Texas Tech

5,265 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by boognish_bear
bear2be2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BBWCBear said:

Realitybites said:

Nobody is leaving Tech to coach Baylor in the current environment.

Agree 100%. It would be a tremendous step backwards with little chance to survive. ONE coach left this miserable Loser university for another job. He presently is having reasonable success, but that university has him on a short leash.
Your schtick is tired. It's not Baylor, it's Dave.

Baylor pays well, is located in the most fertile recruiting ground in the country and has a recent history of success most of our conference peers would kill for.

That Dave can't capitalize on those things doesn't mean a good coach couldn't.

We just need to finalize the divorce and find a better coach.
BBWCBear
bear2be2 said:

BBWCBear said:

Realitybites said:

Agree 100%. It would be a tremendous step backwards with little chance to survive. ONE coach left this miserable Loser university for another job. He presently is having reasonable success, but that university has him on a short leash.

Baylor pays well, is located in the most fertile recruiting ground in the country and has a recent history of success most of our conference peers would kill for.

Sounds reasonable, I'll give you that; however, looking back over 60+ years with the occasional "15 minutes of fame", the Administration's history AND investment I'm just almost completely burned out.
bear2be2
BBWCBear said:

bear2be2 said:

BBWCBear said:

Realitybites said:

Sounds reasonable, I'll give you that; however, looking back over 60+ years with the occasional "15 minutes of fame", the Administration's history AND investment I'm just almost completely burned out.
The investment level from the Beall, Teaff, Reedy, Roberts and Steele years isn't what the current reality.

Since the Morriss era, we've committed the resources necessary to win, and all three of the coaches that followed Morriss did at a high level for at least one season. The problem is that we've learned these last three years that 2021 had more to do with the residual culture and talent leftover from the Rhule years than anything Dave was doing. And once those fingerprints were wiped away, and Dave's influence was the only one on our program, he's been exposed for what he is.

That's not on Baylor, that's on Dave. Go hire a more qualified replacement and get back to fulfilling this program's substantial potential.
BBWCBear
bear2be2 said:

BBWCBear said:

bear2be2 said:

BBWCBear said:

Realitybites said:

The investment level from the Beall, Teaff, Reedy, Roberts and Steele years isn't what the current reality.

Since the Morriss era, we've committed the resources necessary to win, and all three of the coaches that followed Morriss did at a high level for at least one season. The problem is that we've learned these last three years that 2021 had more to do with the residual culture and talent leftover from the Rhule years than anything Dave was doing. And once those fingerprints were wiped away, and Dave's influence was the only one on our program, he's been exposed for what he is.

That's not on Baylor, that's on Dave. Go hire a more qualified replacement and get back to fulfilling this program's substantial potential.

Gust Avrakotos
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
bear2be2 said:

PartyBear said:

As I said the disinfo would start flying. Maybe McGuire is one of the legends of college football and you and maybe only a few can see others can see it now and I'm counting Tech people as well. I doubt it though.
No one said he was a legend. But he's a hell of a lot better than Aranda's sorry ass. The winning percentage says it, and so will the head-to-head record soon.

We hired a ****ing clown ... and you continue to support him as he does his best Titan submersible impression with our program.
CDA has dirt on PB or something, or PB is sleeping with a staffer. His excuse making for CDA is up there with the best of politicians.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
bear2be2 said:

BBWCBear said:

Realitybites said:

Spot on.

He can't head-coach. It's completely obvious so why is anyone pretending otherwise? It's clinical psychosis.

It's clear to any objective watcher that CDA cannot head-coach. He just doesn't get it. His brain is not wired for the head-coach role. While Mack was making excuses these last two years for him, CDA's cratered the program from where it was headed.

thales
bear2be2 said:

muddybrazos said:

is a pretty good team. We kept the wrong coach. I knew the day we let James Blanchard walk that we made a mistake. Joey was the guy that we shoulda kept to keep the Rhule culture. Mack screwed this one up.

And ya they almost lost to ACU but theyre a decent team.

And our idiot AD seems to be OK with it.

it is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Bobsyouruncle
They won those games ugly, but won nonetheless.
boognish_bear
Bobsyouruncle said:

Yep...I don't think in the end they will be one of the top B12 teams. I don't see them competing for the conference title this year....but that was a nice road win last night.
Killing Floor
Lubbock is going to whip our butt. I can reasonably see this being our biggest margin to date this season. I'd be more concerned about preventing injuries. This could be a 30-35 point gap. They need to win to make a statement.
They're unranked but they are 3-0 in Big12 And they've scored about 80 more points than us this season despite having a much harder schedule.
Let’s Go!
Jorkel
Killing Floor said:

Lubbock is going to whip our butt. I can reasonably see this being our biggest margin to date this season. I'd be more concerned about preventing injuries. This could be a 30-35 point gap. They need to win to make a statement.
They're unranked but they are 3-0 in Big12 And they've scored about 80 more points than us this season despite having a much harder schedule.

Their remaining schedule is prime for getting to the conference championship.
KyleKing
Bobsyouruncle said:

I'll take 12 ugly wins every year. Heck, say they gave it to us. Doesn't matter to me.

Beats the heck over having promising losses where the 'team is really close'.
Bobsyouruncle
I agree with you. Furthermore, Joey's teams seem to get better as the season goes on. If that continues, he just might do the impossible.
bear2be2
Killing Floor said:

Much harder schedule by what metric?

Pretty much every computer model has our strength of schedule ranked substantially higher.

We're 42 spots higher in ESPN's FPI, we're 20 spots higher in Massey, we're 28 spots higher in Sagarin, etc.

We suck, but that doesn't mean we need to start making stuff up.
bear2be2
Bobsyouruncle said:

I agree with you. Furthermore, Joey's teams seem to get better as the season goes on. If that continues, he just might do the impossible.
The other thing I'll give Joey is that he learns from his mistakes.

He punted last night on a fourth-and-1 from his own end in a spot that he would have definitely gone for it in the past.

His defense held up well enough to keep them in it and their offense finally got going again late in the fourth quarter to pull it out.

If they had gone for it and not gotten it in that spot, they probably lose.
TenBears
Man I think we're going to get some serious payback for the years of lame a** pizza delivery jokes. Its hard enough to win in Lubbock when with a good team and a real coach.
bear2be2
TenBears said:

Man I think we're going to get some serious payback for the years of lame a** pizza delivery jokes. Its hard enough to win in Lubbock when with a good team and a real coach.
Tech isn't that good this year. They're beating mediocre teams by one score in most cases. But unlike us, they have shored up their biggest weaknesses since the start of the season and they know how to win close games.

If we haven't completely quit, which is a real threat after the last three games, I think this will likely be another close loss.

But this underscores what I believe to be the most frustrating part of rooting for a Dave Aranda-coached team. That's watching those around us improve while we stay mired in a soupy suck stasis.

Objectively speaking, we were a better football team than Tech after two weeks. Today, that's not even remotely true. They've improved dramatically on the defensive side and continue to get more efficient with what they do offensively, while we continue down the same sorry path. It's infuriating.

Tech is no more talented than we are this year. And they're almost certainly going to beat us next week.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
Joey is a good headcoach. He may not end up being great, but he's clearly growing into the role.

CDA is not headcoach material. Tech got the better deal.

There's a reason why we're not afraid of anyone poaching CDA, because nobody wants him, outside of a DC role.

The charade just needs to stop.
boognish_bear
thales
you know things are bad in your program when you pass on a guy with zero college head coaching experience to then come back and say you should have hired the guy
boognish_bear
thales said:

you know things are bad in your program when you pass on a guy with zero college head coaching experience to then come back and say you should have hired the guy

Well...the guy we hired had zero head coaching experience.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.