Stadium Upgrades?

6,364 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by jikespingleton
WacoFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any noticeable changes for 2024?
Robert Wilson
Hopefully it has a better team in it
BearlyBeloved
Camera angles seem fine.
MrGolfguy
Needs new turf
ImABearToo
Heard on Mosley's show this week they're installing a video screen on back side of Jumbotron so you can see the action coming over pedestrian bridge. Other stuff I'm forgetting too.
“Life is short, eat desert first!”
T-REX
MrGolfguy said:

Needs new turf
turf was replaced 2 years ago
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
T-REX
They have redone the ribbon boards around the stadium and installed a 2nd screen on the north endzone area where there is the gap in the 2nd level. Rumor is another screen will go on the back of the jumbo tron. Also a brand new broadcast operations center has been installed that allows national broadcast teams to come in without needing to truck in tons of equipment which will also improve our own internal broadcasts.
Baylor MBA 2023
ImABearToo
ESPN+ ready.
MrGolfguy
T-REX said:

MrGolfguy said:

Needs new turf
Already looks worn, and the 'gold' BU and endzones have a cheddar cheesey orange tint to them.
Definitely needs a redo.
Stranger
should we get more than a two year warranty?
Stranger
Stranger said:

should we get more than a two year warranty?

How bout a new suite for Mack and them?
BBWCBear
ImABearToo said:

Heard on Mosley's show this week they're installing a video screen on back side of Jumbotron so you can see the action coming over pedestrian bridge. Other stuff I'm forgetting too.

Anyway to tarp it when we're getting pummeled?
BearlyBeloved
T-REX said:

They have redone the ribbon boards around the stadium and installed a 2nd screen on the north endzone area where there is the gap in the 2nd level. Rumor is another screen will go on the back of the jumbo tron. Also a brand new broadcast operations center has been installed that allows national broadcast teams to come in without needing to truck in tons of equipment which will also improve our own internal broadcasts.
I'd like to know more about these.

Where on the web might I find more info, images, etc.?
Space Cutter
Turf was removed for new pickleball courts since football is a dying sports
PartyBear
It is already on its second turf and the stadium is slightly less than 10 years old. Artificial surfaces generally should last 10 years. The current turf was installed in 2019 to be consistent with our horrible new branding unveiled then. (Although I don't have an issue with how the field looks in general). The original turf obviously was only 5 years old when it was replaced.
Stranger
PartyBear said:

It is already on its second turf and the stadium is slightly less than 10 years old. Artificial surfaces generally should last 10 years. The current turf was installed in 2019 to be consistent with our horrible new branding unveiled then. (Although I don't have an issue with how the field looks in general). The original turf obviously was only 5 years old when it was replaced.

What did that cost and who paid for it?
JP1037
MrGolfguy said:

T-REX said:

MrGolfguy said:

Needs new turf
Already looks worn, and the 'gold' BU and endzones have a cheddar cheesey orange tint to them.
Definitely needs a redo.

Did UT have fresh ink on the bottom of their shoes?
T-REX
PartyBear said:

turf was replaced in 21 actually. My friend did a tour on the filed while it was being done.
Baylor MBA 2023
ImABearToo
There was a live cam and I remember checking it often throughout the summer as the new turf was rolled out.
WacoFan
Did the upgrade the lighting for celebrations after a score, etc? Seems to be the trend.
Yogi
All new video package.

New south end video board, scoreboard, and ribbon boards.

The addition of a north end video board.

The addition of a video board on the opposite side of the main video board on the south end.

The addition of video/ graphics boards around the Bears' game entrance at the northeast corner of the stadium.

The rest are general maintenance improvements.
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Shakesbear
MrGolfguy said:

T-REX said:

MrGolfguy said:

Needs new turf
Definitely needs a redo.
It has never been gold. Always the cheddar yellow look. Never noticed any orange in it, but my angle is from the top of the 324
Retreat Hell! We just got here! The 2/5
T-REX
WacoFan said:

Did the upgrade the lighting for celebrations after a score, etc? Seems to be the trend.
led lighting was not installed but is on the planning floor. About a 2.5m minimum expense to do that.
Baylor MBA 2023
Killing Floor
A couple beer kiosks pay for anything we'd ever want.
Not to mention fewer empty seats.
Robert Wilson
Killing Floor said:

A couple beer kiosks pay for anything we'd ever want.
Not to mention fewer empty seats.
and a more tolerable viewing experience
Killing Floor
That's pretty close guess. I do that for a living on the manufacturing side. Have done a lot of pro and collegiate. It's not cheap. But BU McLane looks very good still so I'm glad it is a methodical decision. Do it right.
T-REX
Killing Floor said:

That's pretty close guess. I do that for a living on the manufacturing side. Have done a lot of pro and collegiate. It's not cheap. But BU McLane looks very good still so I'm glad it is a methodical decision. Do it right.
my understanding is that they want to get it done but it will happen a lot sooner if someone writes a check
Baylor MBA 2023
hodedofome
When is a roof getting installed. We'd have folks stay at the game longer if they weren't getting burned by the sun or poured on by rain.
T-REX
hodedofome said:

When is a roof getting installed. We'd have folks stay at the game longer if they weren't getting burned by the sun or poured on by rain.
why don't the other 99% of stadiums have this same issue?
Baylor MBA 2023
whitetrash
T-REX said:

hodedofome said:

Schools not named Syracuse, Idaho or N Dakota St with roofs on their on-campus stadium:

T-REX
whitetrash said:

T-REX said:

hodedofome said:

Schools not named Syracuse, Idaho or N Dakota St with roofs on their on-campus stadium:

they are all white?
Baylor MBA 2023
ImABearToo
Then I'd stay even in a blowout loss to someone like Texas State.
Porche098988
Camera angle seem nice.
hodedofome
T-REX said:

hodedofome said:

I think about the universities in Texas which have good fan turnout. We're just talking about UT, Aggy and Tech. Two schools with a history of decent fan turnout regardless of their record.

Baylor, SMU, TCU, Tx State, UTSA and Houston only have fair weather fans. We have to do what we can to insulate them from the weather, if you will.
BearlyBeloved
Rent out students to provide fans for the fans.

Problem solved.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.