Football
Sponsored by

Players who have transferred from Colorado today so far:

2,792 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by BearBall
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Wonder what the over under is lol

parch
Live by the portal, die by the portal.

I don't think his strategy is sustainable, and he's openly said he basically doesn't recruit, so good luck with having a stable roster after all the new car smell wears off.
JeremiahJT
parch said:

Live by the portal, die by the portal.

I don't think his strategy is sustainable, and he's openly said he basically doesn't recruit, so good luck with having a stable roster after all the new car smell wears off.

He said he does not recruit? Then how does he get players?
johnnychimpo
All he said was he wasn't going to do home visits when it does no good when players no longer live at home.

He said recruits have to come to Boulder, he's not coming to you.
Jorkel
Of course upper class OL/DL want out. He went and signed 15 defensive/offensive linemen.
parch
johnnychimpo said:

All he said was he wasn't going to do home visits when it does no good when players no longer live at home.

He also said he doesn't travel to recruit because "if I go to one high school in a city, I'm going to piss off the others I don't go to." He's openly said he relies on his swaggy brand to draw recruits.

To my knowledge he's the only coach on earth with that philosophy, so he's either onto the greatest roster-building strategy ever devised or the absolute worst. I know which side of that coin I'd pick.
Wacoraisedbear
Majority upperclassmen that are all getting replaced by better talent nothing to see here
Jorkel
Wacoraisedbear said:

Majority upperclassmen that are all getting replaced by better talent nothing to see here

Considering it was the players on an Oline worse than ours..I don't blame Him for wanting new ones.
Fre3dombear
parch said:

johnnychimpo said:

He also said he doesn't travel to recruit because "if I go to one high school in a city, I'm going to piss off the others I don't go to." He's openly said he relies on his swaggy brand to draw recruits.

To my knowledge he's the only coach on earth with that philosophy, so he's either onto the greatest roster-building strategy ever devised or the absolute worst. I know which side of that coin I'd pick.

It's called basement recruiting. Worked well for
Biden if you believe. Can't blame him
boognish_bear
I could see where if you already had superstars and status this could maybe work for a basketball team… But not sure you can take this approach with the roster size of a football team

Big12Fan2024
Deion is 5 steps ahead of a lot of BU fans when it comes to the future of college football. Fans keep trying to hold on to the past memories where football and school and 4 years all meant some kind of dedication and allegiance. It doesn't any more. It's a business. A one year business. A business with a lot of money involved. Bring them in. If they ain't good then push them out and replace them. Find what works. It's a year to year thing. Players understand the new world order too. Some fans are really struggling with the new world. Deion may not win big but this is the new world order and he's not the only one doing it.
ALLBEAR
Big12Fan2024 said:

Deion is 5 steps ahead of a lot of BU fans when it comes to the future of college football. Fans keep trying to hold on to the past memories where football and school and 4 years all meant some kind of dedication and allegiance. It doesn't any more. It's a business. A one year business. A business with a lot of money involved. Bring them in. If they ain't good then push them out and replace them. Find what works. It's a year to year thing. Players understand the new world order too. Some fans are really struggling with the new world. Deion may not win big but this is the new world order and he's not the only one doing it.
Interesting how a guy whom has never really won at the FBS level is "5 steps ahead" of anyone.
LIB,MR BEARS
Big12Fan2024 said:

All true. And, I hate every bit of it.

If you believe transactions are now more important than relationships then, you've got to believe Deion is ahead of most college coaches. He is obviously about the transaction
br53
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Big12Fan2024 said:

If you believe transactions are now more important than relationships then, you've got to believe Deion is ahead of most college coaches. He is obviously about the transaction

Always has been always will be
The battle is not yours, but God's.
2 Chronicles 20:15
TheStateofMediocrity
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Big12Fan2024 said:

If it was about believing, Saban wouldn't have retired.
Hotsauce
You're giving him way too much credit.

Deion has no interest in implementing a years-long recruiting campaign because he knows he won't be at Colorado long. Personally, I think this is all a ploy to a) land the Dallas Cowboys head coaching job when McCarthy is inevitably fired, and b) to get his son drafted to the team of their choice (also likely the Cowboys).
parch
Hotsauce said:

You're giving him way too much credit.

Deion has no interest in implementing a years-long recruiting campaign because he knows he won't be at Colorado long. Personally, I think this is all a ploy to a) land the Dallas Cowboys head coaching job when McCarthy is inevitably fired, and b) to get his son drafted to the team of their choice (also likely the Cowboys).
I think even you are giving him too much credit.

Hearing him talk, he doesn't have a grand plan. He's just being himself. He genuinely believes his brand should sell itself, and he genuinely believes the best way to recruit is to sic your best players on other players, like LeBron (or whoever) recruits other players to play with him.

This is just who he's always been: flash and sizzle. The difference now is that he used to just be able to rely on his talent to get away with the jawing. He has much less control of what happens on the field now, and I see this whole experiment flaming out terribly once his kid and Hunter are gone.
Bobsyouruncle
Yep. That's why Colorado was so dominant last year.
LIB,MR BEARS
Bobsyouruncle said:

Yep. That's why Colorado was so dominant last year.

Do you have a list of who was dominant in year 1, especially taking over 1 win teams?
LIB,MR BEARS
I don't have an issue with parents like this transferring and taking their kids with them.

Hotsauce
I was half joking about the Cowboys, but I do think both Jerry and Deion would be a great match for the circus that is the cowboys.
parch
Hotsauce said:

I was half joking about the Cowboys, but I do think both Jerry and Deion would be a great match for the circus that is the cowboys.
Thankfully things have shifted (for the better) toward Stephen these last 5-7 years. Much like what happened during the Manziel draft, cooler heads would walk Jerruh back off that ledge before he did anything tragic.
boognish_bear
Jorkel
boognish_bear said:

Word on the street is he didn't study film,, do school work, and was on the Za all day.
LIB,MR BEARS
Jorkel said:

boognish_bear said:

Word on the street is he didn't study film,, do school work, and was on the Za all day.
I think that came out in a press conference last year when asked why he wasn't getting playing time.

He was asked the question and responded with a generic answer about classes,film and practice. He didn't specifically say who it was but it was in direct response to a question about the kid.
BearBall
They not there to play school.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.