Football
Sponsored by

No draft thread

2,545 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by cowboycwr
boykin_spaniel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Of course my main concern is Baylor winning games. I was more directing my league success at people griping about zero draft picks. Yeah it sucks but I'd rather have guys achieve a level of success in the NFL than be a 6th round pick and never make a roster.

And I do think some of Briles' guys would've benefited today from teams learning to adapt to spread players.
boykin_spaniel
I love RGIII as much as any Baylor fan but dude couldn't slide. His career would've looked like Randall Cunningham. Solid when healthy but not always healthy.

Plus team fit matters. The commies are a terrible franchise, which would've hurt his overall performance.
cowboycwr
BUATX2000 said:

cowboycwr said:

boykin_spaniel said:

I did forget Xavien. He's been very good. Billings has stuck around as a fine rotational piece or gap stop.

Briles' best two NFL players are defensemen. Terrence Williams was okay and arguably Briles most successful offensive pro. The guys you listed were okay, but we need more.

My point remains. We need to get more guys into the league that do something of note. Bernard became the Bills starting Mike this past season and had over 140 tackles and 6 sacks. Note worthy. Pitre is a defensive centerpiece for a rebuilding Texans team. Obviously not everyone will be that caliber but more guys sticking in the league beyond a few years bouncing around practice squads.

I think it helps with recruiting when guys like that come back during an off week and interact with the team. "Come here and we can prepare you for the league just like we did Bernard, Pitre, Howard, etc."

I'd take Gabe Hall not getting picked and being an 8 year vet vs being a 5th round pick and out of the league after 3 years and 1 tackle.
Honestly I am not concerned with how guys do in the league. Sure it helps a little in recruiting but really the focus is on winning games at Baylor, not getting players ready for the next league. That is why teams don't run pro offenses or defenses.

Several of our guys didn't stick because of injuries or the fact that Briles was ahead of his time and the league had not adapted to the type of offense they now use where the guys from the Briles years would probably be more successful.

I'd take any amount of NFL playing time with their contracts and saving the money to be set for life.

RGIII would be wearing 4 rings by now if he had been drafted 3 years later.
Or if he was used correctly, not pressured to go play hurt, given time to heal, etc.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.