Football
Sponsored by

Green & Gold field near College Station

1,265 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Yogi
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Baylor's school colors were inspired by a field like these in Aggieland.

https://brand.web.baylor.edu/brand-standards/official-brand-colors

“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
MrGolfguy
Now the Baylor football team wears those colors with pride

historian
I notice that the flowers are yellow not gold (the color of the precious metal). Those obsessed with the colors of our uniforms (multiple threads each season, long threads with dozens if posts) and particularly those obsessed with the yellow instead of gold (the focus of those threads) might want to remember the origins.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
PartyBear
Baylor's own website admits the field of flowers origination is legend. "As legend has it….." the website says just before it mentions field story. Right before the website displays the Pantone and numbers the current administration decided are the official colors for branding in 2019.

Baylor has always said its colors are green and gold ever since Baylor chose to have school colors going back to 1897. Which I think was actually decided by a student body election of what the colors should be just like as what the mascot should be (Buffalo finished second to Bear btw I believe). At no time has Baylor stated its colors as "green and yellow" which would have been easy to do if that is what they intended.. If clearly stating the school color as being "gold" still doesn't indicate original intent to anyone, you can look at old Round Ups from the early 20th century they are decorated with "green and gold" coloring.
MrGolfguy
Why did Grant Teaff era (70s-80s) jerseys & pants have yellow trim & stripes when the helmet was gold?

Hmmm?
Stranger
MrGolfguy said:

Why did Grant Teaff era (70s-80s) jerseys & pants have yellow trim & stripes when the helmet was gold?

Hmmm?

tradition maybe?
I'm a Bearbacker
drahthaar
Uni "gold" doesn't match God's gold.
Yogi
MrGolfguy said:

Hmmm?

That actually pre-dated Teaff back to the 1950's. Teaff was trying to get the look back to the Isbell era from the Beall error.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.