Football
Sponsored by

A Rhule scenario

3,956 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by thales
cowboycwr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
morethanhecouldbear said:

cowboycwr said:

thales said:

John Hawk said:

thales said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

montypython said:

The two administrators who hired Matt Rhule at Nebraska are gone.

The new incoming AD may want to start fresh and make 'his' hire, so to speak, which brings us to one of my dreams.

The incoming AD fires Rhule after his 2nd season because the growth/improvement isn't coming fast enough.

If that happens, we should fire Aranda and hire Rhule.

~End of dream~
AckAckAckAckAck!!!!! If Rhule can take a 7-6 winning bowl team to 1-11 his first season, what would he do with an inherited 4-8 squad? I figure he will think he deserves three 1-11 teams. "Trust the Process!!!!"
Rhule is following his model. Lost big in first year to show that things were a mess. Then start playing to win. So, he is the savior. Everywhere he has been first year horrible.
He can sell his snake oil elsewhere. I have seen enough.
whats with the butt hurt in regards to rhule?

taking our team to the B12 title game in short order wasnt good enough or something?
19-20 Losing overall record
13-14 Losing conference record
1-7 Losing record against ranked teams (final polls)
1-2 Losing post season record
only 5 wins in 3 years against P5 teams with winning records
11 losses in 2017 is the worst in Baylor history
lost to Liberty and UTSA

context is everything. the program was shattered when Rhule arrived.

using the no context viewpoint, let's look at Briles first 3 seasons

15-22 Losing overall record
7-17 Losing conference record
0-13 Losing record vs ranked teams
0-1 Losing post season record
1 win in 3 years against a P5 team with a winning record
0 wins in 3 years vs P5 teams who were .500 or greater in conference
Lost to Connecticut 2 years in a row.
Lost to Wake Forest

One took over a program that had just won a bowl game.
You clearly don't understand what happened before Rhule arrived, or you are trolling.

We fired our best coach ever for a made up scandal, won 7 games under an interim coach and then had to endure the rhule fiasco of a first year.
thales
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

thales said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

montypython said:

The two administrators who hired Matt Rhule at Nebraska are gone.

The new incoming AD may want to start fresh and make 'his' hire, so to speak, which brings us to one of my dreams.

The incoming AD fires Rhule after his 2nd season because the growth/improvement isn't coming fast enough.

If that happens, we should fire Aranda and hire Rhule.

~End of dream~
AckAckAckAckAck!!!!! If Rhule can take a 7-6 winning bowl team to 1-11 his first season, what would he do with an inherited 4-8 squad? I figure he will think he deserves three 1-11 teams. "Trust the Process!!!!"
Rhule is following his model. Lost big in first year to show that things were a mess. Then start playing to win. So, he is the savior. Everywhere he has been first year horrible.
He can sell his snake oil elsewhere. I have seen enough.
whats with the butt hurt in regards to rhule?

taking our team to the B12 title game in short order wasnt good enough or something?
Perhaps I am "kicking the cat" when it comes to Matt Rhule. Our Regents destroyed a perfectly good top ten football program. It took us a long time to get there.
i understand
i know some people who refuse to go to games because of the stuff that the BOI did.
as in, haven't been to one since 2016. i still invite them when i get back for home games but they always say no and I know why
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.