Football
Sponsored by

Missed the Draft

2,161 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by Killing Floor
ZachTay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sorry, but I had a family emergency and missed the first two days of the NFL draft. Will someone please recap for me all of the Dave Aranda players that got drafted in Rds 1, 2, or 3?

Thanks so much.......

Sic'em
IBleedGreenandGold
You didn't miss much..
Wacoraisedbear
Byron Murphy former aranda commit went top 20 if that counts smart choice by him flipping to Texas
ALLBEAR
Super grim outlook. 1 player drafted in the last two seasons. Yikes
MrGolfguy
Dave's only had 4 classes so far right? The majority of his guys are still playing CFB; those in his first class are seniors and like everywhere he's lost some to the portal. Then he's got some 3 year guys & some 2 year guys, and younger. So which of his guys does the OP think should've been picked that weren't?
Daveisabovereproach
MrGolfguy said:

Dave's only had 4 classes so far right? The majority of his guys are still playing CFB; those in his first class are seniors and like everywhere he's lost some to the portal. Then he's got some 3 year guys & some 2 year guys, and younger. So which of his guys does the OP think should've been picked that weren't?

You don't actually have to be a senior to declare for the draft. Plenty of sophomores get taken in the first round. So that's a weird attempt to defend Dave
ImwithBU
Daveisabovereproach said:

MrGolfguy said:

You don't actually have to be a senior to declare for the draft. Plenty of sophomores get taken in the first round. So that's a weird attempt to defend Dave

It wasn't a weird attempt to defend Dave. It's a dumbass comment to act like we had players that would be drafted in the first round. This fan base is exhausting at times. You **** on the coach then **** on the players but for some reason we can't get you to go away. When you don't care about something you tend to go away. We can get rid of y'all. We get it your not on board yet you keep hanging around like a jaded ex
Daveisabovereproach
ImwithBU said:

MrGolfguy said:

It wasn't a weird attempt to defend Dave. It's a dumbass comment to act like we had players that would be drafted in the first round. This fan base is exhausting at times. You **** on the coach then **** on the players but for some reason we can't get you to go away. When you don't care about something you tend to go away. We can get rid of y'all. We get it your not on board yet you keep hanging around like a jaded ex

Ok Mack. Again, you don't need to be a senior to be drafted. I actually love Dave, hence my username. Not a big loss that none of his players are getting drafted. I'm just happy that no scandals are happening
ImwithBU

ImwithBU said:

MrGolfguy said:

Ok Mack. Again, you don't need to be a senior to be drafted. I actually love Dave, hence my username. Not a big loss that none of his players are getting drafted. I'm just happy that no scandals are happening

Again what player would be dumb enough to enter the draft when you're not invited to the combine and you still have eligibility. We had maybe one player go to the combine this year. Color me suprised we we didn't have a player drafted in the first 3 rounds
Daveisabovereproach
ImwithBU said:

ImwithBU said:

MrGolfguy said:

Again what player would be dumb enough to enter the draft when you're not invited to the combine and you still have eligibility. We had maybe one player go to the combine this year. Color me suprised we we didn't have a player drafted in the first 3 rounds

Exactly. General thought is, "well, this year sucks so maybe things will be better next year". So it's either a lack of talent, or Dave simply lacks the coaching ability to showcase that talent. Either way, there is no way you can spin this such that Dave doesn't get the blame. And again, you don't need to be a senior to be drafted. it was a dumb argument. But like I said, I'm glad you like Dave. I like him too. I hope he will be our coach for 100 more years.

Daveisabovereproach
Come this time next year when we have no players in the draft, what will the excuses be fellas? This should be good, let's hear them. Hit me with your best shot
MrGolfguy

MrGolfguy said:

You don't actually have to be a senior to declare for the draft. Plenty of sophomores get taken in the first round.
I am aware, just waiting for the OP to name names
EvilTroyAndAbed
It's just a troll thread.
ALLBEAR
might be a troll, but its true as well
ZachTay
Still out of pocket, with family at the hospital. But I hear the draft is well into the 5th round. PLEASE update me on Aranda's players taken so far. Heard Gabe has a shot too, so which team snatched him?

And.....which team selected Charlie Brewer III? That dude was Heisman worthy per some Baylor fans so certainly he's swept up by now.

Sic'em
MrGolfguy
ZachTay said:

Still out of pocket, with family at the hospital. But I hear the draft is well into the 5th round. PLEASE update me on Aranda's players taken so far. Heard Gabe has a shot too, so which team snatched him?

And.....which team selected Charlie Brewer III? That dude was Heisman worthy per some Baylor fans so certainly he's swept up by now.

Sic'em
Clocks ticking troll........name names
ImwithBU

ImwithBU said:

ImwithBU said:

MrGolfguy said:

Exactly. General thought is, "well, this year sucks so maybe things will be better next year". So it's either a lack of talent, or Dave simply lacks the coaching ability to showcase that talent. Either way, there is no way you can spin this such that Dave doesn't get the blame. And again, you don't need to be a senior to be drafted. it was a dumb argument. But like I said, I'm glad you like Dave. I like him too. I hope he will be our coach for 100 more years.

I'm glad you like Dave. I'm not sure it's him or the players at this point. Either way I bought my tickets and made my mind up that I will give it one more go. This year is make or break for me and a should be the same for Dave and Mack both. I just don't expect to keep piling on what you all have called a dumpster fire tenure. If he sucks and the players suck then why would I expect them to get drafted. We have had far better (or productive) players in this program to undrafted
ALLBEAR
Just saw that UTEP had someone drafted
ALLBEAR
English rugby lad just was drafted
boognish_bear
16 schools in the new big 12… And a total of 10 kids drafted

boognish_bear
ALLBEAR
Too many choir boys, and not enough dawgs
boognish_bear
dstaylor57
Gabe Hall is a good example of a player with NFL ability but lacked motivation and development to reach his potential.
BUGWBBear
ZachTay said:

Sorry, but I had a family emergency and missed the first two days of the NFL draft. Will someone please recap for me all of the Dave Aranda players that got drafted in Rds 1, 2, or 3?

Thanks so much.......

Sic'em

&ct=g
BBWCBear
"We're not an institution of football". PLEASE… let it be known. There is no reason for these draft threads, the draft is for athletes.
boognish_bear
I think this is a little misleading because there are a much higher number of 3* and below than 4* and above

wgeralds
dstaylor57 said:

Gabe Hall is a good example of a player with NFL ability but lacked motivation and development to reach his potential.
shocking considering we have a defensive coordinator with as fine of a pedigree as he has. if you're wondering...i'll hit the highlights -> tight ends coach at ULM, special teams coordinator at Sam Houston state, and don't forget running backs coach at northwestern state. if you're wondering if he only coached offense before coming to Baylor...the answer is no. Per Powledge's Oregon bio, in 2018-2019, "Powledge moved south and took his first job on the defensive side of the ball as the outside linebackers coach and special teams coordinator at Louisiana." Incredible! 6 years coaching defense after playing at the prestigious aforementioned Sam Houston state and coaching offense for several more; the man is built to churn out NFL talent.
ImwithBU
wgeralds said:

dstaylor57 said:

shocking considering we have a defensive coordinator with as fine of a pedigree as he has. if you're wondering...i'll hit the highlights -> tight ends coach at ULM, special teams coordinator at Sam Houston state, and don't forget running backs coach at northwestern state. if you're wondering if he only coached offense before coming to Baylor...the answer is no. Per Powledge's Oregon bio, in 2018-2019, "Powledge moved south and took his first job on the defensive side of the ball as the outside linebackers coach and special teams coordinator at Louisiana." Incredible! 6 years coaching defense after playing at the prestigious aforementioned Sam Houston state and coaching offense for several more; the man is built to churn out NFL talent.

You can't coach desire or teach someone to have a motor. You can't just say you want it. Have to put I the work and that's for all aspects of life not just sports
ZachTay
ImwithBU said:

wgeralds said:

dstaylor57 said:

You can't coach desire or teach someone to have a motor. You can't just say you want it. Have to put I the work and that's for all aspects of life not just sports
So then you are saying it is Aranda and his staff's inability to recruit well and then inability to retain that talent by demonstrating they can get them to the next level?
wgeralds
ZachTay said:

ImwithBU said:

wgeralds said:

dstaylor57 said:

So then you are saying it is Aranda and his staff's inability to recruit well and then inability to retain that talent by demonstrating they can get them to the next level?
aranda's made more "bad" decisions than "good" decisions during his tenure. and frankly i don't think it's close. from grimes to brewer to powledge to pretty much any in-game decision to personnel disasters - it's been a comedy of errors. if he can't be trusted to make the simplest of "good" decisions, how could anyone in this fan base expect a player to develop which is like 2nd and 3rd level type stuff? aranda is not a head coach, he's not a program leader, he's not a CEO. he may very well be a great DC...couldn't tell you. long-winded response but yes, Aranda has made bad personnel decisions, which have looked worse with horrible coaching calls, which have looked worse with pathetic losses, which have looked worse with emphasis on person over player, which have looked worse with press conferences talking about how great practices have been.
Killing Floor
That's not a loss. He probably wouldn't have started here.

Am I doing it right?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.