Football
Sponsored by

Spring Green/Gold game this Saturday

1,173 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 20 days ago by parch
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So is it a game?

Bearsalwayswin
i was looking forward to watching
Bear8084
I hope we win.
TXWayne
No game, "productive practice" whatever that is.
boognish_bear
ImABearToo
Dave Speak for something.
ImABearToo
Guess we're not game ready yet. Oh well…
BellCountyBear
What time is the baseball game?
Bobsyouruncle
Missed opportunity to get the fans excited, if you believe you have something to get them excited about.

Unless we're going to run the A-11 offense I don't see the point in keeping it off TV.
boognish_bear
With bringing in a whole new offensive identity I wonder if it's not yet ready for primetime viewing
Johnny Bear
Sounds kinda weird. Given who our HC is, I suppose we shouldn't be surprised.
Daveisabovereproach
boognish_bear said:

With bringing in a whole new offensive identity I wonder if it's not yet ready for primetime viewing

That's most likely the case. We can spin it anyway we want to, but that's not exactly a vote of confidence. I think Dave realizes that if one of Robertson/Finn realizes he's not going to be the guy at the end of spring, he'll transfer, which will leave us with no quarterback depth.
parch
No Quarterback said:

boognish_bear said:

That's most likely the case. We can spin it anyway we want to, but that's not exactly a vote of confidence. I think Dave realizes that if one of Robertson/Finn realizes he's not going to be the guy at the end of spring, he'll transfer, which will leave us with no quarterback depth.
I would venture to say this has absolutely nothing to do with the state of our offense (or defense), and everything to do with CFB trends. Ole Miss just scrapped their spring game entirely and did a bunch of physical challenges and had Joey Chestnut eat hot dogs fast. Coaches across the country are increasingly moving away from it, and I expect in 5-10 years almost no one will be running a traditional "game" format anymore.

A new wrinkle in the NIL era is coaches afraid of guys using the spring game as a transfer showcase. That's a real problem now. That happened with Malik Murphy last year, and the only reason Texas kept him after the spring game is because they had to outpay everyone else.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.