Photo by Jack Mackenzie - SicEm365
Baylor Basketball

This is an Aggressive and Tough Schedule | Mack Rhoades

February 1, 2023

Mack Rhoades, Baylor Director of Athletics joins 365 Sports to discuss his thoughts on the Baylor football schedule, his thoughts on the college football playoff expansion, and more.

Discussion from...

This is an Aggressive and Tough Schedule | Mack Rhoades

3,813 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by JTM
EatMoreSalmon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am very certain Mack would never say, "We have the easiest schedule we've had in years!" even if it was true.

It is what it is. Home games galore is a real plus.
Bakersdozen
I agree. How can anyone call 8 home games a difficult schedule? We don't play OU or BYU. Our travel games are Florida, Ohio, Fort Worth and Lawrence.

I would say that is pretty good.
BluesBear
Seriously asking...but I don't see a game on the calendar that is not in reach of a W.....the 2 game swing post the off week is a good hurdle but c'mon Mack....
Quinton
Aggressive and tough = easiest schedule in years. But I get the oversell.
whitetrash
FWIW, twice in the modern era (post-1970) we have had only 4 road games: 1977 (Nebraska, UT, UH and Ark) and 1992 (Tech, aggy, Rice, TCU).

We went 0-4 on the road in 77 and 1-3 in 92. Both years we went 5-2 at home.
Timbear
This is Baylor. Nothing's easy. Be grateful for small favors.
montypython
"tough schedule" and 8 home games should never belong in the same paragraph.
Tevin Williams Sr
We went to all the games last year. And it wasn't many fans. So I love all the home games. As parents we drop a lot of money to support our kids and team. We will save money this year and enjoy all our Baylor family at home games.. Nothing else matters. Let's enjoy the ride…
Aliceinbubbleland
Tevin Williams Sr said:

We went to all the games last year. And it wasn't many fans. So I love all the home games. As parents we drop a lot of money to support our kids and team. We will save money this year and enjoy all our Baylor family at home games.. Nothing else matters. Let's enjoy the ride…
Yeah. Our fans travel poorly. We had good crowds in interesting places like @Army, @Holiday Bowl, 1980 Cotton Bowl, and recent Sugar Bowl. We do well in alumni strong areas like DFW and Houston but on the road like OSU, OU, UT we barely show up and I don't know of more than a few hundred going to other road games.

Johnny Bear
At least going forward we're hopefully getting out of the cycle of overly tough schedules (vis a vis road games vs home games) in even numbered years as opposed to much more favorable schedules in odd numbered years.
Aliceinbubbleland
Mack is certainly not an eloquent speaker. Uh, you know, you know, uh you know, uh uh, you know.

ScottS
We will roll this schedule.
Aliceinbubbleland
ScottS said:

We will roll this schedule.
Are you sure? Look what happened to us at home this year. Without a new QB I'd say all bets of improving on this years results are doubtful for next year just because we have more home games (which didn't help last year).
JTM
Admin - update the depth chart please.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.