Photo by Robert Goddin-USA TODAY Sports

Bob Thompson: Cable Is Not Going Anywhere & Streaming Could Lower the Cost of Cable

May 23, 2023

Bob Thompson, Former Fox Sports Executive joins 365 Sports to discuss his thoughts on the Big Ten TV Agreement, what is will the future of TV look like, will it be all streaming or is cable here to stay, why streaming services are losing so much money, and more.

Discussion from...

Bob Thompson: Cable Is Not Going Anywhere & Streaming Could Lower the Cost of Cable

1,674 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by EatMoreSalmon
Robert Wilson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This disaggregation of content through streaming services seems to be (i) much more of a pain in the ass and (ii) on the whole not any cheaper than cable to cobble together the same content.

Will be interesting to see if there is some movement to re-aggregate content to make things easier on consumers.
Booboo Bear
Robert Wilson said:

This disaggregation of content through streaming services seems to be (i) much more of a pain in the ass and (ii) on the whole not any cheaper than cable to cobble together the same content.

Will be interesting to see if there is some movement to re-aggregate content to make things easier on consumers.
Hulu+ Live says hey...
BearFan33
Booboo Bear said:

Robert Wilson said:

Hulu+ Live says hey...
That seems to work well for us
EatMoreSalmon
Haven't been on cable for years.
Have used Dish, then Sling, then Playstation Vue, and then Hulu over the last 15 years.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.