Football
Sponsored by

Coach Prime setting the standard in Colorado

15,206 Views | 169 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by boognish_bear
Guitarbiscuit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Guitarbiscuit said:

TinFoilHatPreacherBear said:

boognish_bear said:

Are we getting any bodies (plural) or is CDA sucking as bad at the portal as he does at headcoaching?

It doesn't look like it.

And yes, it has been established that he cannot recruit. Nothing is new and nothing will be new until he leaves.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
Guitarbiscuit said:

Guitarbiscuit said:

boognish_bear said:

Are we getting any bodies (plural) or is CDA sucking as bad at the portal as he does at headcoaching?

It doesn't look like it.

And yes, it has been established that he cannot recruit. Nothing is new and nothing will be new until he leaves.

Yep but with our luck, these new coaches figure out how to squeak by to 6 wins, and Mack pays himself and Aranda on on the back for a job well done.
Guitarbiscuit

Guitarbiscuit said:

Guitarbiscuit said:

boognish_bear said:

It doesn't look like it.

Yep but with our luck, these new coaches figure out how to squeak by to 6 wins, and Mack pays himself and Aranda on on the back for a job well done.
Yes, a 6-6 record next year is the absolute worst thing we could hope for--particularly a 6-6 record with no notable wins---which would also guarantee Aranda another 2 years where he will perhaps get to to 6-6 again at most. Never have I been more disappointed in my entire life at the entire administration that is allowing this to happen. It's no longer really Aranda's fault that he is still here. It is the fault of Mack Rhoades. I have heard the way he speaks, and he thinks his way is the only right way. I don't believe he cares about the fans at all. To him, we are just "outside noise." And you know what? I wouldn't mind it if our AD was an inconsiderate jerk if he were actually good. I'll take a jerk any day if he is competent. But on the other hand, when he's not good, I tend to get less patient with personality flaws.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Killing Floor
Shedeur Sanders is going to get an NFL GM fired.
Let’s Go!
Jorkel
Killing Floor said:

Shedeur Sanders is going to get an NFL GM fired.

What makes you say that?
bear2be2
boognish_bear said:

Deion rebuilt their line last season through the portal, too. Reshuffling the deck every season isn't a sustainable plan.

Frankly, at this point, I'll be glad when Deion loses his novelty and we don't have to talk about him anymore. When he does something of substance, by all means, give him due credit. But at this moment, he's far more style than substance.

I tried to take him seriously early this past season. But he completely lost me with his comments on his O-line and the decision to demote Sean Lewis as offensive coordinator. Those were the actions of an amateur.
boognish_bear
ImwithBU
All this Sanders family hate/slander... Dont worry Baylor gets their shot next year
bear2be2
ImwithBU said:

All this Sanders family hate/slander... Dont worry Baylor gets their shot next year
It's not slander to say that that family has gotten way too much attention for a 4-8 product.
ImwithBU
bear2be2 said:

ImwithBU said:

It's not slander to say that that family has gotten way too much attention for a 4-8 product.

Much more is being said than that. Furthermore, how do you determine if someone is getting too much attention. People decide to give them attention. It's basically the Dallas Cowboys effect, has won anything in several decades, but you either decide to tune in to cheer for or against.

Firs Sheduer couldnt play at a higher level. He wont make it to the league. Now he is going to get a GM fired. Like GMs dont make bad picks every year. Again Baylor will get their shot next year. Hoping we win but we will see
bear2be2
ImwithBU said:

bear2be2 said:

ImwithBU said:

Much more is being said than that. Furthermore, how do you determine if someone is getting too much attention. People decide to give them attention. It's basically the Dallas Cowboys effect, has won anything in several decades, but you either decide to tune in to cheer for or against.

Firs Sheduer couldnt play at a higher level. He wont make it to the league. Now he is going to get a GM fired. Like GMs dont make bad picks every year. Again Baylor will get their shot next year. Hoping we win but we will see
Circuses draw eyeballs. But at some point there has to be substance behind the spectacle, or people lose interest.

Deion is a fantastic self promotor. That skill shouldn't be conflated with being a great head coach, which is still very much in doubt.
Killing Floor
He won't be able to compete in the NFL and he will get a GM fired. He's peaked.

But I specifically said he WILL get drafted. The hype train is real. Even pro scouts can be tooled by public relations. Just look at Trey Lance. Shedeur will be drafted. Marketing works. His dad is Prime.
Let’s Go!
boognish_bear
Junction Boys 2.0

BigGameBaylorBear
Nothing says football like Paris fashion week!

Rules for thee not for me; I wonder if he would let any of his other players miss a team meeting to play dress up with the global elite
Forest Bueller_bf
boognish_bear said:

Junction Boys 2.0

How in hell did they get in the Paris fashion show. They are good looking kids, but those are usually elite models that do that stuff. They aren't even close.
Forest Bueller_bf

I personally think the look is odd, but there is a standard.

The second dude is pretty much what they look for.
boognish_bear
Prime on why he does not go out recruiting

oorahpa
Plenty of opinions about Prime. One thing for sure he has been a winner at every level. He has taken a dumpster fire and has created massive intetest..Coach McCarty told me years ago Colorado was a sleeping giant. Their spring game went from 3,000 to 48,000. They have plenty of everything Dion needs including a campus setting 3nd to none. Will be surprised if he is not successful. He has always been a winner. We will see on a mid-season match up on national t.v. Doubt it will be on e.s.p.n.+. Could be embarrassing. We have alot of unknowns and alot of potential. So do they.
jikespingleton
FLBear5630 said:

bear2be2 said:

boognish_bear said:

I saw an article a couple of days ago where he was quoted as saying he doesn't worry about team culture. Not sure if that is going to work out in the long run.
Art Briles said the same things in so many words. When boosters would ask him about the character traits he looked for in recruits, he'd always say he recruits talent.

You can win a lot of games doing that, but without program discipline and culture, things are rarely going to end well. We know better than most.
Every program breaking through takes risks and some bite them. Briles took the wrong risks.
What I don't understand is why he continued to take them after we broke through.

He recruited a guy who had child assault charges dropped. That was in 2013 or so.

That alone tells you he didn't have his priorities in order.
robby44
The Deion Sanders effect: Colorado sees record number of applicants

https://sports.yahoo.com/deion-sanders-effect-colorado-sees-011754175.html#:~:text=Sanders'%20debut%20season%20coincided%20with,the%20Daily%20Camera's%20Olivia%20Doak.
boognish_bear
GoodOleBaylorLine
Killing Floor said:

Shedeur Sanders is going to make an NFL GM want to get fired.

Fixt

This kid will come in first day telling everyone what's what. Think Jameis but with significantly less talent and a higher opinion of himself (if that's possible).

And then, there's this:

Deion Sanders: "Certain cities . . . ain't gonna happen" for Shedeur Sanders, Travis Hunter - Yahoo Sports
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
IowaBear
Prime is a clown. Looking forward to the excuses when they suck again this year
boognish_bear
IowaBear said:

Prime is a clown. Looking forward to the excuses when they suck again this year

I'll be curious to see what he does when Shaddeur leaves

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.