Football
Sponsored by

Every school has them- Colorado is going to dominate all of you losers in the #Big12

2,705 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by Oso del lago
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
PartyBear
They must be certain of an invite they are taking.
Stefano DiMera
point #3 that wasnt highlighted in yellow is the most luduicrous of all the points.
whitetrash
PartyBear
I can recall even when Baylor was in the dark days they managed to find a way to upset CU while they were still in their glory days. Lol
whitetrash
PartyBear said:

I can recall even when Baylor was in the dark days they managed to find a way to upset CU while they were still in their glory days. Lol
BU's conference record by opponent when CU was in the Big12:

KU: 4-3
CU: 3-4
IowaSt: 3-5
KSt: 2-5
UT: 2-13
Aggy: 2-13
Mizzou: 1-7
OkSt: 1-14
Neb: 0-8
Tech: 0-15
OU: 0-15
Golden Helmet
They'll definitely put recruit us….
Fre3dombear
Isn't Colorado on like yeae 34 of sick since 1990? Like worse than aggy suck which is saying something. I'm talking generational suck.

Miright?
bear2be2
PartyBear said:

Guy Morriss had a winning record against Colorado.

I have nothing but the deepest respect for Guy Morriss, the man. And I think he had some underappreciated qualities as a coach. But that stat tells you all you need to know about the Colorado football program the last two decades. That outfit has been a disaster since the Dan Hawkins days.
Johnny Bear
Fre3dombear said:

Isn't Colorado on like yeae 34 of sick since 1990? Like worse than aggy suck which is saying something. I'm talking generational suck.

Miright?

Bill McCartney had a few more good years after the.(shared) Natty in 1990 before he left, but yeah, it's been on balance pretty dismal for CU since at least the mid '90's. They're even beyond aggy levels of delusion if they think they would dominate the B12 if they became members once again.

By the way, during pre-B12 days it was BU that ended their lengthy win streak (at least a 30 game streak as I recall) in Boulder in 1991. I vividly recall watching that pay per view non-con game.
JP1037
CU sold their soul to hire Deion and promptly went delusional.

Even if Deion is successful. He won't be at Colorado long.
Redbrickbear
whitetrash said:

PartyBear said:

Colorado never won a men's basketball title of any kind. Never won a baseball title of any kind. Only won a women's basketball tournament title once and only won the Big 12 in football once (2001)

Colorado did win some Big 12 conference titles in Men's cross country and women's cross country....but out side of that it was pretty bleak.

I guess if they come back they will dominate cross country....lol
PartyBear
I'm not sold on Deion. He did great a Division II but P5 is a different world, I think. But who knows he could be the next Art Briles and perhaps CU should worry about that as well. Again not that Briles actually did anything wrong or that Deion will intentionally do anything wrong but Deion doesnt strike me as some uptight dude paying attention to every little detail about things.
osogreen
Redbrickbear said:

whitetrash said:

PartyBear said:

Colorado never won a men's basketball title of any kind. Never won a baseball title of any kind. Only won a women's basketball tournament title once and only won the Big 12 in football once (2001)

Colorado did win some Big 12 conference titles in Men's cross country and women's cross country....but out side of that it was pretty bleak.

I fear their ski team will dominate the Big 12.
Johnny Bear
Redbrickbear said:

whitetrash said:

PartyBear said:

I forgot that they did have some salty football teams when Rick Nieheisel (however you spell it) was at CU, but he was to date the last football HC there to have much of any success at all.
CorsicanaBear
Last good coach they had was Bill McCartney. Highly debatable natty in 1990 given the 5 down game where they won over a 4-7 Mizzou on a drive that included a 5th down. Had they lost the Mizzou game they would have been out of Natty contention. Thier Orange Bowl win over Notre Dame was their first bowl win in 19 years. They finished 11-1-1. That's really the last anybody has heard of CU.

The next year Grant Teaff, JJ Joe et all beat them in Boulder.

Teaff whipped McCartney in 1986 in the Bluebonnet Bowl 21-9. I remember walking in to watch the game, the drunk CU fans were absolute Aholes, sure they were going to win. It was sweet.

CU sucks.
historian
whitetrash said:

PartyBear said:

That time period is irrelevant to Baylor today: Baylor football was terrible in the years between CGT & CAB. A much better comparison between Baylor & Colorado is the past 10-12 years & CU loses that hands down.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
bear2be2
CorsicanaBear said:

Last good coach they had was Bill McCartney. Highly debatable natty in 1990 given the 5 down game where they won over a 4-7 Mizzou on a drive that included a 5th down. Had they lost the Mizzou game they would have been out of Natty contention. Thier Orange Bowl win over Notre Dame was their first bowl win in 19 years. They finished 11-1-1. That's really the last anybody has heard of CU.

The next year Grant Teaff, JJ Joe et all beat them in Boulder.

Teaff whipped McCartney in 1986 in the Bluebonnet Bowl 21-9. I remember walking in to watch the game, the drunk CU fans were absolute Aholes, sure they were going to win. It was sweet.

CU sucks.
Rick Neuheisel had two 10-win seasons in four years and (sex scandal notwithstanding) Gary Barnett was relatively successful, posting winning records in five of his seven years.

They didn't start on their path to real sucktitude until Dan Hawkins took over. But they've been brutally bad since then, outside of one weird season under Mike MacIntyre.
Stefano DiMera
When thank God we didn't hire him .. because there were several reports he was the guy.
Hotsauce
Nor should you be sold. He's a walking red flag that no sane athletic director would ever want near their football program.
SoonerFrogs
they'll get their shot in week 1.
Aberzombie1892
SoonerFrogs said:

they'll get their shot in week 1.
Yeah. If Colorado manages to beat TCU, their expectations and visibility will literally explode.
EvilTroyAndAbed
PartyBear said:

I remember us upsetting Colorado, but we weren't in "dark days." We we're going to bowls. Maybe we're talking about different seasons.
Mitch Blood Green
I've never once worried about losing to teams we don't play.
PartyBear
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

PartyBear said:

I remember us upsetting Colorado, but we weren't in "dark days." We we're going to bowls. Maybe we're talking about different seasons.
I was remembering specifically the 03 XII opener, which was Morriss' first XII game. The Morriss era was not the darkest of times but that was just the 3rd or 4th game post Steele and CU was the reigning XII champ.
Stefano DiMera
And they get the Fighting Matt Rhules in Week 2.
Robert Wilson
I'm still pissed that CU and even moreso Nebraska left before we could start administering all the ass kickings they were due.
historian
If they return to the B12 we will have opportunities.

I remember watching a game in Boulder with JJ Joe as QB & our Bears got the W.

“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Oso del lago
Redbrickbear said:

whitetrash said:

PartyBear said:

Nope, BYU is coming
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.