Football
Sponsored by

3,508 FBS players in the transfer portal

1,195 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by chriscbear
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
BigGameBaylorBear
Does the window closing mean we can't sign anymore players or is it just the deadline to get into the portal

I also wonder how many players won't find homes
muddybrazos
Sweet, maybe we can get a couple wr's, some DL & OL.
Noghri
It would be interesting to see an analysis afterward of how many went to a better team, worse team, return to original team or is without a home.
Harrison Bergeron
The transfer portal may be the ultimate death of college football.
Johnny Bear
Harrison Bergeron said:

IMO NIL is killing college football even more, although the transfer portal has certainly also been bad for the sport.
EatMoreSalmon
They likely see the portal window as this

when it will likely turn out like this…

Though I guess some may see the closing of the portal window as

ImwithBU
I just see a lot of kids about the mess up their full ride... Some will be picked up but I have a feeling the majority never find a new home
johnnychimpo
There's no way there's 3500 people that left FBS schools currently in the portal. There may have been that many enter the portal at one point or another but "to be in the portal as of current" would mean an average of 25 players per team haven't found a home yet. Not buying that.
ImABearToo
Bidenomics!
Harrison Bergeron
ImwithBU said:

I just see a lot of kids about the mess up their full ride... Some will be picked up but I have a feeling the majority never find a new home
What is going to be annoying is the next round will focus on the "injustice" of players that enter the portal and do not get another scholarship ... then the same folks will be crying they should get money.
cowboycwr
ImwithBU said:

I bet that is why so many put their name in the portal but are still part of their current team and keep the right to stay if no one picks them up.
jikespingleton
ImABearToo said:

Bidenomics!
I always enjoy how people pin sitting presidents with anything and everything that is wrong.

McDonald's shorted you some fries? Bush's fault.

Local mechanic wants too much money to fix your suv? It's osama bin obama's fault.

College football is screwed up? That damn Biden..

TinFoilHatPreacherBear
jikespingleton said:

ImABearToo said:

Bidenomics!
I always enjoy how people pin sitting presidents with anything and everything that is wrong.

McDonald's shorted you some fries? Bush's fault.

Local mechanic wants too much money to fix your suv? It's osama bin obama's fault.

College football is screwed up? That damn Biden..

Pull your Depends up, he wasn't actually blaming Biden for the portal. It was a stupid nonsensical joke sure, but cmon man, you don't have to light the beacon for the wayward liberals here to come to Joe's defense.
GoodOleBaylorLine
I may put my name in the portal, just to see what happens. I do have 4 years of eligibility left!
Mr Tulip
cowboycwr said:

ImwithBU said:

I bet that is why so many put their name in the portal but are still part of their current team and keep the right to stay if no one picks them up.
Once you fill out the paperwork for the portal, the school can remove you immediately from all team activities. You don't have the "right" to go back to your current team if you're not happy with the portal. As soon as the paperwork is submitted, you only have a "former" team.

That said, it can be pretty bad optics to drop a player like that. Most coaches would allow the portaling player to still work out at the team facilities, and would usually accept the player back.
ImABearToo
Triggered much? Those numbers are about as believable as Biden trying to convince us of all the jobs he's created and how things aren't as bad as we think they are.
“Life is short, eat desert first!”
johnnychimpo
That's actually a terrible job trying to sell statistics. Who really cares about non-scholarship players in the portal. Lead with scholarship players in the portal and maybe it's worth reading.
johnnychimpo
jikespingleton said:

ImABearToo said:

Bidenomics!

You mixed up your terrorist groups there. Barrack's middle name is Hussein not Bin.
ZachTay
Harrison Bergeron said:

"may be" ??

Came out from under the rock I see.............
chriscbear
Portal and NIL a net gain for BU.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.