Story Poster
Photo by Jack Mackenzie - SicEm365
Baylor Football

What Are Your Expectations for Baylor in 2024?

November 30, 2023

The day that Baylor announced it was bringing back Dave Aranda I quickly wrote this post: Don’t Shift the Expectation Window.

To state it succinctly, my argument is this: Just because Baylor was terrible in 2023 doesn’t mean we should settle for marginal improvement in 2024; don’t shift your expectations because the floor was lowered last year.

To continue reading, you must be a SicEm365 Premium subscriber.
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial
Discussion from...

What Are Your Expectations for Baylor in 2024?

5,833 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Bigkahunaww
Realitybites
How long do you want to ignore this user?
3-4 wins, low attendance.

if Aranda gets to 5-6 wins, he comes back in 2025 because both 5 and 6 are greater than 3.
Bigkahunaww
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bear2be2 said:

Bigkahunaww said:

bear2be2 said:

Bigkahunaww said:

I wonder what the motivation is when Baylor hires a new OC, and then they try to bring back an average QB like Blake: They are supposedly going to implement this high powered new system, so neither Sawyers or Shapen are versed in it. So why not bring in a QB that is above average and who knows the new system to start. And maybe they will, but are they trying to bring back Shapen for one year as a back up??????

I just forsee a dismal season again with about the same results.
Robertson was an Air Raid quarterback both in high school and for his first two years of college at Mississippi State. This should be a seamless transition for him.
Awesome, thank you for the sunshine
It's not sunshine to point out facts.

I've already said my expectations for next season aren't high. That doesn't mean we need to invent new reasons for pessimism.

Sawyer has way more experience in offenses like our new one than he did in Grimes'. That's a fact.

Sorry Bro, I was being sarcastic from some of the earlier posts about pumping sunshine.
I do appreciate the info you shared and look forward to a more exciting offense, win or lose.
Sic Em Bears.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.