The air is out of the balloon

2,681 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by JXL
bear2be2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This was Aranda's chance to get the fan base back on board, and he failed once again in the most spectacular fashion possible.

It's over.

We may win five or six games, but this staff is a bunch of losers who have created a culture of losing.

You cant fix that.

This is three straight years of the same exact ***** Stealing defeat from the jaws of victory. And you can trace it all back to our pussified culture that's so afraid to lose games we don't try to win them.

Coach scared. Play scared. Get these guys out of Waco. I'm done with them.
ImABearToo
Can't even sell my seats for the remainder of the season for half price, at best.
bear2be2
The really sad thing is this team has the talent to win. Dave has just mind****ed these guys so bad they don't know how anymore.

They've been infected with the loser virus, and Dave is Patient Zero.
Doc Holliday
Yep. It's not going to get better.

This is what happens when you promote someone without due diligence. 100% the fault of Rhoades.
Daveisabovereproach
Dog, you have low-key been defending Dave for a long time now. Are you joining the dark side?
Bandito
Looks like the Wendy's $5 tickets will be making a comeback.
IowaBear
Dave coaches every single game not to lose. Every single game… we had the ball at their 26 GOLDEN opportunity to seal the game. Boom 3 runs and the ole Hankins shank. He does this time and time again. Zero killer instinct.
I'm not sure they win another game. This kind of loss breaks teams. Especially mentally fragile ones
ABC BEAR
bear2be2 said:

This was Aranda's chance to get the fan base back on board, and he failed once again in the most spectacular fashion possible.

It's over.

We may win five or six games, but this staff is a bunch of losers who have created a culture of losing.

You cant fix that.

This is three straight years of the same exact ***** Stealing defeat from the jaws of victory. And you can trace it all back to our pussified culture that's so afraid to lose games we don't try to win them.

I'll drink to that
BaylorGrad09
My two eyeballs don't count for much, but I certainly won't be watching any more football games while Dave is there. However I don't think I'll be alone.
Mitch Henessey
Unless we somehow win 8 games, he's done. This was the last straw for me. I at least got my fall back, I guess.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
bear2be2 said:

It's over.

You cant fix that.

Yep. Being middle of the pack is the ceiling with CDA and Spav. Really hard to believe that we have two top coaches that are this bad at knowing basic stuff.
Big12Fan2024
After tonight I'm done with Baylor football for the rest of this year and in the future until Dave Aranda is no longer associated with Baylor University. And to think we're paying him millions of dollars to do this.

Bring on Scott Drew and basketball.
bear2be2
Daveisabovereproach said:

Dog, you have low-key been defending Dave for a long time now. Are you joining the dark side?
Go read any of my posts from last year. I wanted him fired then. I was pissed when he wasn't.

I just resolved not to be a miserable ******* all offseason.

I gave him his second mulligan.

Meet the new Dave, same as the old Dave.
bear2be2
IowaBear said:

Dave coaches every single game not to lose. Every single game… we had the ball at their 26 GOLDEN opportunity to seal the game. Boom 3 runs and the ole Hankins shank. He does this time and time again. Zero killer instinct.
I'm not sure they win another game. This kind of loss breaks teams. Especially mentally fragile ones
100 percent.

We had so many chances to create some separation in tonight's game and allowed them to hang around time and time again. And we've done this so many times the last three years.

Dave and Co. coach like *******. There's no sugar coating it.
Guitarbiscuit
You hit the nail on the head. When push comes to shove, Dave loses.

And you are right. In my mind this was Aranda's last chance.

And he failed by playing not to lose.

I believe I am done for a long time. I have given up on this team.

I will watch them off and on, but the days of intensely following them are over, In my mind it's now the early aughts again, when I began to just not watch them anymore.

It's over.

You cant fix that.

Daveisabovereproach
BaylorGrad09 said:

My two eyeballs don't count for much, but I certainly won't be watching any more football games while Dave is there. However I don't think I'll be alone.

"Watching" Baylor football the last two years means me having the game on my phone while I do yardwork or play blocks or read book with my two-year-old. I used to be the dude who jumped around and screamed watching Baylor games, but Dave has sucked the mojo out of my fandom. Just such a boring coach whose football IQ is really overrated. Nice guy, but he's got to go
Quinton
Mitch Henessey said:

Unless we somehow win 8 games, he's done. This was the last straw for me. I at least got my fall back, I guess.

I agree. Was going to say keep him if they win out but 8 is fair. He is terrible with the mental side of his football team so it will be a miracle if they don't collapse after this.
Guitarbiscuit
I am with you. I am done. Back to 2002, to the old days of not giving a you know what.
Mitch Henessey
I really, really wanted it to work. Especially with the recruiting class we have coming in next season. This would have been a great way to kick off a bowl season and get momentum. And we did literally the only thing we could to lose the game. I'm done.

Send us to the dark ages. Hopefully we find a coach who can reignite the program, but it's not Aranda, much as I respect him as a man and a human being. As long as we didn't hire some POS like GJ Kinne, I'll see you guys next year with a new HC in charge.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
bear2be2 said:

Go read any of my posts from last year. I wanted him fired then. I was pissed when he wasn't.

I just resolved not to be a miserable ******* all offseason.

I gave him his second mulligan.

Meet the new Dave, same as the old Dave.

Yep B2B was definitely on the fire CDA bandwagon at the end of the season. He and I had many spirited discussions, I wanted him fired mid season, B2B wanted to wait. Either way, we were both right, he needed to be fired last year.

But here we are seeing the worst coached game in the last 25 years or more.

And sadly it looks like we're going to keep him one more year given the low bar being set with 6 wins in our 2nd tier conference.
bear2be2
Guitarbiscuit said:

I will watch them off and on, but the days of intensely following them are over, In my mind it's now the early aughts again, when I began to just not watch them anymore.
I think you nailed it with the bolded. It's not that we lost. I could have handled going for broke and losing this game throwing haymakers.

What makes it so bad is that this game put a spotlight on our DNA, and it was the same losing essence that the "new," "tougher" Dave was supposedly going to change this fall.

We're the same bunch of losers we've always been, doing the same loser things in games to give ourselves the best chance to lose when things get tough.

This game exposed Dave and Co. for what they are once and for all. When push comes to shove, they're cowards, and their team has adopted the same scared mentality.

You can't win playing scared. And you can't develop fearless players coaching scared.

It's time to reshuffle the deck. This hand sucks.
Daveisabovereproach
Quinton said:

Mitch Henessey said:

I agree. Was going to say keep him if they win out but 8 is fair. He is terrible with the mental side of his football team so it will be a miracle if they don't collapse after this.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Mack announced some sort of new revenue sharing thing to throw some more money at the team in an attempt to boost morale. I still think it's hilarious that Dequan Finn got a six figure paycheck to play two non-conference games. Bravo my man
Guitarbiscuit
You are not alone. This game will hopefully speed up the firing process for Dave. CDA set us back years.

My two eyeballs don't count for much, but I certainly won't be watching any more football games while Dave is there. However I don't think I'll be alone
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
bear2be2 said:

Guitarbiscuit said:

I think you nailed it with the bolded. It's not that we lost. I could have handled going for broke and losing this game throwing haymakers.

What makes it so bad is that this game put a spotlight on our DNA, and it was the same losing essence that the "new," "tougher" Dave was supposedly going to change this fall.

We're the same bunch of losers we've always been, doing the same loser things in games to give ourselves the best chance to lose when things get tough.

This game exposed Dave and Co. for what they are once and for all. When push comes to shove, they're cowards, and their team has adopted the same scared mentality.

You can't win playing scared.

This is so spot on. Playing like chickens.
We need a press release, "CDA and Spav fired for playing like chickens. Baylor won't tolerate that chicken-spit culture."
Fre3dombear
IowaBear said:

Dave started to put me in the camp that he must be a dei tyoe hire. I noticed all the hallmarks we all see. People throwing platitudes because they want to support that type of person. Repeated mistakes given way more forgiveness etc. He's a dc that's a head coach even, officially. Who's ever heard of that?

We've seen how this plays out. It usually results in a company's stock plummeting 50-100%.

We're approaching the 100% collapse

Goodbye recruiting class. Imagine the texts being sent to those elite guys we supposedly got commitments from. No way those guys ever make it to baylor
Me very day more of day is another day of delay for maybe fixing it. I'm glad I got to see the Briles years. Matt rhule worked magic too and crated 2021 Dave

But that's it now that we're basically in an arena league type conference. Dave is a charity case for whatever reason. We can all speculate

The fact he's still coaching either proves that or gross incompetence of Mack and Linda

Or both. Probably it's both.
Daveisabovereproach
Fre3dombear said:

IowaBear said:

Dave started to put me in the camp that he must be a dei tyoe hire. I noticed all the hallmarks we all see. People throwing platitudes because they want to support that type of person. Repeated mistakes given way more forgiveness etc. He's a dc that's a head coach even, officially. Who's ever heard of that?

We've seen how this plays out. It usually results in a company's stock plummeting 50-100%.

Good y recruiting class. Imagine the texts being sent to those elite guys we supposedly got commitments from. No way those guys ever make it to baylor
Me very day more of day is another day of delay for maybe fixing it. I'm glad I got to see the Briles years. Matt rhule worked magic too and crated 2021 Dave

But that's it now that we're basically in an arena league type conference. Dave is a charity case for whatever reason. We can all speculate

The fact he's still coaching either proves that or gross incompetence of Mack and Linda

No I don't think we hired him because of his race. I just think a sugar bowl win at Baylor gets you a huge leash long after everyone with any amount of sense realizes that that one great year was a very much the outlier
Mitch Henessey
Fre3dombear said:

IowaBear said:

Good y recruiting class. Imagine the texts being sent to those elite guys we supposedly got commitments from. No way those guys ever make it to baylor

He should be fired, but this is nonsense. You're an idiot.
Mitch Henessey
The worst part of it is, Aranda is a damn good Defensive Coordinator. We're going to be paying him an absolute ass load of money to coach a P5 defense next year, and he's going to be doing it well. He's just not cut out to be a HC, sadly.
Fre3dombear

Fre3dombear said:

IowaBear said:

No I don't think we hired him because of his race. I just think a sugar bowl win at Baylor gets you a huge leash long after everyone with any amount of sense realizes that that one great year was a very much the outlier

Nah not why we hired him but he has all the hallmarks of why he's still here continuing to fail at a position he's clearly unqualified for
True Grit
Aranda is 25-27 overall and 15-23 in Big 12 play. He is what his record says he is. I only see one more possible win (at Houston) on the schedule. This is ridiculous. Letting Aranda come back for this season was a colossal mistake. That one decision by Mack and Linda will set back the program for years to come.
BUATX2000
Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand
Fre3dombear
Mitch Henessey said:

Fre3dombear said:

IowaBear said:

You may think so but you'd be wrong. But thankfully I don't have to endure Dave and letting him try to figure it out other than the very little time we spend on it these days compared to before.

Nobody would be given all these opportunities to fail and pats in the head

Just is what it is. He's being held to a different standard of suck
bear2be2
Mitch Henessey said:

The worst part of it is, Aranda is a damn good Defensive Coordinator. We're going to be paying him an absolute ass load of money to coach a P5 defense next year, and he's going to be doing it well. He's just not cut out to be a HC, sadly.
These are determinations good athletic directors make.

I can't for the life of me understand how anyone could sit in an interview with Dave Aranda and be as wooed as Rhoades was and continues to be by the guy. He shares almost zero qualities with any of the best head coaches on the planet.

This was Rhoades trying to be the smartest person in the room, as usual. And it's backfired bigly.
BUATX2000
Fre3dombear said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Fre3dombear said:

IowaBear said:

You may think so but you'd be wrong. But thankfully I don't have to endure Dave and letting him try to figure it out other than the very little time we spend on it these days compared to before.

Nobody would be given all these opportunities to fail and pats in the head

Just is what it is. He's being held to a different standard of suck

Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand
Daveisabovereproach
Fre3dombear said:

Fre3dombear said:

IowaBear said:

Nah not why we hired him but he has all the hallmarks of why he's still here continuing to fail at a position he's clearly unqualified for

I just think standards are very low amongst the powers that be. I remember that there was an interview with Linda a couple years back where she was talking up our six win season like it was a big accomplishment.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.