Check this seat out at Tennessee

4,496 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by caesarscott
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Jayman1963
An Aggy must have been responsible for building that part of the stadium.
Johnny Bear
It's probably mostly if not all because of prior stadium seating expansion(s), but it does seem that multiple SEC stadiums have about as many or more bad seats (particularly in the end zones) as they have good to decent sideline seats.
bear2be2
I hope there's a jumbotron not pictured in that end zone.
drahthaar
Jayman1963 said:

An Aggy must have been responsible for building that part of the stadium.
I seem to recall they had some "glitches" like that in their remake of Kyle.
HarryMehre
No surprise there. Tennessee has the worst stadium in the SEC. An 85,000 seat stadium with an 100,000 seat capacity. Abandoned dormitory rooms built into it and held together by rust.

There is a Jumbotron in that end zone.

And it can get loud in there. Crazy loud. This Saturday it will be like sitting in an engine of a 747.
PartyBear
Interesting. All the seats way up there are chair seats rather than bleachers.
gobears20
Staff
Big_Pumpin
HarryMehre said:

No surprise there. Tennessee has the worst stadium in the SEC. An 85,000 seat stadium with an 100,000 seat capacity. Abandoned dormitory rooms built into it and held together by rust.

And it can get loud in there. Crazy loud. This Saturday it will be like sitting in an engine of a 747.

I wonder if they have a DJ. Got to have a DJ.
EatMoreSalmon
gobears20 said:

I foresee several long "trips to the restroom", "visits to the concession stand", "talking to a friend"....
Jack Bauer
They may burn down Neyland if they beat Alabama...

RESULTS:
(AWAY) 2021/10/23 Tennessee 24 - Alabama 52 L
(HOME) 2020/10/24 Tennessee 17 - Alabama 48 L
(AWAY) 2019/10/19 Tennessee 13 - Alabama 35 L
(HOME) 2018/10/20 Tennessee 21 - Alabama 58 L
(AWAY) 2017/10/21 Tennessee 7 - Alabama 45 L
(HOME) 2016/10/15 Tennessee 10 - Alabama 49 L
(AWAY) 2015/10/24 Tennessee 14 - Alabama 19 L
(HOME) 2014/10/25 Tennessee 20 - Alabama 34 L
(AWAY) 2013/10/26 Tennessee 10 - Alabama 45 L
(HOME) 2012/10/20 Tennessee 13 - Alabama 44 L
(AWAY) 2011/10/22 Tennessee 6 - Alabama 37 L
(HOME) 2010/10/23 Tennessee 10 - Alabama 41 L
(AWAY) 2009/10/24 Tennessee 10 - Alabama 12 L
(HOME) 2008/10/25 Tennessee 9 - Alabama 29 L
(AWAY) 2007/10/20 Tennessee 17 - Alabama 41 L
Jack Bauer
He can pay $1000 to watch the game on his phone!
whitetrash
A few years ago my former BU roommate tweeted out this pic of the view from his seat on his first visit to Wrigley Field. It explained why his seat was relatively cheap and available.

blackie
I think I've had a couple of dreams in my lifetime where I was at a baseball stadium and there were seats where you could not see the field. Your straight-line view was other fans who could see the field. Perhaps this designer was also dreaming.
Jack Bauer
Has anyone paid for these seats?

Spend $$$ for a view of players on the sideline?

boykin_spaniel
Worst stadium in the SEC? Many consider it near the top with its position along the river. One of 3 schools with sailgating. BU, UW, and the real UT.
Are parts old, such as the exterior? Yes. But what really makes a stadium are the people in it. 100,000 people belting rocky top at the top of their lungs is quite an experience.

Vanderbilt stadium? Sucks. If it's even half full it's 80% away fans. Been to many a game.
Kiffin announced he was giving up trying to fill Vaught Hemingway. It's all about the party outside in Oxford, which to be fair is probably the best in the country.
PartyBear
OU probably wishes they had Huepel as HC. I admit I underestimated him. I thought since he took over a great situation at UCF and then it declined under him Tennessee was not making a good move. Of course now that I have said this watch Tennesse lose out now.
IowaBear
When I was 16 my family was headed to Florida for vacation. We happened to stop in Knoxville, parked right by Neyland. Walked right into the stadium and onto the field. This was in the middle of June. Stadium definitely needs sone updates as it's old. But as far as sheer size it's huge. I can imagine it's quite intimidating for opponents when Tennessee is good
EatMoreSalmon
Jack Bauer said:

Has anyone paid for these seats?

Spend $$$ for a view of players on the sideline?

Are those sideline seats or converted stalls for the annual rodeo?
PartyBear
IowaBear said:

Bacon 16 my family was headed to Florida for vacation. We happened to stop in Knoxville, parked right by Neyland. Walked right into the stadium and onto the field. This was in the middle of June. Stadium definitely needs sone updates as it's old. But as far as sheer size it's huge. I can imagine it's quite intimidating for opponents when Tennessee is good
It is slightly smaller than Kyle Field for perspective.
IowaBear
Have yet to get to Kyle Field. My goal is to see every d1 football stadium. Lane Stadium is the coolest I've been in so far.
BearlyBeloved
PartyBear said:

OU probably wishes they had Huepel as HC. I admit I underestimated him. I thought since he took over a great situation at UCF and then it declined under him Tennessee was not making a good move. Of course now that I have said this watch Tennesse lose out now.
I like Heupel.

I saw him play against LSU for the national title in the Sugar Bowl. One of the gutsiest QB's I've ever seen, putting himself at great to stand up against the rush even when he's about to be smashed.

bear2be2
whitetrash said:

A few years ago my former BU roommate tweeted out this pic of the view from his seat on his first visit to Wrigley Field. It explained why his seat was relatively cheap and available.

It's a joke that teams sell seats like this at all. It's nothing more than corporate greed run amok.

These aren't "obstructed view" seats. Your view is of the pole, and it's quite clear.
BUGWBBear
Looks like Alamodome seating
Jack Bauer
bear2be2 said:

whitetrash said:

It's a joke that teams sell seats like this at all. It's nothing more than corporate greed run amok.

These aren't "obstructed view" seats. Your view is of the pole, and it's quite clear.

Pole view!!!

Not what I was expecting....
whitetrash
bear2be2 said:

whitetrash said:

Epilogue: he and his wife were rescued by Cubs season ticket holder nearby who had a couple of extra unused seats.
Fre3dombear
IowaBear said:

Have yet to get to Kyle Field. My goal is to see every d1 football stadium. Lane Stadium is the coolest I've been in so far.

You're missing nothing
HarryMehre
boykin_spaniel said:

Worst stadium in the SEC? Many consider it near the top with its position along the river. One of 3 schools with sailgating. BU, UW, and the real UT.
Are parts old, such as the exterior? Yes. But what really makes a stadium are the people in it. 100,000 people belting rocky top at the top of their lungs is quite an experience.

Vanderbilt stadium? Sucks. If it's even half full it's 80% away fans. Been to many a game.
Kiffin announced he was giving up trying to fill Vaught Hemingway. It's all about the party outside in Oxford, which to be fair is probably the best in the country.
Looking at the river is nice, but most of the stadium stinks. By far the worst visitor seating in the SEC.

I once read a description of his preparation to go to a game at Rocky Top and sit in the upper deck visitors seats. He said to prepare you needed to nail a child's car seat to the roof of a two-story house. Sit in it for 3-4 hours without going to the restroom and concession stand. Have a never-ending loop pf Rocky Top playing for 3-4 hours. That isn't too far from the truth.

You are right about being there when the Vols are good. Amazing experience with the crowd noise. Like I said, sitting inside a 747 jet engine.

Vanderbilt stadium? Yes, it sucks. However, it's not bad to view a game there. Like a big high school stadium. Also, you can probably see your parked car from your seats. Always at least 80% visitors. Sells out when Georgia, Alabama and Tennessee visit.

Ole Miss tailgating is overrated. Almost all of it is in the Grove. The Grove used to be cool, but now it is WAY overcrowded. They line the tents up side by side and make streets out of them. I liked it a whole lot better when there was a lot less people and less restricted. A victim of its own positive publicity.

The Big 6 SEC schools have tailgating much bigger and just as good as Ole Miss.
Media Bear
gobears20 said:

This is prolly a better option. Cheaper too ...

SIC EM 94
Big_Pumpin said:

HarryMehre said:

I wonder if they have a DJ. Got to have a DJ.

Of course, just blare Pitbull over Rocky Top and call anyone that has an issue with it "Boomer"!
4yrletterbear
My father played in Neyland when he was at Vanderbilt.

I loved in Knoxville in the early 90's. Great location. Not a good stadium.
boykin_spaniel
One of the reasons the stadium can get so loud is the vertical design of it. If in the upper deck yes it feels like you might fall out of your outdated seat and free fall onto the field, but I'll take that over a bland atmosphere.

Vandy is an easy stadium to park and enter, because no one goes besides the aforementioned away fans. I also deduct points for the university making it somewhat difficult for students to attend games. They can't enter the stadium after kickoff. Running a few minutes late from cleaning up the tailgate? Tough luck.

Haven't been to the tailgates at all the big 6 but did find Georgia a little too spread out for my liking. Fans were friendly but not inviting. I do really like Sanford Stadium though.
Jack Bauer
Tennessee Fans are a special bunch.

atomicblast
BUGWBBear said:

Looks like Alamodome seating
Alamodome seating is actually really nice! Chair back seating throughout and its indoor, no hot as hell San Antonio summer day games.
Jack Bauer
I'll say it was worth it
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.