Football
Sponsored by

2024 Spring Portal has opened

2,690 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by johnnychimpo
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Place to keep track of any significant/interesting portal developments.

Would be great to pick up some big interior DL help.

BUGWBBear
&ct=g
wongobear
I don't see any new transfers out for us yet:

Baylor Bears 2024 College Football Transfer Portal (247sports.com)
ALLBEAR
It would be a blunder if we didn't bring in more guys
bear2be2
With the medical retirements, we need at least one interior defensive lineman.
boognish_bear
Seems like last year Prime said he was looking for wholesale changes on OL...so I think this is by design

boognish_bear
That didn't take long

boognish_bear
boognish_bear
whitetrash
boognish_bear said:

Somebody needs to tell the one on the right that there's no point in her auditioning; Hee Haw went off the air 45 years ago.
boognish_bear
Looks like TCU will also be needing some DL help

BigGameBaylorBear
He needs to pull a Gary P and come on down to the 254
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Bearsalwayswin
the tweets are back!
boognish_bear
Stefano DiMera
Stefano DiMera
Stefano DiMera said:

Looks like QB RJ Martinez gone...
PawpaBear
Just RJ Martinez is also in the portal
chorne68
I am very disappointed that RJ Martinez is leaving.
bear2be2
chorne68 said:

I'm disappointed in the sense that he was a good third-string quarterback. But the fact of the matter is if we ever get/got that far down our depth chart, we're screwed anyway.
Doc Holliday
chorne68 said:

I'm not. Finn is going to be amazing
chorne68
Doc Holliday said:

chorne68 said:

He was our third string quarterback. Now we have to rely on a low three star freshman.
Killing Floor
Me too. He will rock wherever he goes. He didn't play much but most of his throws were ropes. And he wasn't afraid to hustle.

He still has UIL records formerly owned by 2 Heisman winners.

I wish him well.
Daveisabovereproach
chorne68 said:

Doc Holliday said:

chorne68 said:

He was our third string quarterback. Now we have to rely on a low three star freshman.

I'm more concerned about our lack of depth at receiver and on the defensive line. Martinez looked aright when he played, but he's not a diamond in the rough walk on like a Baker Mayfield or anything like that. As for Nate Bennett, I'll also be shocked if he ever sees meaningful snaps barring an injury situation
BigGameBaylorBear
Don't sleep on Nate, he's a decent QB. Just let him develop and put on some weight. Apparently he had a great spring, not 2 deep material but he was able to keep up

The best part is that he wants to be here, kid bleeds green and gold
Daveisabovereproach
BigGameBaylorBear said:

Don't sleep on Nate, he's a decent QB. Just let him develop and put on some weight. Apparently he had a great spring, not 2 deep material but he was able to keep up

that's great, and he may end up being awesome. I'm happy that he is looking good in practice, but the coaches say that about every quarterback as do the staff on the premium board. I know they said it about RJ Martinez, Blake Shapen, Brewer, the walkon kid that transferred to Texas State, etc.

The lack of offers and level of competition out of high school concerns me. If he's just a raw physical athlete, it doesn't make sense that other programs couldn't see the potential. And frankly, I'm not (and have never been) at the point with Dave Aranda where I can just trust him when he recruits underrecruited small school players like I would with Briles when he recruited a quarterback or receiver with few offers
BigGameBaylorBear
I believe Nate got interest from Duke and some other p5 teams when he committed to us, to my knowledge he told them over the phone that we was 100% committed to Baylor so it never went anywhere from there
wongobear
Daveisabovereproach said:

BigGameBaylorBear said:

that's great, and he may end up being awesome. I'm happy that he is looking good in practice, but the coaches say that about every quarterback as do the staff on the premium board. I know they said it about RJ Martinez, Blake Shapen, Brewer, the walkon kid that transferred to Texas State, etc.

The lack of offers and level of competition out of high school concerns me. If he's just a raw physical athlete, it doesn't make sense that other programs couldn't see the potential. And frankly, I'm not (and have never been) at the point with Dave Aranda where I can just trust him when he recruits underrecruited small school players like I would with Briles when he recruited a quarterback or receiver with few offers
If he is any good, it would probably be good to keep him off the field as much as possible in his first season. Not just to redshirt, but to keep the transfer rumors away.
wongobear
I guess the movement is over for this window? We definitely lost more than we gained after it opened.

Baylor Bears 2024 College Football Transfer Portal (247sports.com)
Mr Tulip
Last night was the deadline to enter the portal. Schools have up to 2 days to post the paperwork, so more could still enter (although it's unusual to keep it a secret that long).

The players in the portal didn't have to be committed by last night. They're still in the process of evaluating and finding a match (or returning to their original program if mutually acceptable).
johnnychimpo
#3 Texas State WR comes to Baylor, #3 Baylor QB goes to Texas State

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.