Football
Sponsored by

Top 5 universities in Texas according to US News

3,088 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by boognish_bear
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Something to promote to parents out on the recruiting trail....unless you are TCU, TT, or UH.

Hey....we've got to find our victories where we can right now.

william
no BIT??

PA.

- UL

.... and, as usual, TIA.

BID.
Dale?
MrGolfguy
They picked the perfect photo to sum up Aggy

And Rice is a football school
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
Redbrickbear
Those 5 have been the best in Texas for decades in terms of education....(honorable mention but small...Trinity and Austin college)
Yogi
Redbrickbear said:

Those 5 have been the best in Texas for decades in terms of education....(honorable mention but small...Trinity and Austin college)
Add Schneider College in Kerrville. Good school and beautiful campus.
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
boognish_bear
Yogi said:

Redbrickbear said:

I've never heard of that school.
Dman
There's a fascinating Wallstreet Journal podcast on how this ranking is pretty much a sham. It took the courage of a few of the top tier law schools in the country to no longer participate to expose the scheme. It was basically US News and World report holding the schools hostage for $$$ with the threat of poor rankings.
boognish_bear
Dman said:

There's a fascinating Wallstreet Journal podcast on how this ranking is pretty much a sham. It took the courage of a few of the top tier law schools in the country to no longer participate to expose the scheme. It was basically US News and World report holding the schools hostage for $$$ with the threat of poor rankings.
I think the inclusion of Aggy has to call the whole system in to question
blackie
I find it interesting that if this is suppose to be in large part about academics (I assume), the photos all came from a sports setting.
boognish_bear
blackie said:

I find it interesting that if this is suppose to be in large part about academics (I assume), the photos all came from a sports setting.
Probably because "Texas Football Life" was the one sharing it.
WestTexSand
I believe the school is SCHREINER University, which began as Schreiner Military Institute in the early 20th century, then grew into a Junior College then achieved University status.
And it sits in the beautiful Hill Country.
Ghostrider
Yogi said:

Redbrickbear said:

never heard of it and I have lived here all my life
Grumpy
When USNWR started rankings in 1983, they simply asked college presidents to rank each others' schools. That should tell you something about how insulary the ranking system is. Over time they added research $, endowment $, size of libraries, etc. But presidents are still surveyed. All of this gives distinct advantages to old schools with deep pockets and large state schools with medical schools who have huge funds for research. In the end, what is left out are the great teaching colleges filled with professors who may not spend their time writing pedantic articles but instead providing excellent pedagogy in the classroom for the benefit of their students.
boognish_bear
One of my kids is going to UNT and so far I've been very impressed with his experiences there.
JamesGarcia
I am looking for the top 5 universities in Texas according to US News and I appreciate you for sharing them with us. I am looking for it for my friend who also always helps me. Last time helps me by sharing the https://www.themovieblog.com/2023/01/tips-on-how-to-cite-a-movie-in-apa-style/ website link with me where I found an article on tips on how to cite movie in APA style. And now it is my time to help him and I would love to share your post with my friend.
historian
boognish_bear said:

Dman said:

I think the inclusion of Aggy has to call the whole system in to question

They are probably included based upon their engineering programs.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
historian
I noticed that too. My guess is that it's all about popular recognition. What will people notice first?
whitetrash
Yogi said:

Redbrickbear said:

Its founder and benefactor:

CharlesSimon
Dman said:

Yes, you're right.

And it's not only that list. There are other rankings that also provide not that accurate info. There are many different universities, but each of them is specialized in other fields. Some of them have better law programs or financial. So that general ratings are not that representative. I'm a literature student, so when I was choosing uni, I compared programs, not the uni in general. And I made the right choice. My studies are very quality but also hard. And I always use different sources to be able to complete tasks as well as I can. Last week I used this source https://writingbros.com/essay-examples/discourse-community/ when I was working on my term paper because the writing on such an issue was hard, and the samples were really useful. And in general, I think that such educational sources are now very helpful and can help you out even with the hardest task in the best uni.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
whitetrash said:

Yogi said:

Redbrickbear said:

Its founder and benefactor:

Man, you are being a little hard on Yogi, but your pic is funny as Hell! You are also showing your age.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
boognish_bear
CharlesSimon said:

Dman said:

Yes, you're right.
And it's not only that list. There are other rankings which also provide not that accurate info
I've always wondered about the accuracy of their car ranking lists
Doc Holliday
MrGolfguy said:

They picked the perfect photo to sum up Aggy

And Rice is a football school
Texas AgriCULTural and Mechanical
historian
It's probably wise to question the mainstream media on any kind of ranking. They are looking out for their own interests as their first, second, & third top priorities (probably more). Getting their facts straight is far down the list of priorities.
boognish_bear
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.