Football
Sponsored by

Should we hire Kliff Kingsbury?

6,800 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Mitch Henessey
jimdue
How long do you want to ignore this user?
KK will probably either go to the booth or perhaps the Nick Saban or Kirby Smart rehabilitation program as a highly paid OC or QB coach. I agree with the sentiment of a lot on this board that he is an example of a guy who has lucked into high paying gigs where he was marginally deserving at best.
DAC
You geniuses think Mahomes is the only qb he's coached? Go look at his career and all the successful qbs he has had. There's no way he's coming to coach at baylor especially as a position coach lol. If he was interested in an OC job u give him all the money available
Stefano DiMera
I mean it was a consensual affair between of age adults..and she was in Football Operations reported to him..but that wasn't as much of the issue as he lied to his athletic director and missed government funds..

BUGWBBear
And keep the clipboard holding duties from a grad? Hell no!
Fre3dombear
He was fired by cardinals?
rmurray
No
Fre3dombear
Then why would we be thinking we'd hire an employee nfl headnCoach to be OC at baylor? Weird thread
cowboycwr
Fre3dombear said:

He was fired by cardinals?

Yes he was.
MarcelloSwisher
To be fair those Tech teams had some of the worst defense of all time. Worse than us under Phil Bennett. Offense wasn't the problem and that's what we would be hiring him for in the unlikely event it happened.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Maybe he will still pick up a call from Waco

broncko
GoodOleBaylorLine said:

No

End of discussion

Haha
JTM
Let's just hire Urban Meyer + Art as our analysts and call it a day.
historian
Maybe for QB coach if they move Bell somewhere else. He did have some success doing that: he coached Johnny Manziel to a Heisman & he coached Patrick Mahomes. Admittedly, Mahomes's college record wasn't the best but he had enough talent to become an NFL starter & Super Bowl MVP.

I'm only half serious anyway because I don't see Aranda offering him the job & I doubt he would want to go from NFL HC to a college position coach.
william
Go Bears!
BUBBFAN
I would take him as OC in a heartbeat
RegentCoverup
boognish_bear said:

Maybe he will still pick up a call from Waco

He does strike me as the kind of guy that pays for it.
EvilTroyAndAbed
He will either be on an NFL staff or in the booth or away from the game next season. He will not be on a college staff.
Stefano DiMera
Young...good looking...rich...large mansion in the valley...model girlfriend...

One way ticket to Thailand sounds like a plea for help!

That said..it's been quite a world wind turn of events since that Baylor Tech game in 2018 that got Kliff fired for both him and Rhule.
historian
Most likely. I cannot imagine why he would want to return to a college job. He could also retire at a very young age. No doubt he's already a multi-millionaire so he has no compelling financial reason to return to work soon, unless he's also a spendthrift.
RegentCoverup
Stefano DiMera said:

Young...good looking...rich...large mansion in the valley...model girlfriend...

One way ticket to Thailand sounds like a plea for help!

That said..it's been quite a world wind turn of events since that Baylor Tech game in 2018 that got Kliff fired for both him and Rhule.
yeah, the amount of money chasing a small amount of success is interesting..
RegentCoverup
historian said:

Most likely. I cannot imagine why he would want to return to a college job. He could also retire at a very young age. No doubt he's already a multi-millionaire so he has no compelling financial reason to return to work soon, unless he's also a spendthrift.
He strikes me as someone that still hasn't tamed his lifestyle enough to know how much he needs to retire.
Plus, most of these guys are doing it for ego. They see people on the screen and they tell themselves it should be them and they want to compete.

And he's young. Gotta think there is five more years left in the tank easy. Problem is, it's at a pay cut.

The situations where he can be a success get smaller
historian
Money shouldn't be that big of an issue unless he's too proud to rake a pay cut. If he's smart, he has a healthy nest egg for the rest of us life.
boognish_bear
He may not pick up Aranda's call right now

Limited IQ Redneck in PU
thanks for the good post Boognish.

I would hire him as OC if I could. Baylor cant so this is just a big what if rthread. Fun to dream.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
RegentCoverup
historian said:

Money shouldn't be that big of an issue unless he's too proud to rake a pay cut. If he's smart, he has a healthy nest egg for the rest of us life.
You're right, it shouldn't. But apparently his ego is unreal.

FTR, I'm impressed he chose Thailand, that's a world class sense of adventure.

ScottS
Think KK could even survive one night in Bangkok?
Aliceinbubbleland
jimdue said:

KK will probably either go to the booth or perhaps the Nick Saban or Kirby Smart rehabilitation program as a highly paid OC or QB coach. I agree with the sentiment of a lot on this board that he is an example of a guy who has lucked into high paying gigs where he was marginally deserving at best.
Probably a better question would be Could We Hire KK. Answer, probably not.
montypython
Stefano DiMera said:

Lord ..do you guys honestly think someone who has been a HC in NFL whether failed or not is gonna take a coordinator position in college.

I was thinking exactly the same thing, with added curse words
RegentCoverup
Aliceinbubbleland said:

jimdue said:

Probably a better question would be Could We Hire KK. Answer, probably not.
I've been around since people told me Kevin Steele would "turn this thing around."

And that Tommie Frazier was a "winner."

The point isn't whether it will happen or not, the point is what it would take to make it happen,

And that answer for this always the same, great big piles of cash,
cowboycwr
montypython said:

Stefano DiMera said:

Lord ..do you guys honestly think someone who has been a HC in NFL whether failed or not is gonna take a coordinator position in college.

I was thinking exactly the same thing, with added curse words
It happens.
Ghostrider
GoldenBear007 said:

Should we hire someone with a losing record in college and losing record in NFL. Hmm….
Rhule is 4 college losses from being in that category.
Ghostrider
We'd have to pay KK $15mm
CaseyBu72
G J Kinne just hired by Texas State……he is HC but has a great history as an OC at UCF….. great young man …!!
May need to watch as we play 'em first game… should be interesting
Bill Vahrenkamp
CaseyBu72
GJ is the son of former bears player Gary Kinne…..
Bill Vahrenkamp
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.