Ohio State's NIL football distribution last year

1,971 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by BearlyBeloved
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Aliceinbubbleland
I wonder how that compares to the major powers in the SEC? "Around $20 million" sounds like government accounting.
historian
Doesn't Texas like to brag about having the wealthiest athletic department?
GabrielFoster
Wow, that is a lot.
SoonerFrogs
no way that is sustainable
BearlyBeloved
Are those AMERICAN dollars?

Daveisabovereproach
Not surprising. It's professional football under the guise of college, and it's being driven by the NFL. The NFL loves the status quo of having a free development league where they don't have to babysit 19-year-olds and worry about players getting Lamborghini deals and other players feeling left out and all that drama
Aliceinbubbleland
Daveisabovereproach said:

Not surprising. It's professional football under the guise of college, and it's being driven by the NFL. The NFL loves the status quo of having a free development league where they don't have to babysit 19-year-olds and worry about players getting Lamborghini deals and other players feeling left out and all that drama
I think this is the absolute best thought posted on this topic. We have been critical of the networks when it is really the NFL driving this.
Kamala Harris: Lina Hidalgo on steroids.
fredbear
Actually, I was surprised at how small the number is for a major player. I was told that Texas tech's this year will be 16 million. I bet ours exceeds 10 million. What is shocking about 20? I bet they are low balling it.

BearlyBeloved
It's time to recast this as We Pay for Results.

Fill in your own numbers:

• Make a tackle? $500
  • Get a sack? $1,000
  • Cause a fumble or interception? $2,500
  • Goal line stand?
  • Touchdown?
  • Field goal?
  • Pancake block?
  • Prevent a sack?
  • Open a hole for the runner?

We need an entire menu. And some items would have to be shared, such as with everyone who plays in a game we win. Double or triple for certain games.

And then we can dock the pay of anyone who gets a penalty.

historian
Coaches sometimes get bonuses for certain accomplishments (Mulkey's LSU contract, for example, gave her a huge bonus for the natty) so why not something similar for players? Give every player who contributes to winning a game a bonus, maybe subtracting some for penalties or negative accomplishments. Maybe a bigger bonus for winning a championship or a bowl game. With a little imagination, it is possible to provide all kinds of incentives for great performance.
boognish_bear
Guess they had some practice at this before NIL

Daveisabovereproach
boognish_bear said:

Guess they had some practice at this before NIL

And that's actually not that much. I've got a close family member that is friends with Cameron Ward's family. He was offered 2 million by Miami boosters to transfer to Miami
BearlyBeloved
I will accept $1.98 not to transfer to another fan site.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.