Story Poster
Photo by Jack Mackenzie - SicEm365
Baylor Football

Baylor's Offense Should Set the Bar High in 2023

May 24, 2023

Despite questions at QB, a stable of new running backs, a brand new offensive line, and a returning WR room with serious questions, Baylor fans should have high expectations for the offense this Fall.

That opening salvo might read like a non-sequitur, but I will argue in this piece that despite all of that, Baylor’s offense should be really good this Fall, and fans should expect as much.

To continue reading, you must be a SicEm365 Premium subscriber.
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial
Discussion from...

Baylor's Offense Should Set the Bar High in 2023

3,419 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by JP1037
No Quarterback
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Again there's this expectation that if Shapen is simply given more time to learn the offense and grow, the light will flick on, and he'll be great. The issue here is the assumption that Shapen's struggles have been from simple inexperience or lack of talent surrounding him, and not his own personal lack of talent. I think that things like being able to throw with anticipation, staying cool in the pocket, knowing when to takeoff and scramble etc. can be taught at a very marginal level, but in general a quarterback either has those traits or he doesn't have those traits, and I don't think Shapen has those traits
JP1037
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is a little better than last year a high bar?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.