the ball in a place where only his receivers can catch it, and Prescott did that Sunday as well as any quarterback has done all season.

and we ran it... twice...
Wichitabear
Well that's good. Great decision
Wichitabear
Ran it twice ?
GoldMind
Wichitabear said:

Ran it twice ?
1-2
Wichitabear
I just thought we ran it more than that with Zeke. Mr. Smarty. Lol
Assassin
Ezekiel Elliott has been held below 50 yds rushing in 4 of 49 regular season games he's played w/ Cowboys. Dallas has lost each one.

11-10-19 _ Minnesota _ 20-47 yds
9-29-19 _ at New Orleans _ 18-35 yds
10-21-19 _ at Washington _ 15-33 yds
9-17-17 _ at Denver _ 9-8 yds
Assassin
Wichitabear
Wonderful
First Page Last Page
Page 354 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.