The air is out of the balloon

2,834 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Realitybites
Killing Floor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I still think we have a shot to beat Houston and possibly TCU
Let’s Go!
Fre3dombear
True Grit said:

Aranda is 25-27 overall and 15-23 in Big 12 play. He is what his record says he is. I only see one more possible win (at Houston) on the schedule. This is ridiculous. Letting Aranda come back for this season was a colossal mistake. That one decision by Mack and Linda will set back the program for years to come.

Yep. Was a 4 year decision. Why?
bear2be2
True Grit said:

Aranda is 25-27 overall and 15-23 in Big 12 play. He is what his record says he is. I only see one more possible win (at Houston) on the schedule. This is ridiculous. Letting Aranda come back for this season was a colossal mistake. That one decision by Mack and Linda will set back the program for years to come.
We can win a lot of the games remaining on our schedule. We won't, but we can.

We'll play no fewer than five or six more one-score games this year. But we'll find ways to lose most of them like we have since 2022.
Guitarbiscuit
Perhaps, but I and probably 50 pct of the fan base won't care to watch.
BUATX2000
bear2be2 said:

True Grit said:

We'll play no fewer than five or six more one-score games this year. But we'll find ways to lose most of them like we have since 2022.
get dunked
bear2be2
BUATX2000 said:

bear2be2 said:

True Grit said:

get dunked
The Big 12 is full of mediocre teams. Our talent is on par with everyone but Utah this year. Unfortunately, our coaching is in the bottom quartile.

Our talent -- especially on defense -- will keep us in a lot of games. Our coaching will ensure we don't win most of them.
BUATX2000
bear2be2 said:

BUATX2000 said:

bear2be2 said:

True Grit said:

get dunked
The Big 12 is full of mediocre teams. Our talent is on par with everyone but Utah this year. Unfortunately, our coaching is in the bottom quartile.
bottom decile
bear2be2
BUATX2000 said:

bear2be2 said:

BUATX2000 said:

bear2be2 said:

True Grit said:

get dunked
bottom decile
He just lost to one of the worst coaching staff's in the league. So you're probably right.
boognish_bear
The thing that kills me is this is freaking year 5 for him.

Somehow most of us (myself included) have been Stockholm Syndromed in to thinking if Dave gets to 6 wins this year and a bowl game he can stay.

If we aspire to once again becoming a program that matters then getting to 6 wins in year 5 should not be the bar.

Year 5 is when his stamp should firmly be on the program....and I'm afraid it is.

#firedave
boykin_spaniel
I think it's bizarre timing. I've never minded the going for 4th downs like some people. Go big or go home, unless going big makes you go home. We rush 4 and play tight coverage the outside on the final play of regulation up 7 and the opponent is 40+ yards away. Why not rush 3 and not play tight coverage? We played for a sack in a situation where you play to simply make an incomplete pass. Buffs give us a lot of 1v1 and we take a few shots and connect on a couple but don't take more. Why not just keep taking those shots with a few Sawyer and Richardson runs mixed in? Maybe Sawyer throws a pick or he throws another touchdown. They drop back and ignore run then let Sawyer audible to a run.

Not related to your comment but where was Cameron in the passing game? Why not scheme him a screen into Hunter? He's physical. I love Baldwin but he's not a tackle breaker even against Hunter. Also why didn't we take more shots to Baldwin with positive matchups? I'd rather take those shots and go down swinging as you say than 1-3 yard runs. Same with Hawkins. Get them on the field at the same time running deep…
Daveisabovereproach
boognish_bear said:

The thing that kills me is this is freaking year 5 for him.

Somehow most of us (myself included) have been Stockholm Syndromed in to thinking if Dave gets to 6 wins this year and a bowl game he can stay.

If we aspire to once again becoming a program that matters then getting to 6 wins in year 5 should not be the bar.

Year 5 is when his stamp should firmly be on the program....and I'm afraid it is.

#firedave

Exactly. All off-season, the PR arm of the athletic department gaslit the fans into thinking that six wins would be a huge accomplishment in year five. Six wins in this crappy conference SUCKS. This current squad is easily capable of 8-9 wins in this conference, but we have zero chance of getting there with Dave at the helm, so six wins probably would be a big accomplishment
boognish_bear
Do we settle for being "not bad" now? BTW...im not convinced yet that we aren't bad. We can be a better team than last year and still finish bottom third of the conference.

Daveisabovereproach
boognish_bear said:

Do we settle for being "not bad" now? BTW...im not convinced yet that we aren't bad. We can be a better team than last year and still finish bottom third of the conference.

Travis and all the other writers on the premium board are bought and paid for by the athletic department. The premium board is the Al Jazeera of Baylor sports. They will say anything to get that 13/month or whatever they're charging now.
boognish_bear
Have some self awareness Dave....don't say this s

ABC BEAR
FIRE DAVE NOW!!

JUST WIN NOW!!

Now I feel better, so I'm going to get cleaned up and go to bed.
Killing Floor
As in "let's give Colorado a cigar"

Weird name for a play that leaves receivers uncovered in the end zone.
Let’s Go!
bear2be2
boognish_bear said:

Have some self awareness Dave....don't say this s

It still fits. It's just the wrong team smoking it.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
Fre3dombear said:

IowaBear said:

Dave coaches every single game not to lose. Every single game… we had the ball at their 26 GOLDEN opportunity to seal the game. Boom 3 runs and the ole Hankins shank. He does this time and time again. Zero killer instinct.
I'm not sure they win another game. This kind of loss breaks teams. Especially mentally fragile ones

Dave started to put me in the camp that he must be a dei tyoe hire. I noticed all the hallmarks we all see. People throwing platitudes because they want to support that type of person. Repeated mistakes given way more forgiveness etc. He's a dc that's a head coach even, officially. Who's ever heard of that?

We've seen how this plays out. It usually results in a company's stock plummeting 50-100%.

We're approaching the 100% collapse

Goodbye recruiting class. Imagine the texts being sent to those elite guys we supposedly got commitments from. No way those guys ever make it to baylor
Me very day more of day is another day of delay for maybe fixing it. I'm glad I got to see the Briles years. Matt rhule worked magic too and crated 2021 Dave

But that's it now that we're basically in an arena league type conference. Dave is a charity case for whatever reason. We can all speculate

The fact he's still coaching either proves that or gross incompetence of Mack and Linda

Or both. Probably it's both.

No, just no. He was a reasonable pick at the time, had nothing to do with dei. Really strange conclusion given his resume, but now his time should be up.
Fre3dombear
TinFoilHatPreacherBear said:

Fre3dombear said:

IowaBear said:

Dave coaches every single game not to lose. Every single game… we had the ball at their 26 GOLDEN opportunity to seal the game. Boom 3 runs and the ole Hankins shank. He does this time and time again. Zero killer instinct.
I'm not sure they win another game. This kind of loss breaks teams. Especially mentally fragile ones

Dave started to put me in the camp that he must be a dei tyoe hire. I noticed all the hallmarks we all see. People throwing platitudes because they want to support that type of person. Repeated mistakes given way more forgiveness etc. He's a dc that's a head coach even, officially. Who's ever heard of that?

We've seen how this plays out. It usually results in a company's stock plummeting 50-100%.

Goodbye recruiting class. Imagine the texts being sent to those elite guys we supposedly got commitments from. No way those guys ever make it to baylor
Me very day more of day is another day of delay for maybe fixing it. I'm glad I got to see the Briles years. Matt rhule worked magic too and crated 2021 Dave

But that's it now that we're basically in an arena league type conference. Dave is a charity case for whatever reason. We can all speculate

The fact he's still coaching either proves that or gross incompetence of Mack and Linda

No, just no. He was a reasonable pick at the time, had nothing to do with dei. Really strange conclusion given his resume, but now his time should be up.

It's not about his hire. Never said it had anything to do with that. . It's about his continued employment after last year. Nobody can explain it so we should explore potential reasons he was asked to run it back.

Colorado had lost 30 straight when trailing by 14+ until…Dave.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
Fre3dombear said:

Fre3dombear said:

IowaBear said:

It's not about his hire. Never said it had anything to do with that. . It's about his continued employment after last year. Nobody can explain it so we should explore potential reasons he was asked to run it back.

Colorado had lost 30 straight when trailing by 14+ until…Dave.

I think CDA is still employed because of Mack's doing a CYA move due to the extension.
boykin_spaniel
boognish_bear
He says he takes full responsibility… Mack are you listening?

TinFoilHatPreacherBear
boognish_bear said:

He says he takes full responsibility… Mack are you listening?

"find a way to coach that better"

???

I mean it's basic coaching. At your level you don't have to learn it.
Guitarbiscuit

It's so heartwarming to know he takes full responsibilty.
boognish_bear
BUATX2000
boognish_bear said:

boy I hope not.
JXL

Fre3dombear said:

IowaBear said:

His only real "qualification" was that he came from the SEC. His claim to fame was that he was the defensive coordinator on a team which had Joe Burrow at QB and could outscore everyone. Aranda's LSU defense wasn't anything special - in the national championship year they gave up almost 22 points a game.

Realitybites
Daveisabovereproach said:

st think standards are very low amongst the powers that be. I remember that there was an interview with Linda a couple years back where she was talking up our six win season like it was a big accomplishment.

This. Linda has to go. Mack has to go. Dave has to go. Things will not improve till failing leadership is replaced, from the top down.

As far as Dave goes, it is worse than rhe lack of killer instinct. It is a fundamental inability to grasp Xs and Os that led to the inappropriate positioning of the defense that let rhe game get to overtime in the first place. Going for two when it was not appropriate. Poor clock management.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.