WSU QB in portal announces for Oregon

1,432 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Desperado718
PartyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just saw that earlier today.
BigGameBaylorBear
It's not too late to come back Novosad
PartyBear
Does Oregon just pay people to not play for anyone else? I'm not sure how they keep the QB room so crowded in the portal era.
Daveisabovereproach
Cameron Ward. His parents are old family friends of my in-laws. I'll be curious to see what he can do on a better roster. Washington state coach is one Mack or the next AD should look at IMO, though he wouldn't be my first choice
DanaDane
I said it when he first flipped: Novosad will never see the field for any meaningful time at Oregon. Firstly, you could see this coming from a mile away with someone like Oregon who was undoubtedly going to use the transfer portal and NIL to capture experienced rising stars instead of building thru kids who sat for 2 or 3 years and learned. Secondly, his talents have been grossly exaggerated by many in this Forum.

He may grow into a good QB over 3 or 4 years but he had as many mechanical flaws in high school as someone like Blake (throwing off back foot, making poor decisions) and needs to put on 15-20 pounds to be able to sustain the punishment at this level. He just had a slight stronger arm. I won't be surprised to see him announce for TCU later this month or early January.
BigGameBaylorBear
If he goes to TCU I swear….
JP1037
I said this from the moment he screwed us over. Karma is a ***** and it almost always kicks you in the nuts when you truly deserve it. Not 100% true but often is. I think it will be for him.
Daveisabovereproach
I'd welcome Novosad back in a heartbeat. We are not in a position to hold grudges or try to take a principled stand. On paper, we are going into 2024 with a new offensive coordinator and an heir apparent at quarterback that looked terrible outside of one half of football this year.
Jorkel
It's so funny how people are still butt hurt over a person choosing another school over Baylor.
ImwithBU
PartyBear said:

Does Oregon just pay people to not play for anyone else? I'm not sure how they keep the QB room so crowded in the portal era.

UT and Bama were good at doing this. Some recruits finally catching on that a team full of 5* mean someone isn't getting to play no matter how long you wait patiently
EvilTroyAndAbed
Jorkel said:

It's so funny how people are still butt hurt over a person choosing another school over Baylor.

I'm not butthurt, but this particular situation was annoying since he was committed all the way until a few hours before signing deadline.
hodedofome
In the NIL era, there's Oregon and then there's everyone else. Nobody can pay athletes and expect an ROI like Phil Knight and Nike. It's finally legal for him to pay college athletes the same as he has professional ones for decades.
Desperado718
In the old days of no scholarship limits schools like Texas would sign 60-80 players are more, many just to keep them from signing somewhere else.

Our high school 6 man team was unreal when I was in the 8th grade. 12-0, as far as you could go in the 60's. Stopped most games by at Half time due to 45 pts ahead rule.

Our running back signed with Texas, got hurt, switched to throwing the javelin and got 3rd in SWC.

Actually met Grant Teaff in the 8th grade when he showed up recruiting this kid for Tech. Have reminded Grant of that a couple of times.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.