Story Poster
Photo by Jack Mackenzie - SicEm365
Baylor Football

Baylor JACK Garmon Randolph Suspended Pending Resolution of Off-Field Issues

May 23, 2023

Baylor Head Coach Dave Aranda has provided an update regarding the spring football abscence of redshirt senior JACK Garmon Randolph. Randolph has been suspended until the resolution of his off-field issues. 

Randolph, standing at an impressive 6-foot-7 and weighing 247 pounds, has been a valuable member of the Baylor Bears' defense throughout his time in Waco. His contributions include a notable total of 64 tackles, with nine tackles resulting in a loss, 6.5 sacks, and an interception.

His impact on the field has been evident, particularly during the final six games of the 2022 season, where he demonstrated remarkable performance. During this stretch, Randolph recorded 21 tackles, 4.5 tackles for loss, and 3.5 sacks, marking a significant milestone as the most productive period of his career thus far.

The staff secured a significant addition with the commitment from Utah State JACK prospect Byron Vaughns this spring. With Garmon Randolph temporarily suspended, the JACK position in Baylor's defense faced a leadership void. Vaughns' addition to the team is expected to help fill that gap, bringing his experience and skills to bolster the defensive lineup. His presence will contribute to the team's efforts to maintain a strong and cohesive defensive unit during Randolph's absence.

However, due to the ongoing nature of Randolph's off-field issues, Coach Aranda has decided to extend his suspension from all team activities. The suspension will remain in effect until the off-field issues are fully resolved, and the university administration, in consultation with Coach Aranda, determines that Randolph is ready to reintegrate into the football program.

Discussion from...

Baylor JACK Garmon Randolph Suspended Pending Resolution of Off-Field Issues

8,534 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by william
Russell Gym
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Such an easy and transparent way for a head football coach to handle off-field discipline. Young, aspiring coaches take note.
whitetrash
DWI arrest.

https://www.kwtx.com/2023/05/25/document-suspended-baylor-linebacker-charged-with-dwi-april/?fbclid=IwAR08BJYJjCMdQp1fbW5E0Ib-IDhivZFLDNPRspot5JCEFZLhGSLtMMptLTs
historian
Thanks for the info. The original ambiguity was not helpful. Although disappointing, we can hope that he will get this straightened out, not only for the sake of the team, but, more importantly, for the sake of his growth as a man.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Hope JACK doesn't fail his weekly pop quiz!!!!! Oh wait. Wrong coach.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Russell Gym
Shill's not available to fix this one.
montypython
If Briles had learned this was how you discipline guys, then he'd probably still be coaching here.

Set expectations and follow through with real consequences if they do something stupid.
jdkingbear
I live in Florida. I know Guvna DeSantis. He is an arrogant, self-centered, narcissistic, autocrat whose belief in "Freedom" is constrained by what HE thinks freedom is. He would be a disaster as POTUS. Given you like Mar a Lago boy, it is no wonder you like DeSantis. NEITHER should EVER darken the White House. They are both despicable and WRONG for America. You have a right to your opinion ... even when it is disturbingly wrong.
jdkingbear
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
jdkingbear said:

I live in Florida. I know Guvna DeSantis. He is an arrogant, self-centered, narcissistic, autocrat whose belief in "Freedom" is constrained by what HE thinks freedom is. He would be a disaster as POTUS. Given you like Mar a Lago boy, it is no wonder you like DeSantis. NEITHER should EVER darken the White House. They are both despicable and WRONG for America. You have a right to your opinion ... even when it is disturbingly wrong.
More narcissism. Less senility.

Is DeSantis Jack Garmon Randolph's uncle or what?

-- Barack Obama
parch
Nothing good happens at Scruffs. Never forget an assistant under GuyMo peed on the bar the night we lost to Kansas by 50 points.
historian
Careful: the snowflakes might get their panties tied into knots because you brought up politics. That is strictly verboten on a football forum, at least in their eyes. Or maybe it's only if you are critical of "Clueless Joe" & his incompetent sidekicks.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
jdkingbear said:

I reckon it is my sig that offended you. Donald Trump is still my solid #2. I have DeSantis and Tim Scott as my co #1s!!!!! Historian is right. Political BS has no place on the football board!

-- Barack Obama
No Quarterback
not sure how this got turned into a political thread, but has anybody heard any update on the suspension?
GruntTuff
The founders of this forum created a place to discuss politics and a place to discuss sports. This is the place to discuss sports. Take this to the R&P site.
william
GruntTuff said:

The founders of this forum created a place to discuss politics and a place to discuss sports. This is the place to discuss sports. Take this to the R&P site.
it takes a clear mind .........

to. make. it.

- KKM

{ sipping covfefe }

{ eating organic toast }

Go Bears!
Dale?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.