Roll Call for BYU: Who's going? Where are you staying?

6,952 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BYUTexan80
TXWayne
How long do you want to ignore this user?
For folks needing parking for the game what are you doing? Looking for options, driving down from Park City.
TXWayne
TXWayne said:

For folks needing parking for the game what are you doing? Looking for options, driving down from Park City.
Answered my own question:

https://www.utahvalley.com/blog/post/byu-home-game-parking/

Free parking on there.
Jack Bauer
RG3 will be calling the game.

Talent: Mark Jones (pxp), Robert Griffin III (analyst), Quint Kessenich (sideline)
BYUTexan80
Jack Bauer said:

RG3 will be calling the game.

Talent: Mark Jones (pxp), Robert Griffin III (analyst), Quint Kessenich (sideline)
That's a solid broadcasting play-by-play team.
jugOSO
Flying in Thursday to Salt Lake City, then staying in Provo Friday - Monday. Any recommendations for Salt Lake City for Thursday? Is Sugar House the place to be?
BYUTexan80
jugOSO said:

Flying in Thursday to Salt Lake City, then staying in Provo Friday - Monday. Any recommendations for Salt Lake City for Thursday? Is Sugar House the place to be?
Not too familiar with SLC other then Temple Square area is pretty neat to explore. Downtown SLC is probably as close to the Urban nightlife scene as it gets in Utah, so I wouldn't have much else to recommend for SLC (it's definitely not like Deep Elum or Austin 6th Street).
PantherCityOso
Going + 5 BU fans. Staying at our family house by Deer Valley.
Wacomamabear
Just joining the party here. Putting this trip together last minute. Have a room reserved at AC Marriott and might take the bus in that is being offered. Other than that- I would love to meet other Bear fans or even mingle with our friendly hosts. I will be on my own and looking up tickets to be near other fans
BYUTexan80
Wacomamabear said:

Just joining the party here. Putting this trip together last minute. Have a room reserved at AC Marriott and might take the bus in that is being offered. Other than that- I would love to meet other Bear fans or even mingle with our friendly hosts. I will be on my own and looking up tickets to be near other fans
There's about 200-300 tickets left in the north endzone near the visitor section still available on BYU's ticket website for about $85.

https://byutickets.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3ABYU%3AF22%3AE01%3A&linkID=byu&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=FB&cgc=&dataAccId=789&locale=en_US&siteId=ev_byu
John Hawk
Car is packed up and about to leave for the 10 hour drive from Foothill Ranch, CA to Provo. See you there.
TXWayne
I need to finish packing, DAL -> SLC at 0930 tomorrow.
TXWayne
Bringing the appropriate coffee for the weekend at our VRBO!
TXWayne
In case you have not looked at the bag policy for the stadium, it is a NO BAG policy but allows a small clutch no larger than 5x8x1 which is pretty dang small. The smallest TXJoyce has is 6x10x1 and wondering how strict they are.
BYUTexan80
TXWayne said:

In case you have not looked at the bag policy for the stadium, it is a NO BAG policy but allows a small clutch no larger than 5x8x1 which is pretty dang small. The smallest TXJoyce has is 6x10x1 and wondering how strict they are.
Why not call the ticket office and ask?
TXWayne
BYUTexan80 said:

TXWayne said:

Why not call the ticket office and ask?

Too late, just realized the one she has is slightly to big and we leave early tomorrow morning. Besides I would expect the answer to be we follow our policy, I was looking for what actually happens.
savagefund
Utah fan here. Excited to see this game. For those of you staying in Park City you may want to take the back way to Provo. Take US40 thru Heber City and then turn down Provo Canyon past Deer Creek Reservoir.. It is a very pretty drive and you avoid the lousy traffic between Salt Lake and Provo that is the norm on BYU game days.
william
safe travels to all......

- KKM

need a field report: re the cougar tail*

TIA.

* the giant donut - just in case anyone was wondering.

pro ecclesia, pro javelina
TXWayne
savagefund said:

Utah fan here. Excited to see this game. For those of you staying in Park City you may want to take the back way to Provo. Take US40 thru Heber City and then turn down Provo Canyon past Deer Creek Reservoir.. It is a very pretty drive and you avoid the lousy traffic between Salt Lake and Provo that is the norm on BYU game days.

Planned that going down but probably via SLC going back because late.
John Hawk
John Hawk said:

Car is packed up and about to leave for the 10 hour drive from Foothill Ranch, CA to Provo. See you there.
I have arrived and I'm staying at the Spring Hill Suites within walking distance.This is the view from the hotel and that's the stadium on the left

I have a friend in Spanish Fork who says Backdoor BRGR is the place to go for a good burger. Heading there tonight
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Been here since Wednesday and enjoyed the drive across all the desert and valleys.

Brian Ethridge
Staff

IowaBear
Awesome photos! Wish I was able to make an actual trip out of it. Leaving on the bike 4 hrs. Gonna be a trip consisting of like 90% riding and 10% fun but I'm ready!
Wangchung
Sitting outside Austin Executive, headed to Vegas tonight and game tomorrow. This game just might turn out to be a spectacular slugfest.
BYUTexan80
Wangchung said:

Sitting outside Austin Executive, headed to Vegas tonight and game tomorrow. This game just might turn out to be a spectacular slugfest.
Should be a good one, though I'm more then a bit nervous lol.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.