Football
Sponsored by

Reagan Ramsower Out as VP / COO

30,744 Views | 226 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by xiledinok
bubbadog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
brokebear said:

Lot of nasty posts here. How many are ill informed?
If they're nasty toward Ramsower, they are extremely well-informed.
"Free your ass and your mind will follow." -- George Clinton
jumpinjoe
bubbadog said:

StacyLynn624 said:

May 31, 2018 is a long ways away.
That was my first thought, too. The guy must have a lot of pull to be able to hang around for another academic year.

Still, it's a good day when they announce that this poisonous, sorry SOB is on his way out. I just wish that, instead of showing him the door, they'd put a boot in his ass to hustle him over the threshold.

I don't know that it's the pull as much as it is the load. He has somewhere between 5 and 20 departments reporting to him, and the continuity of each department depends on the head of the department being equipped to continue operating without a hiccup. I expect Rsmsower is there for the next school year to make sure that transition moves along smoothly. He will have no authority but that authority transitions with this announcement to Livingston and the department head.
Bearwitness8223
Chanceux said:

Bearwitness8223 said:

Chanceux said:

Bearwitness8223 said:

Chanceux said:

Bearwitness8223 said:

You guys act like he was the problem lol
He sure as heck wasn't the solution.

One day you guys will realize that Baylor was not indifferent to truthful complaintants. If they girls lied they were not believed, this scandal has been created with nothing but lies and innocent people's lives have been ruined. It's ok the truth will eventually come out and I know that for a fact lol
This is a man who was ultimately responsible for the failures of the campus police department. The buck stopped with him. Fired.

Briles let his program get out of control. Fired.

People that are in charge often get fired for the actions of the people they manage. It's just how the world works.
exactly how was briles program "out of control"? because of unproven accusations against a few of his players? the magnitude of the injustice that occured in aug 2015 directly resulted in the firings of innocent men and the media of course uses sensationalism, half truths and faulty journalism to make it look worse than what it actually was. once innocent men go to jail it only makes sense that other innocent people have to suffer collateral damage.
to this day i have not heard a shred of evidence that proves briles or his staff covered up sexual assaults like the media is accusing them of. its disgusting. and baylor is pushing that false narrative because they refuse to come out with the truth that there was no coverup. the other 90% will do the same thing that jasmine did once they find out the truth they will settle tuck their tails and run. this "scandal" started with lies but it will end with the truth.
its just a shame the lengths baylor would go to to not only bury themselves but hide the fact that its not "**** shaming" if you catch a girl in multiple lies. soetimes its ok to fight for the rights of men who are being falsely accused. and its ok to tell the media that there was no cover up, who knew what when, and let the full truth be known. instead they have played the "cut the arm off and save the rest of the body" strategy but it has backfired right in their face. what a shame and a disgrace.
Quote:

I didn't say he covered up sexual assaults. Truth be told, I think he likely got far more blame than he deserved. Unfortunately, he didn't have an internal drug testing program. And don't even try to BS that he did. He didn't. Period. That's a fireable offense. He knew about some stuff that he should have reported to JA. And if he didn't know it, people on his staff did. They didn't report it. That goes back on him. They barely punished players. Back on him.

A kid on his team threatened a woman with a f!@#ing gun. He knew about that. That player never got punished. Pretty sure Amhad Dixon put a guy in the hospital and received zero punishment. You can rationalize and rationalize and rationalize and keep on until the end of days. He probably doesn't deserve the sexual assault blame, but he earned his firing. Better make peace with that.

Remember this, Briles himself said he would "try to do better." He fessed up to mishandling the program when interviewed by the regents. He knew he had done wrong in some ways.

seriously?? because he didnt drug test his players? texas a&m lsu u of h they never test their players for weed you gonna call for the firing of their head coach? shielded his players from JA in what specific cases? can you name them?? or are you just alking out the side of your neck? if there was ever an incident the players and the police took care of it whether or not alleged victims wanted to pursue the issue or not doesnt mean briles is culpable or liable for a situation.
you act like he was just obstructing justice by trying to get his player to avoid the police and the law. just another agenda driven runt trying to rationalize the illlegal firing of CAB. until you point to me exactly what he did so wrong to get paid millions to stop coaching then keep your opinions to yourself. the people who claim to know the truth (regents) cant even seem to come up with that answer.
bearlyafarmer
Would have responded to this news here sooner but have been dancing in the streets since it came out.

We got ourselves a president for sure!
Life is more about asking the right questions than giving the right answers.
57Bear
Chanceux said:

Quote:

I didn't say he covered up sexual assaults. Truth be told, I think he likely got far more blame than he deserved. Unfortunately, he didn't have an internal drug testing program. And don't even try to BS that he did. He didn't. Period. That's a fireable offense. He knew about some stuff that he should have reported to JA. And if he didn't know it, people on his staff did. They didn't report it. That goes back on him. They barely punished players. Back on him.

Please provide support for your statement: Unfortunately, he didn't have an internal drug testing program
Bear Rammer
What's this? I've about such a thing to make BU look better, but is it true?

"Ramsower...... took faculty criticism in 2008 when he approved a program that offered incoming freshmen $300 in bookstore credit for retaking the SAT.

Any student who raised his or her score by at least 50 points earned $1,000 a year in merit scholarship aid. The program was seen as a scheme to increase the average SAT scores of students and improve Baylor's position in college rankings."

bearlyafarmer
Bear Rammer said:

What's this? I've about such a thing to make BU look better, but is it true?

"Ramsower...... took faculty criticism in 2008 when he approved a program that offered incoming freshmen $300 in bookstore credit for retaking the SAT.

Any student who raised his or her score by at least 50 points earned $1,000 a year in merit scholarship aid. The program was seen as a scheme to increase the average SAT scores of students and improve Baylor's position in college rankings."

Yes, it's true. Deceit is a minor issue for any organization in which image continually trumps substance.
Yogi
Pablo Fanque said:

De mortuis nil nisi bonum.
But we are a Baptist school, so if somebody's got some ****, it's coming out - even before the dirt has been tossed back into the grave.
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Yogi
Look,

Ramsower was toxic. He had too much authority at a time when our university completely dropped the ball on Title IX.

Yes, Title IX is complete bull****, but it's the law and you can't change the laws by ignoring them.

Look at what it did to our university. Look at what it did to our reputation. Our football program was gutted. We were placed on probation by our accrediting agencies, our national reputation was impugned and by the time all is said and done, the Title IX disaster will cost us hundreds of millions of dollars.

Beyond all that, we've probably prevented ourselves from ever being considered for the AAU.

Thank him for his service to the University, but do not ignore the fact that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time doing some wrong things.

Sometimes when bad things happen, everything has to go. For example, remember that night you ate that awesome burger but then chased it with like 6 beers, a Jack and Coke and 6 tequila shots? Did your body just get rid of the tequila shots - or did it get rid of EVERYTHING - including the burger (which was harmless)?

Same thing here, we had to purge.

Yogi
Bearwitness8223 said:

He has been alleged to have been a part of it, including allegations that while he was overseeing the Baylor Police Department, the department sat on sexual assault reports and did not turn them over to Waco P.D. or the DA's office.

He also oversaw the school's Title IX program during the period during which the events and circumstances took place that gave rise to one of the lawsuits against the university.

Given what would take place in any other organization under the same circumstances, the removal of Ramsower is highly appropriate and completely fair.
Malbec
brokebear said:

Lot of nasty posts here. How many are ill informed?
I don't know. Let's ask the "mentally ill" girls.
BU84BEAR
placebo said:

I know a lot of people on BFans wanted this to happen as well as Tammy Lou gone. Brief background on why this is great news? I don't really know either one of them.
Revenge on your informations systems and Latin professors ?
BornABear
New heads of state working together are making an impact quickly - Prez, Chairman, and some bad seeds are gone.
Bearwitness8223
DOnyou have any evidence that Baylor dropped the ball when it came you T9 or are you just stating your opinion? Lol
blackie
Yogi said:

Bearwitness8223 said:

He has been alleged to have been a part of it, including allegations that while he was overseeing the Baylor Police Department, he had the department sit on sexual assault reports and not turn them over to Waco P.D.

He also oversaw the school's Title IX program during the period during which the events and circumstances took place that gave rise to one of the lawsuits against the university.

Given what would take place in any other organization under the same circumstances, the removal of Ramsower is highly appropriate and completely fair.
He had the power to stop things going on early and did not. Regardless of what Briles et al. told people, he could have put the foot down and ensured compliance before it ever got to the point of being media fodder. So, was he the problem. Ultimately yes, just like the Navy Admiral in charge of the 7th fleet has lost his command and essentially ended his career because things under him apparently have not been by the book. We'll likely never know what went on, but whatever it was, if it was that bad, it was allowed to continue because the suits in Pat Neff allowed it to continue, apparently in the inane hopes that it would go away and not tarnish their precious little image they were using to pull the wool over people's eyes.
Stranger
Bearwitness8223 said:

DOnyou have any evidence that Baylor dropped the ball when it came you T9 or are you just stating your opinion? Lol

Who are you? A troll for sure. No other is as obsessed with defending Ramsower. Are you Tommye Lou?
I'm a Bearbacker
YoakDaddy
baylorgrad00 said:

Chanceux said:

This is a man who was ultimately responsible for the failures of the campus police department. The buck stopped with him. Fired.

Briles let his program get out of control. Fired.

People that are in charge often get fired for the actions of the people they manage. It's just how the world works.
The funny thing about that little white speck on the top of chicken ***** That little white speck is chicken **** too.

Pure Country.
RegentCoverup
For Baylor University to have any integrity as an organization, there has to be accountability and responsibility for actions. This move should have been done after Bliss.

And credit LL for demanding the authority to do her job. She is earning a lot of respect.

It won't be an easy road ahead, but that would have been true for any candidate.

Baylor needed a housecleaning..

YoakDaddy
jumpinjoe said:

Guy Noir said:

BearInBigD said:

PartyBear said:

I'm curious as to how Linda Livingston is able to come in and do all this right away. She is really like a typical Baylor presidential hire. Not a big name in academia or otherwise etc.I'm not criticizing her here btw. She would seem to be coming in without clout etc. Yet is able to make moves like this. Starr--a nationally known name though perhaps not a nationally popular name--was not able to make these types of moves.
The BOR, being inherently incompetent, needed a hatchet (wo)man to do the job they couldn't do themselves. With the pictures RR undoubtedly has hidden in his basement safe (right next to the bodies), Dr. L has the power to do what these spineless POS's couldn't.

Good on her, whatever the reasoning behind the timing.
My guess is that the BOR has changed enough in the last couple years to allow the President to make these kinds of decisions. Prior to this time, it seemed the Presidents were being micro managed.

I agree with the last quote that it is a new breed of Regent that is coming into the good graces of other Regents, considering the appointments of Jay Allison and Dan Chapman to Chairman and Vice Chairman roles. Neither have a history with any of the dirty deeds from the past.

No. Those two turds just sat back doing nothing while on the BOFR and let the dildo salesman, the bank robber, and other members ruin our reputation. They are just as guilty for failing to provide oversight of our executive leadership as those who failed to provide programmatic compliance. If they've been on the BOFR for the last 5 years, they are not a changed culture.
Tommy_Lou_Ramsower
Mom? Dad? I don't know what to believe anymore...
80sBEAR
YoakDaddy said:

jumpinjoe said:

Guy Noir said:

BearInBigD said:

PartyBear said:

I'm curious as to how Linda Livingston is able to come in and do all this right away. She is really like a typical Baylor presidential hire. Not a big name in academia or otherwise etc.I'm not criticizing her here btw. She would seem to be coming in without clout etc. Yet is able to make moves like this. Starr--a nationally known name though perhaps not a nationally popular name--was not able to make these types of moves.
The BOR, being inherently incompetent, needed a hatchet (wo)man to do the job they couldn't do themselves. With the pictures RR undoubtedly has hidden in his basement safe (right next to the bodies), Dr. L has the power to do what these spineless POS's couldn't.

My guess is that the BOR has changed enough in the last couple years to allow the President to make these kinds of decisions. Prior to this time, it seemed the Presidents were being micro managed.

I agree with the last quote that it is a new breed of Regent that is coming into the good graces of other Regents, considering the appointments of Jay Allison and Dan Chapman to Chairman and Vice Chairman roles. Neither have a history with any of the dirty deeds from the past.

No. Those two turds just sat back doing nothing while on the BOFR and let the dildo salesman, the bank robber, and other members ruin our reputation. They are just as guilty for failing to provide oversight of our executive leadership as those who failed to provide programmatic compliance. If they've been on the BOFR for the last 5 years, they are not a changed culture.
Agree with you here, my Brother. This bodes well for Dr. Livingstone that we are at least seeing some progress. I fully expected at least one or two BOR members to step down before their terms were up but apparently Spiritual Vanity is alive and well at Baylor. Not really sure any of them realize they have done anything wrong. Am still most disappointed in Neal Jeffrey and Jeff Reeter. I expected so much more from both men.
"This is not an institution of football."
-- Dr. David Garland
austinrob
Wow! There really is a God. (Or is this the Land of Oz?)

My take on all this is that much more than we will ever know has been going on behind the scenes.
Notice how the BLR has been lower profile the last few months and not heard from. What ever happened to the investigations by the Department of Education and the Texas Rangers? And notice some of the new Regents.
There are some very smart and influential people that were able to grab the bear by the claws, make sense of everything going on, convince a few people that they had been unduly influenced, and move on from the childish actions of a few.

Our new university president did not just walk in with power to do what she wanted or needed to do. (BTW I believe she is AWESOME!) The kind of changes you see announced has to have the BOR blessing (I would guess). I believe BLR had solid information about the past transgressions, the new president to be was briefed on ALL that had been happening and must have had a plan with certain BORs how to implement the needed changes. With all that was in the news (not always accurate), lawsuit content, employees fired or resigning, sooner or later the true picture starts to appear.

The culture that the press loves to talk about did not suddenly appear when Art Briles was hired. And we are not just talking about student rapes and title IX issues here. The boorish attitude of a few high level people permeated
down to a point that "doing the right thing" for Baylor was no where on the radar. It was us against them.

Regarding Coach Briles, he has been tried in the public with lies, rumors, embellishment, lying by omission, and
lack of perspective. He had issues in the program. To what degree, it would be unfair to make judgment based off what the public has heard. (Besides, Christians, who am I to judge?)

And what is the public using as sources of facts and information?

Pepper-Hamilton report - remember there is no report that exists. It is a fictional report about fiction.
With a member of the BOR directing their efforts, then assisting in determining what to report and how to (not) present, isn't this the fox guarding the henhouse?
Conflict of interest - an ex-BOR's business has had dealings with Pepper-Hamilton for a number of years. No more comment for now.
This was presented to the media as an independent report (which it was not) and the media kept hammering the "Independent Pepper-Hamilton Report". does not exist.

There is so much more but will cut it here.

I hope this is the real start to move on.

Sic 'Em!

With belligerence exhibited by a certain ex-BOR member (who still has considerable influence though that may change with TLD and RR leaving), I believe

The press never caught on to how real the
RioRata
Tommy_Lou_Ramsower said:

Mom? Dad? I don't know what to believe anymore...

Ward, I think we need to have a talk with the Beaver.
BaylorProud77
80sBEAR said:

Thank you Jesus. Slowly but surely we are making progress. Can we put him in charge of washing jocks for the Baylor Athletic Department?
Thank God!!! You are happy! I don't want to see anymore of those little Care Bears. lolololol We are cleaning our Baylor up.
BaylorProud77
80sBEAR said:

YoakDaddy said:

jumpinjoe said:

Guy Noir said:

BearInBigD said:

PartyBear said:

Agree with you here, my Brother. This bodes well for Dr. Livingstone that we are at least seeing some progress. I fully expected at least one or two BOR members to step down before their terms were up but apparently Spiritual Vanity is alive and well at Baylor. Not really sure any of them realize they have done anything wrong. Am still most disappointed in Neal Jeffrey and Jeff Reeter. I expected so much more from both men. Ditto.
gobears20
Staff
80sBEAR
BaylorProud77 said:

80sBEAR said:

Thank you Jesus. Slowly but surely we are making progress. Can we put him in charge of washing jocks for the Baylor Athletic Department?
Thank God!!! You are happy! I don't want to see anymore of those little Care Bears. lolololol We are cleaning our Baylor upActually, BaylorProud, I am always happy. But who doesn't love CareBear? Tje
Actually, BaylorProud, I am always happy. Just very vocal when people don't do their jobs. But who does not like Care Bear? The kinder and gentler Baylor Bears? I don't. Hopefully this guy can take his place starting on 9/2/2017.

"This is not an institution of football."
-- Dr. David Garland
57Bear
Yogi said:

... Yes, Title IX is complete bull****, but it's the law ,,,
Agree that the Dear Colleague letter is bull****, but it is neither law nor federal regulation.
57Bear
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

For Baylor University to have any integrity as an organization, there has to be accountability and responsibility for actions. This move should have been done after Bliss.

And credit LL for demanding the authority to do her job. She is earning a lot of respect.

It won't be an easy road ahead, but that would have been true for any candidate.

Baylor needed a housecleaning..

Accountability should start at the top with the BOR.
Grumpy
So, as relieved as most of us seem to be with R's departure, it could have been far worse: Ramsower came very close to being the interim president after Starr's departure. Yeah, yeah, we got an incompetent, absent minded New Testament professor instead, but Ramsower's elevation would have made Baylor's corruption problem far worse. I am thankful for all the people who talked some sense into the regents before they tapped him. It would have been a disaster.
Judge
PartyBear said:

I don't know what her input was but I suspect these recent "actions" of Davis and Ramsower were decided by the BOR long ago when they fired Starr but they would leave it up to the incoming President to do the dirty deed as instructed by the BOR.

Also, the glee on here is really surprising when you consider they let him hang around for another year. Nothing rots an organization like a recently demoted person.

I don't think this was Linda swinging the axe. She was possibly doing as told.
bearlyafarmer
Judge said:

PartyBear said:

I don't know what her input was but I suspect these recent "actions" of Davis and Ramsower were decided by the BOR long ago when they fired Starr but they would leave it up to the incoming President to do the dirty deed as instructed by the BOR.

Also, the glee on here is really surprising when you consider they let him hang around for another year. Nothing rots an organization like a recently demoted person.

I want to believe she did swing the axe, because if she is just doing as told, the BU flowchart has not changed and the next debacle isn't a question of "if," only of "when."
jumpinjoe
YoakDaddy said:

jumpinjoe said:

Guy Noir said:

BearInBigD said:

PartyBear said:

Chapman was first installed as a Regent June 1, 2016, which is after the s*** hit the fan, so your premis is certainly wrong. Chapman is alumni elected out of the BAA settlement.

Not real sure when Jay was installed as a Regent, but your characterization of him is certainly way off. He might have 3 years in, but no more. He has not been a part of the seedy culture.
AirBear
Judge said:

PartyBear said:

If the BOR had wanted them gone, then Garland would have done it.

This is the New Prez who at least is removing any question marks over BU's integrity. I suspect she took the job only after she got assurances that it was her house to clean as she saw fit. And away we go.

I give her two thumbs up.
Gunny Hartman
jumpinjoe said:

YoakDaddy said:

jumpinjoe said:

Guy Noir said:

BearInBigD said:

PartyBear said:

Chapman was first installed as a Regent June 1, 2016, which is after the s*** hit the fan, so your premis is certainly wrong. Chapman is alumni elected out of the BAA settlement.

Not real sure when Jay was installed as a Regent, but your characterization of him is certainly way off. He might have 3 years in, but no more. He has not been a part of the seedy culture.

Our new chairman of the Board of Regents is Joel--not Jay-- Allison, and by all accounts he is an excellent leader. Recently retired CEO of Baylor Scott & White hospital system.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.